"We are a nation of immigrants"

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3 of the US Constitution:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States.

This automatically denies the president the ability to grant citizenship. An executive order is not meant to override laws passed by Congress, or the Constitution itself. The Congressional body was created to act as a check on the President's executive power.

1) Explain to me how he has the 'prosecutorial discretion' to completely nullify the Constitution as he sees fit.

2) Explain to me why he can legalize 5 million illegal immigrants, while ignoring the 4 million other immigrants waiting in line to get in legally. Just how many years does it take for these people to get naturalized? How is this fair to them?

For those of you insisting on citing how Bush and Reagan 'circumvented Congress' to grant amnesty to illegals forget one thing. There were underlying pieces of legislation that allowed the president(s) grant amnesty to illegal immigrants.

In fact, in Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co. v. Sawyer 343 U.S. 579 (1952), Justice Robert Jackson laid down the legal test which assesses the ability of the President to issue an executive order. He wrote:

In determining whether the executive has authority, there are three general circumstances:

1. When the President acts pursuant to an express or implied authorization of Congress, the President’s authority is at its greatest.

2. When the President acts in the absence of either a congressional grant or denial of authority, he can only rely upon his own independent powers, but there is a zone in which he and Congress may have concurrent authority. When this is the case, the test depends on the imperatives of events and contemporary imponderables rather than on abstract theories of law.

3. When the President takes measures incompatible with the expressed or implied will of Congress, the authority of the President is at its lowest.

According to the Jackson Test, the EO then fell under the third criterion, as Truman was not allowed to use the war powers act to seize property. Obama isn't allowed to circumvent Congress to grant Amnesty, it's that simple.

Last edited:
He's historic.

He promised to fundamentally transform America, he never said it would be for the better

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States.

This automatically denies the president the ability to grant citizenship.

Guess it's good he's not doing that then.

Can I inquire if you were just being sarcastic there?

What is more important than the legality issue, is simply the issue of the HARM that is being done by allowing 5 million INVADERS of the USA, to get way with ignoring our laws and disrespecting us..

This is like saying that law (which is the bedrock of our society) no longer means anything. It's like telling any or all lawbreakers, they can go ahead with their lawbreaking (burglars, arsonists, rapists, car thieves, etc) And what of the illegal aliens in prison for EWI ? Should they now be released ? If so, then should other criminals having been imprisoned for other crimes also be released ? What does all this tell the children of America ? Are they to think the lunatic fringe notion that "crimes are made to be broken" ?

Can I inquire if you were just being sarcastic there?

Got to love how liberals assert themselves by seizing power, even moderator positions on message boards. USMB Progressive moderators are growing like weeds, might be time to leave soon.

It only took 2 weeks for republicans to turn back into the butthurt ones :rofl:

And it only took you 2 seconds to sound stupid. New record!

^ A clear example of poor republican math skills.

I'd rather suck at math than at reality, my friend.
well 2 for one deal.....you suck at both...And you are fat...

He isnt granting amnesty....Head you had a fucking clue about anything you would know this.

It only took 2 weeks for republicans to turn back into the butthurt ones :rofl:

And it only took you 2 seconds to sound stupid. New record!

^ A clear example of poor republican math skills.

I'd rather suck at math than at reality, my friend.
well 2 for one deal.....you suck at both...And you are fat...

He isnt granting amnesty....Head you had a fucking clue about anything you would know this.
Doesn't matter what kind of a name you put on it. Call it Pig's Feet for all I give a damn what you call it. Point is the invaders are HERE, and they need to be THERE (back where they came from).

Forum List

Back