WashPo complains farm industry is replacing illegals with Americans

I remember when Alabama decided to crack down on migrant labor. They had a hell of a time getting the crops picked that year and had to back off. Making slave laborers out of prisoners is a very bad idea that does not work because prisoners do shitty work.

I remember when Alabama decided to crack down on migrant labor. They had a hell of a time getting the crops picked that year and had to back off. Making slave laborers out of prisoners is a very bad idea that does not work because prisoners do shitty work.
Another excuse maker for prisoners sitting on their aces costing the states huge dollars eh ? Sad situation. That's why they're prisoners, because they had way to much time on their hands when on the outside. It's time to crack down on our transient society, and put their aces to work already.

Anyone against this, is part of the problems, and not part of the solutions.

the whole crop picking thing should be mechanized .
Well it can't be completely mechanized, so hand picking will always be needed.

We just need to become tough and wise again, and we need to start to get this country back in order, but it will take some tough and wise dealings to get it done.

you thought that while collecting welfare checks, huh?

Washington Post: Farm Industry Is Being Forced to Replace Illegal Workforce | Breitbart

Oh boo hoo! Do as the one farm in the article did and partner with prisons and get these damn prisoners OUT of the prison and learning a damn skill! Its FREE LABOR! I worked on my grandfathers farm and never complained,I loved doing the work.

Fake news..once again. WaPo was not complaining, they were reporting on what is happening.

Frauds like you will be whining soon when they cost of your produce goes up

some perhaps but i see some video on even Celery being harvested by machines using water cutters at proper level And harvesting crops by mechanized action can be done by Americans .

Washington Post: Farm Industry Is Being Forced to Replace Illegal Workforce | Breitbart

Oh boo hoo! Do as the one farm in the article did and partner with prisons and get these damn prisoners OUT of the prison and learning a damn skill! Its FREE LABOR! I worked on my grandfathers farm and never complained,I loved doing the work.

Fake news..once again. WaPo was not complaining, they were reporting on what is happening.

-------------------------------- yeah , flood the country with foreign invaders to save a few pennies on a head a lettuce eh GGator .

-------------------------------- yeah , flood the country with foreign invaders to save a few pennies on a head a lettuce eh GGator .

That is what has been going on for decades, where the fuck have you been?

I read the article, sure seemed like whining to me.

That is what has been going on for decades, where the fuck have you been?
No, it rose to a level far beyond the picking of that head of lettuce. Where have you been ??

I am shocked that you, the partisan sheep, would see it that way. :21::21::21::21:

We just need to become tough and wise again, and we need to start to get this country back in order, but it will take some tough and wise dealings to get it done.
but it should not be free labor for the farmer, he should pay the STATE for the prison labor, so us tax payers are not subsidizing the Farm's profit....

we all pay a FORTUNE in taxes to house these prisoners, the state prison should be paid for their prisoner's working on a farm, to reduce our costs and taxes imo.

I am shocked that you, the partisan sheep, would see it that way. :21::21::21::21:

It was not a facts only article. It was slanted.

Read it, if you can’t identify the slant, there is no way you were smart enough to go to UF.

Nah they will do good work because they love getting outside and breathing fresh air instead of being cooped up inside all day.

but it should not be free labor for the farmer, he should pay the STATE for the prison labor, so us tax payers are not subsidizing the Farm's profit....

we all pay a FORTUNE in taxes to house these prisoners, the state prison should be paid for their prisoner's working on a farm, to reduce our costs and taxes imo.

OK I can agree with that. It does take money to feed and transport these prisoners so yes he should pay the state back....imagine how much work can get done AND money saved by using prisoners,not like we are gonna have a shortage of them!

Forum List

Back