We Are Not Governed By Christ, Y'all.

We may not be "governed" by Christ but many of us follow Christ and His word is paramount. I realize Obungles "THINKS" he is God but he's not

Which should the nation turn to for guidance....the Constitution or The Bible?
As a citizen of this country I look for guidance in the BIBLE.........................

If you are an Atheist perhaps you sacrifice a chicken on a make shift altar................

Countries are made up of people you dolt...............and most don't agree with Atheist's views...............

In this case, the flag shouldn't have been flown.............but it was only a problem to a small group of whining little bitches................Whether the flag there flew or not..............it doesn't change the price of rice in China..............

We've become a nation of I'M OFFENDED................If you OFFEND ME I'LL SUE..................which shows just how far down the drain we have come..............Can't offend anyone...............even if the OFFENDED regularily offend others...................

If you are Offended by the duality of this post.......................Then Sue me...............it's the American way.
Talk about ignorance? The 1st guarantees our freedom OF religion not freedom FROM.
At least you're consistent at being ignorant and wrong.

The Establishment Clause of the First Amendment prohibits government endorsement of religion, which in fact safeguards the right of citizens to be free from religion, to not be compelled by the state to follow a particular faith, prohibiting government from seeking to codify religious dogma into secular law.

The city government displaying a 'Christian flag' was clearly a potential violation of the Establishment Clause, and officials were wise to remove the 'flag' in accordance with the Framers' mandate that church and state remain separate.

Who cares? If you don't like it don't look at it. You fools just want something to whine about, miserable jackasses
Those who respect the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law care.

Those who correctly understand the propensity of many theists to seek to codify religious dogma into secular law care.

And those who wish to safeguard the religious liberties of all Americans care, to prohibit government from unwarranted intrusion into religious practice, and prohibiting government from compelling religious conformity.
This Judeo/Christian government has never compelled religious conformity. It is you atheists who are compelling conformity to your secular religion.
Those injuns you whites subjugated allowed them to carry on as they always had?

Not until 1977.

Several nutters have mentioned that they think America is a nation of Christians and Jews. That's funny.

Many of our USMB Christians would be happy to send every Jew to Israel.

How about keeping a christian flag off of City Hall? That's it. Easy peasy.
I don't think it's any of your business to be deciding what is or is not a "christian flag".

So piss off.

Is it in the public sphere? It is my business. Don't like it? Don't let the border hit your ass on the way out of the country. This right here is the United States of America and the First Amendment means something.
Where does the 1st amendment say that you or anyone else has the purview to decide what is or is not religious?

The Establishment clause was incorporated in 1947. The Free exercise clause was incorporated in 1940.

Just like that. Cool, huh?
That's ridiculous.

The Constitution is the highest law of the land. Don't like it? Move.

abhor.jpg

Well the I hate Jesus crowd is posting another I Hate Jesus thread. They must be running away from their guilty conscience for rejecting God.

They tell us to keep our religion to ourselves. I say how about you keeping your hatred of God to yourself?

How about keeping a Christian flag off of City Hall? That's it. Easy peasy.
What is it about the country's dominant religion that offends you to the point of spewing poisonous vitriol?
You libs freely support Islam. Yet you throw flames of hatred toward Christianity and Judaism. Why is that?
I find it interesting how you lefties run around screeching about "your rights" while using those rights to usurp and smother the very same rights of others with whom you disagree..
Now, answer to THAT.

Who is spewing what? The whole rational behind the Establishment and Free Exercise clauses comes from our history. Bloody Mary? Elizabeth 1? Any of this ring a bell? Beheadings? Burning at the stake? Incarceration? Three people on the corner? No guns? No? You keep saying that it's the dominant religion but you will quickly change your mind if you had a theocracy under a Mormon or Jehovah Witness or do you think you get cookies because well, you have the same God? I don't support Islam.

Keep the shit out of the public sphere and we are all good. It really is that simple.

