Washington Post: Stop expecting stores to have food and medicine, lower your expectations!

I hope that's not it, a strike. I wonder. I've been assuming it's trouble with getting enough personnel. I have heard about the big new Covid surge in Britain, but not the trash problem! Yow.

I don't know about the other cities, but Brighton is a mess. I check the BBC daily. It has sections for each part of the UK, England, Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland., for the U.S. and Canada, Africa, Asia, Australia, etc. It has very good international coverage and other interesting cultural and historical stuff.

I guess if you don't have a way to smoke em. That smoke is just so important to the taste, IMO. I apply a dry rub of oregano, thyme, marjoram, granulated onion, granulated garlic, kosher salt and cracked pepper, then pack with light brown sugar. Then spray with diluted apple cider vinegar a few times for the first 2 hours. Then wrap in foil for 2 hours.

When they're just about done, I brush on a coat of dissolved brown sugar then blast with a blowtorch until that coating is boiling and carmelized. Every person who has tried my ribs becomes forever ruined to the very thought of eating commercial ribs ever again. ;)

Some pics :D

IMG_20211019_172017.jpg

IMG_20211019_172019.jpg

IMG_20211019_172022.jpg

Finished product!

IMG_20211019_172024.jpg

IMG_20211019_172025.jpg

"Lower your expectations!"

This is the battle cry of the Joe "Empty Shelves" Biden regime.

Appropriate advice ever since the left, & media, Big Tech and fifth columnists among the populace
gifted the presidency to Whisperin' Joe Biden.

They slimed and hustled the guy who placed America's well being above all other nations out of office
and gifted the presidency (read Rigged by Mollie Hemingway) to senile woke grifter, Joe Biden.

I don't know about the other cities, but Brighton is a mess. I check the BBC daily. It has sections for each part of the UK, England, Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland., for the U.S. and Canada, Africa, Asia, Australia, etc. It has very good international coverage and other interesting cultural and historical stuff.
Good plan to check the BBC regularly --- I should do that. I do get The Economist. But the BBC coverage is more immediate.

Well said. It's abundantly clear the "shortages" of everything are completely intentional.

Whether or not they set out to create shortages and economic chaos, it's obvious they don't consider it a bad thing, and they're enjoying seeing the peasants finally getting knocked down to the existence they think we should have.

We recently got a Sam's Club membership primarily for the lower gas prices, and my husband has turned into a prepper/hoarder. We bought a freezer to put on our patio, and it's full of dead animals. Our closets are filling up with paper products and dry goods. And now, for the first time in our marriage, he's become interested in the canning and preserving skills I learned from my grandmother (he always thought they were amusing anarchisms before now).

I wish I could say he's gone a little nuts, but I really can't.

That's cool. I don't can but my grandparents taught me. I think more people, not a lot, but some......are starting to see what's happening and at least are giving themselves a chance by storing some food and supplies. Most think the govt will always be there for them but that never happens when a country collapses. We have about a year and a half supply of food stored along with the other necessities.

I do both. Slow cook them in the oven and then finish them on the grill.

My older son does the ribs in my house. He finishes them with the broiler. Brushes on the sauce with a basting brush, broils for a couple of minutes, flips 'em, brushes on more sauce, broils again. It caramelizes the sauce. I'm not allowed to know what he does to the ribs before cooking. It's a secret. He forbids the family to enter the kitchen while he's prepping.

Forum List

Back