Wave of corporations leaving US

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/b...porate-migrants-seeking-tax-shelter.html?_r=1

Fucking bastards. I hope the Trump administration gives them ALL 6 months to get their asses back here and hire Americans or the tariffs on their products will put them out of business ASAP
I have horrible news for you, hack.

Obama didn't establish the current corporate tax rate.

The 1994 Congress and Bill Clinton did.

Did you notice your link starts with a story from 2008? Bush and the Bush Congress never changed the corporate tax rate, either.

They must be thinking Bernie will get the Presidency. If Bernie gets the Presidency, it will be like a giant vacuum sucking all the corporations out of the country.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/b...porate-migrants-seeking-tax-shelter.html?_r=1

Fucking bastards. I hope the Trump administration gives them ALL 6 months to get their asses back here and hire Americans or the tariffs on their products will put them out of business ASAP
Yeah heaven forbid businesses pursue decisions which make the most business sense, far better that they all make STUPID business decisions in the name of patriotism lest they risk the wrath of the authoritarian miscreants in the federal government.

ON THE OTHER HAND

Maybe if the miscreants in Washington didn't work so hard at making the domestic business climate so hostile with regulation and taxation it wouldn't make so much business sense to pick up stakes and seek greener pastures elsewhere.

"Things that make you go hmmmm" -- C+C Music Factory

Keep taxing them and regulating them.....they'll keep moving out of the country. They are corporations and their responsibility is the bottom line

bumpersticker.jpg

Yeah heaven forbid businesses pursue decisions which make the most business sense, far better that they all make STUPID business decisions in the name of patriotism lest they risk the wrath of the authoritarian miscreants in the federal government.

ON THE OTHER HAND

Maybe if the miscreants in Washington didn't work so hard at making the domestic business climate so hostile with regulation and taxation it wouldn't make so much business sense to pick up stakes and seek greener pastures elsewhere.

Yep as usual blame the country and not the rich overpaid assholes doing their duty and paying taxes. Fuck off.

Keep taxing them and regulating them.....they'll keep moving out of the country. They are corporations and their responsibility is the bottom line
Wait till Trump becomes president. EVERYONE must pay taxes don't like it? Don't own a business. These companies are TRAITORS to the US and its citizens they have no problem sending their crap back here to make a profit but they aren't good enough to pay taxes on that profit here.

Its happening in the UK. Corporations run the world and not politicians who are generally not as bright.

Google just negotiated an effective 3% tax rate in the UK under a sweetheart deal with the tories. The rate for everyone else is 20%.
All governments need to come together to fight the corporations.

ON THE OTHER HAND

Yep as usual blame the country and not the rich overpaid assholes doing their duty and paying taxes. Fuck off.
As usual blame the businesses that provide all the things you need to survive and ignore the fact that the policies that so please the uniformed masses are driving their source of sustenance off shore.... here's a clue for you, when all the business are gone let me know how eating your bloated government works out, K? :rolleyes:

ON THE OTHER HAND

As usual blame the businesses that provide all the things you need to survive and ignore the fact that the policies that so please the uniformed masses are driving their source of sustenance off shore.... here's a clue for you, when all the business are gone let me know how eating your bloated government works out, K? :rolleyes:
Business should pay its share of the tax bill. They benefit from all the things that taxes provide.

They must be thinking Bernie will get the Presidency. If Bernie gets the Presidency, it will be like a giant vacuum sucking all the corporations out of the country.
Be a giant vacuum when their products aren't allowed back in unless a HUGE tariff is paid on them. :)

Well, we have a global economy now. That's what our politicians wanted. NAFTA and all that. Most of our shoes and clothing have long been manufactured overseas. I've even seen fruit and vegetables from Mexico on the shelves at my local Walmart. We are butt-deep in trade agreements. Those Nikes you have on your feet were made overseas. Are you going to put a huge tariff on Nikes and run the price for a pair of them even higher on the consumer?

moving businesses offshore is over a decade old, it's a little late to notice it now.

Liberal logic says to tax the corporations and businesses. Brilliant. Place more of a tax burden and government regulations on the hand that feeds you. They already pay their fair share of taxes are regulated beyond reason. It is business and corporations that employ people. Corporations provide an investment for their employees, the elderly, and other stockholders. Many elderly live off their stock investments. Many corporations offer a stock investment incentive for their own employees while paying them a decent wage to boot. It is the corporations, the businesses, and the successful individuals who are paying most of the taxes that provide for all the entitlement programs already in place in America.

Business should pay its share of the tax bill.
Define "its share"

They benefit from all the things that taxes provide.
Businesses don't pay taxes they just collect them, consumers (in the form of higher prices), employees (in the form of lower wages) and shareholders (in the form of lower returns) are the ones that pay them.

......and EVERYONE benefits from the output of businesses because through the act of voluntary exchange both parties receive something which is of greater value to them than the price paid (mutual profit) so just by being in business entrepreneurs return far greater value to society as a whole than does any government.

ON THE OTHER HAND

Yep, it's math. As long as the math tells them to go, they'll go. Simple as that.

That math can be changed in any one of a number of ways. Everybody knows this, including the corporations and politicians, who are busy jerking each other off to make sure that they both maximize profits.

Wait till Trump becomes president. EVERYONE must pay taxes don't like it? Don't own a business. These companies are TRAITORS to the US and its citizens they have no problem sending their crap back here to make a profit but they aren't good enough to pay taxes on that profit here.

Sorry but a corporation isn't bound to doing business in the USA, make regulations and taxing them more conducive to doing business here. Their responsibility is to the shareholders

Are you going to put a huge tariff on Nikes and run the price for a pair of them even higher on the consumer?

why not? if someone is foolish enough to buy them, pay the price.

BTW, i do not wear sneakers/tennis or similar, i wear real shoes outdoors and soft comfortable sheeps wool slippers indoors. :up:

Forum List

Back