Umm
Mormon and Jehovah Witness are Christian.
There are many types of Christian denominations here in America.
No one wants a theocracy here in America and flying a Christian Flag for a short amount of time on any government property is not establishing a religion.
This has been so distorted and anti Christian that it has become a disgrace.

Would you support banning Christmas? It is very much in the public sphere.

Well the I hate Jesus crowd is posting another I Hate Jesus thread. They must be running away from their guilty conscience for rejecting God.

They tell us to keep our religion to ourselves. I say how about you keeping your hatred of God to yourself?

How about keeping a Christian flag off of City Hall? That's it. Easy peasy.
What is it about the country's dominant religion that offends you to the point of spewing poisonous vitriol?
You libs freely support Islam. Yet you throw flames of hatred toward Christianity and Judaism. Why is that?
I find it interesting how you lefties run around screeching about "your rights" while using those rights to usurp and smother the very same rights of others with whom you disagree..
Now, answer to THAT.

Who is spewing what? The whole rational behind the Establishment and Free Exercise clauses comes from our history. Bloody Mary? Elizabeth 1? Any of this ring a bell? Beheadings? Burning at the stake? Incarceration? Three people on the corner? No guns? No? You keep saying that it's the dominant religion but you will quickly change your mind if you had a theocracy under a Mormon or Jehovah Witness or do you think you get cookies because well, you have the same God? I don't support Islam.

Keep the shit out of the public sphere and we are all good. It really is that simple.

Umm
Mormon and Jehovah Witness are Christian.
There are many types of Christian denominations here in America.
No one wants a theocracy here in America and flying a Christian Flag for a short amount of time on any government property is not establishing a religion.
This has been so distorted and anti Christian that it has become a disgrace.

Would you support banning Christmas? It is very much in the public sphere.

If I thought you'd answer honestly, I could ask a simple question that would blow your bullshit right out of the water.

Nasty for such a nice Sunday Morning.
I stated a fact that you will not admit honestly.

What? I need to admit something? I wasn't aware of that.

Would you like to answer a simple question honestly?

Not when you insult me saying my honest opinions are bullshit.
You have no respect for conservative opinions.

He/she has a clown as an avatar...that's all you need to know. Not a one of them with a clown avatar can carry water

I think both of you have an aversion to answering a simple question honestly......when you don't know what the question is.

That's not surprising.

The offer stands.

He/she has a clown as an avatar...that's all you need to know. Not a one of them with a clown avatar can carry water
They can carry water...........they just don't understand why the water keeps leaking out.

23292115-water-is-coming-out-of-a-bucket-with-holes.jpg

I think both of you have an aversion to answering a simple question honestly......when you don't know what the question is.

That's not surprising.

The offer stands.

None of us want to play with your insulting word games.

Awwww! I insulted you? I am so, so sorry!

No games, though. Just a simple question that will give you an opportunity to be honest and....in the process.....make your comments in this thread seem like a pile of dog poop.

Are you in?

That's not surprising.

The offer stands.

None of us want to play with your insulting word games.

Awwww! I insulted you? I am so, so sorry!

No games, though. Just a simple question that will give you an opportunity to be honest and....in the process.....make your comments in this thread seem like a pile of dog poop.

Are you in?

You just did your word game.
I said you are insulting not that I was.

Do you know how much of our Constitution is based on the Bible?

We are founded on Natural Law that forbids our government from prohibiting.

Nothing. Nothing in our constitution is based on the bible.

You are a bit nutty,aren't you?

Talk abut ignorant - but that is because it has not been taught in our education system for many years because of secularists who are anti-Christian.
The Bible and Government - Faith Facts
American's Founding Fathers achieved a solid balance between church and state, one consistent with biblical concepts.

Nope. You can find all sorts of bullshit on the internet. The US Constitution has nothing in common with your bible.

