Watching people ESPECIALLY FOX NEWS piss and moan about AI dead relatives is frustrating to no end.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

This is just an example of the video I keep seeing on all the news channels. Conservatives and Christians crying endlessly on the news and radio about virtual reality loved ones who have passed.
If you're one of them your whining is beyond stupid. While you look at photographs or old home video of a loved one who has passed you have the nerve to bitch about someone doing the EXACT SAME THING but with modern technology.

The hypocrisy is OFF THE CHARTS

This is just an example of the video I keep seeing on all the news channels. Conservatives and Christians crying endlessly on the news and radio about virtual reality loved ones who have passed.
If you're one of them your whining is beyond stupid. While you look at photographs or old home video of a loved one who has passed you have the nerve to bitch about someone doing the EXACT SAME THING but with modern technology.

Well now.

Pictures are of the actual person when he/she was alive. Same with video.

AI stuff is manufactured.

Big difference.

Okay I saw this yesterday on Fox but it was a different context. In this example it appears the deceases has recorded answers and AI simply decides which answer to play, not changing any words, etc. Which is still creepy IMO, but not like a total recreation.

no less the actual person than a picture or video.

Is that your retirement plan, hoping for the 2nd coming?

That is the mark of a true Christian--Luke 21:28 is just one verse that details this: "Look up! For your redemption is near."

This is one of the big things that changed for me when I was saved. Longing for Christ's return.

You either do or you do not.

• Banned
Well now.

Pictures are of the actual person when he/she was alive. Same with video.

AI stuff is manufactured.

Big difference.
Literally NO DIFFERENCE. The claim from the Christian is that it's against God to pretend a dead one is alive which is preposterous.
Conservatives seem to think it's just creepy.
I use VR all the time. Have 2 headsets and the technology is phenomenal. If I could visit my dead grandmother in vr that would be AMAZING

That is the mark of a true Christian--Luke 21:28 is just one verse that details this: "Look up! For your redemption is near."

This is one of the big things that changed for me when I was saved. Longing for Christ's return.

You either do or you do not.

Context is so important.

Worst thing man ever did to God's word was add chapter and verses.

25 “And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26 people fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

Literally NO DIFFERENCE. The claim from the Christian is that it's against God to pretend a dead one is alive which is preposterous.
I use VR all the time. Have 2 headsets and the technology is phenomenal. If I could visit my dead grandmother in vr that would be AMAZING

Well, you can do what you like. If you have no problem with it, I guess do it. I'm Christian and I never would. To each their own.

Context is so important.

Worst thing man ever did to God's word was add chapter and verses.

25 “And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26 people fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

What is the context? Yes, the end of the world will be terrible...and fantastic. REDEMPTION. Did you miss that?

As much as I hate to agree with the wingnuts, it is kind of creepy.

The context is that you are not being told to look forward to these things as you do.

Oh the Bible says not to look forward to Jesus' return?

John 14:1-3 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Titus 2:13 Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

2 Timothy 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.

But you’re not really visiting your dead grandmother. She is still dead, and still cannot speak with you.

As much as I hate to agree with the wingnuts, it is kind of creepy.
...and it will get creepier. When we get beyond canned answers...and have an AI access the entire digital body of work by the deceased, and give created answers to non-planned questions. Some people's digital footprint is huge, replete with a lot of data. decades of letters and on-line posts. Terabytes of video footage to mine for body language and facial expressions. Add recollections of loved ones and friends--stir briskly and Voila!
A personality overlay very difficult to distinguish from real..especially when you add in the AI self-learning and adjusting algorithms.
The more you interact with the AI persona, the more it reacts as you believe your loved one would. Now...build an android peripheral that looks like your loved one, acts like your loved one..and lives forever.

How big a leap from that...to uploading your persona prior to or immediately after death, using AI to reconstruct gaps?
What happens to religion when we make the afterlife obsolete?

A difference that makes no difference..is no difference~

...and it will get creepier. When we get beyond canned answers...and have an AI access the entire digital body of work by the deceased, and give created answers to non-planned questions. Some people's digital footprint is huge, replete with a lot of data. decades of letters and on-line posts. Terabytes of video footage to mine for body language and facial expressions. Add recollections of loved ones and friends--stir briskly and Voila!
A personality overlay very difficult to distinguish from real..especially when you add in the AI self-learning and adjusting algorithms.
The more you interact with the AI persona, the more it reacts as you believe your loved one would. Now...build an android peripheral that looks like your loved one, acts like your loved one..and lives forever.

How big a leap from that...to uploading your persona prior to or immediately after death, using AI to reconstruct gaps?
What happens to religion when we make the afterlife obsolete?

Holy shit, I just had an image of an AI based on my USMB posts... that would horrify my relatives.

Forum List

Back