WashPo complains farm industry is replacing illegals with Americans

Mechanized harvesting is cheaper than manual pickers and faster.
New Harvesting Technology Brings Mechanization To Vegetable Growers
Farmers don't even need to own the harvesting equipment. They contract the harvesting out. Produce prices should drop.

Your article is from almost 5 years ago and yet they are still using people for the most part...why is that if it is so much cheaper?
The farmers aren't using people. The liberal media is saying they use people.

Farmers don't even need to own the harvesting equipment. They contract the harvesting out. Produce prices should drop.

Your article is from almost 5 years ago and yet they are still using people for the most part...why is that if it is so much cheaper?

:21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

I live in an area with abundant farms and there are NO poor farmers like the media wants us to believe. You should see the air conditioned tractors they use now

As A(rtificial) I(ntelligence) continues to develop, so, too, will mechanical pickers become more efficient and practical.

The USDA will own a piece of SkyNet :cry:

I live in an area with abundant farms and there are NO poor farmers like the media wants us to believe. You should see the air conditioned tractors they use now
:21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

This is what Republicans think of farming and dairy:

Milking one teat at a time. How many men would you need to milk six hundred cows three times a day?

Tax-Man-Milking-Half-a-Cow--70482.jpg

How long does it take to do this entire field.

75.preview.jpg

Republicans believe these jobs are being lost.

So let's take a look at how cows are actually milked these days. Watch the video. How many men do you see working these cows? And let me tell you something. The newer models have robots that clean the teats, fasten the milking cups and drop off when finished. You don't even need people to attach the fixtures.

And Republicans scream they are protecting American jobs.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fb11be0ce-b7ed-11e6-ba85-95d1533d9a62

Rise of the machines: Fear robots, not China or Mexico

Ball State University professors found that between 2000 and 2010, about 87% of the manufacturing job losses stemmed from factories becoming more efficient. The chief driver of more efficiency in factories: automation and better technology. The other 13% of job losses were due to trade.

Why Republicans don't feel stupid for believing their jobs are being taken over by foreigners is a mystery to me. For some reason, Republicans refuse to go to school and refuse to learn.

Course, listen to this madman insisting he taught science for years.

How can people who believe the earth is only a few thousand years old learn? How can they learn?

No wonder they don't want to go to college. Because everyone will laugh at them as soon as they insist the earth is only a few thousand years old.

Washington Post: Farm Industry Is Being Forced to Replace Illegal Workforce | Breitbart

Oh boo hoo! Do as the one farm in the article did and partner with prisons and get these damn prisoners OUT of the prison and learning a damn skill! Its FREE LABOR! I worked on my grandfathers farm and never complained,I loved doing the work.

Fake news..once again. WaPo was not complaining, they were reporting on what is happening.

Frauds like you will be whining soon when they cost of your produce goes up

You don't support this?

This is what Republicans think of farming and dairy:

Milking one teat at a time. How many men would you need to milk six hundred cows three times a day?

Tax-Man-Milking-Half-a-Cow--70482.jpg

How long does it take to do this entire field.

75.preview.jpg

Republicans believe these jobs are being lost.

So let's take a look at how cows are actually milked these days. Watch the video. How many men do you see working these cows? And let me tell you something. The newer models have robots that clean the teats, fasten the milking cups and drop off when finished. You don't even need people to attach the fixtures.

And Republicans scream they are protecting American jobs.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fb11be0ce-b7ed-11e6-ba85-95d1533d9a62

Rise of the machines: Fear robots, not China or Mexico

Ball State University professors found that between 2000 and 2010, about 87% of the manufacturing job losses stemmed from factories becoming more efficient. The chief driver of more efficiency in factories: automation and better technology. The other 13% of job losses were due to trade.

Why Republicans don't feel stupid for believing their jobs are being taken over by foreigners is a mystery to me. For some reason, Republicans refuse to go to school and refuse to learn.

Course, listen to this madman insisting he taught science for years.

How can people who believe the earth is only a few thousand years old learn? How can they learn?

No wonder they don't want to go to college. Because everyone will laugh at them as soon as they insist the earth is only a few thousand years old.

It took more than 6000 years for us to figure out that the earth is over 6000 years old. Millenias of masterful mathematical derivation.

On the other hand, even the dumbest among the very first of us were able to figure out the difference between the genders. Had it not been so, the above mentioned fact would have never been discovered. It's untenable to teach a leftist.

Forum List

Back