Sorry but that was taught way before we ever had an Internet.
It was taught in our schools right after we became a Nation up until an atheist got God out of our schools in the 1960's.
Ignorant nonsense.

No one 'got god out of our schools,' the notion is a ridiculous lie.

Theists remain at liberty to practice their faith in public schools, to read their bibles, to pray their deities, and to adhere to the tenets of their faith.

In accordance with the Constitution and the original intent of the Framers, however, schools, as entities of the state, may not endorse, promote, or prohibit religious expression in the context of official school policy:

“It has been argued that to apply the Constitution in such a way as to prohibit state laws respecting an establishment of religious services in public schools is to indicate a hostility toward religion or toward prayer. Nothing, of course, could be more wrong.

[...]

It is neither sacrilegious nor anti-religious to say that each separate government in this country should stay out of the business of writing or sanctioning official prayers and leave that purely religious function to the people themselves and to those the people choose to look to for religious guidance.”

Engel v. Vitale US Law LII Legal Information Institute

Right after Engle v. Vitale came the Supreme Court ruling of Madalyn Murray O'Hair
O'Hair is best known for the Murray v. Curlett lawsuit, which led to a landmark Supreme Court ruling ending official Bible-reading in American public schools in 1963. This came just one year after the Supreme Court prohibited officially sponsored prayer in schools in Engel v. Vitale\
Madalyn Murray O Hair - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
I don't think it's any of your business to be deciding what is or is not a "christian flag".

So piss off.

Is it in the public sphere? It is my business. Don't like it? Don't let the border hit your ass on the way out of the country. This right here is the United States of America and the First Amendment means something.
Where does the 1st amendment say that you or anyone else has the purview to decide what is or is not religious?

The Establishment clause was incorporated in 1947. The Free exercise clause was incorporated in 1940.

Just like that. Cool, huh?
That's ridiculous.

The Constitution is the highest law of the land. Don't like it? Move.
You libs have no right using the US Constitution to support your arguments as you view this document as a mere roadblock to your agenda.
Another example of left wing hypocrisy.

How about keeping a christian flag off of City Hall? That's it. Easy peasy.
Now, answer to THAT.

No one is wishing for a government backed theocracy. That is not what the freedom of religion movement is about.
The issue here is freedom.
Too often we see decades of tradition being turned on its head by one loudmouth who feels "offended" and runs to the ACLU crying like a two year old enduring a tantrum.
And here we go. The ACLU shows up with an army of lawyers whose only goal is to place another "we what we did" notch in their belt. More often then not the ACLU targets smaller communities unable to fund a legal defense against the ACLU which offers their services pro bono.
Once the decisions are adjudicated, the ACLU attorneys are of to the next liberal cause while the community is left to pick up the pieces.
I am waiting for the day when a community just flips the bird to the ruling. Sort of like how our current POTUS operates.
In fact, there is a small town doing just that.
Great Falls, SC a small tightly knit community of mainly church going people was sued...SUED by this woman who NEVER attended a town council meeting until her daughter got into trouble in school. The woman claimed to be of the Wiccan religion. She lost her battle with the town. Well, she sought the help of....wait for it.....The ACLU. She got them to file a suit over their opening prayer. And why did she do this....She claimed she was....wait for it.....Offended and felt harmed....The ACLU swooped in. The town was powerless to fight due to lack of funding. Of course the ACLU as always filed a suit in a court where the judges were more likely to be liberal( Columbia)...Judge shopping, they call it.
Great Falls lost the case. Guess what? Great Falls is STILL opening their meetings with a prayer. The old Wyoming salute.....Good.
So per your comment about the public square.....What's next? Churches can't erect signs adjacent to public rights of way that indicate that the building is a church? The Church bazaar sign is now banned because it may offend some whiny little bitch?
Oh, the village Christmas tree? Burn it down?
You people have pushed way too far and now the backslash is in full force.
Deal with it.

Libs are impervious to facts. :)

Forum List

Back