We invaded Afghanistan and Iraq to destroy terrorists training grounds

In view of recent events, one feels compelled to ask:

How did that work out for ya, baby Bush supporters?

The more pertinent question would be "How did obama abandoning that just when it was finally resulting in a stable peace work out for ya, obama nuthuggers?" Was that ten minute press release worth it, fools?

And again, Invading Afghanistan and Iraq made the world safer, how?

The more pertinent question would be "How did obama abandoning that just when it was finally resulting in a stable peace work out for ya, obama nuthuggers?" Was that ten minute press release worth it, fools?

Are you younger than ten years old?

I'll put you down as having answered, "I don't know".

Wrong again, kid.

Yea, Bush told Chirac that the invasion would hasten the apocalypse. Hasn't happened yet. No wonder Poppy is expressing his disappointment in Bush, Jr.

Wrong again, kid.

Ok, I'll put you down as "inscrutable". (BTW, thanks for calling me "kid". Being 71, nobody has carded me for a while.)

Look, Unk. I have read your posts for a year or so, and I know when you are retreating from the subject matter. The truth is that you can not answer the question, "How has invading Afghanistan and Iraq made us safer? In fact, "How has invading Afghanistan and iraq made the world a safer place?"

Wrong again, kid.

Ok, I'll put you down as "inscrutable". (BTW, thanks for calling me "kid". Being 71, nobody has carded me for a while.)

Look, Unk. I have read your posts for a year or so, and I know when you are retreating from the subject matter. The truth is that you can not answer the question, "How has invading Afghanistan and Iraq made us safer? In fact, "How has invading Afghanistan and iraq made the world a safer place?"
Invading Iraq and Afghanistan was like hitting a hornet's nest.

ISIS is solely because Obama's nonsense about the Arab Spring, setting an arbitrary withdrawl timetable from Iraq, and not stopping Malaki from oppressing the Iraqi Sunnis.Bush can be blamed for a lot of things, but ISIS is solely at Obama's feet.

Bush greatly underestimated the latent conflicts and instability that would surface with Hussein's removal. He also failed to leave a stable Iraqi government in place. He also created a status of forces agreement that lead to our 2011 withdraw of combat forces - (not an arbitrary date).

Either freedom is on the march and you give the newly created Iraqi government freedom/self-destiny - or you admit you were lying about the whole "freedom is on the march" bullshit, and you occupy their nation for the foreseeable future.

The surge - as it turns out - did not win the war. It did not lead to lasting stability and peace in the region as promised. It was just another version of "Mission Accomplished" - temporary bullshit to be spun for political gain. The option Bush gave Obama was the same option the Soviets had in Afghanistan - which was to be sucked into a terminal conflict in a failed state without the possibility of stable, political outcome, that is, the option was for an endless and bankrupting occupation of a Muslim nation.

Bush promised that glorious freedom would rise up once Hussein was removed. He acted like the only thing standing in the way of a free and stable Iraq was Hussein. He sold us bullshit and we bought it. He handed a fucking mess to Obama.

What he did to the region will swallow a lot more than the Obama presidency.

Wrong again, kid.

Look, Unk. I have read your posts for a year or so, and I know when you are retreating from the subject matter. The truth is that you can not answer the question,......

That is, of course, bullshit. At your age you should know better than to try and push such illogic.

Unk, you have come to the table with nothing. No logic, no facts, no reasoning, no arguments. Nothing but insults. You are dismissed.

You mean when obama pulled out the troops...before the countries were ready.....obama's decision hasn't worked out well at all........

Forum List

Back