We must eliminate hate crime laws

We have many crimes where we use evidence to determine intent. The same goes for hate crimes. Evidence will determine intent just like intent is determined in many other crimes.
Again...intent is action. It is not thought. If I think about killing you - do I have intent? No. If I attempt to kill you, do I have intent? Yes.

Because if they only bashed me because I'm white, which I'm not, the next guy who wants to bash someone just because they're white will have to think twice because of the extra punishment.
Dude...murder comes with the possibility of capital punishment. If that doesn't deter someone because of their hate, do you really believe your silly "extra punishment" will?!? :cuckoo:
Murder is not the only type of hate crime. Fuck you're dumb.
Well since I just owned you progressives on that one - give me an example junior. Give me another example other than murder that we can discuss. You pick it.

We have many crimes where we use evidence to determine intent. The same goes for hate crimes. Evidence will determine intent just like intent is determined in many other crimes.
Yeah...because intent is an action. But "Hate Crime" laws exist on thought / state of mind, not action.

Because if they only bashed me because I'm white, which I'm not, the next guy who wants to bash someone just because they're white will have to think twice because of the extra punishment.
Dude...murder comes with the possibility of capital punishment. If that doesn't deter someone because of their hate, do you really believe your silly "extra punishment" will?!? :cuckoo:
Well since I just owned you progressives on that one - give me an example junior. Give me another example other than murder that we can discuss. You pick it.

He's sour now. Lol.

A guy burning down a Muslim owned restaurant, after years of posts on social media about how Muslims are a danger to the country.

There let's discuss that.

And btw P@triot you probably shouldn't commit any crimes against minorities for a while since your posts are readily available on here.

A guy burning down a Muslim owned restaurant, after years of posts on social media about how Muslims are a danger to the country.

And btw P@triot you probably shouldn't commit any crimes against minorities for a while since your posts are readily available on here.

That's already a crime.

Well for starters, I don't commit any crimes at all. I'm a law abiding citizen genius.
Are you brown? If so that doesn't mean anything in Trump's new Amerika.

Ok. And hypothetically speaking - what should the sentence be for that crime for the purposes of this discussion and then what additional sentence should there be for the "hate crime" on top of that? You don't have to have something realistic here. We just need numbers so we have something for the sake of the discussion.

Your answer makes my point.
Intent is the difference. But how do you really know the intent.The post says you cannot tell intent because you do not know what is going on in one's head so you must just look at the crime.

I fail to see your point here.

If I intend to kill somebody because they cut me off on the highway, or if I intend to kill somebody because they are gay. What difference does the intent make?

I used anger (hate) either way to satisfy my compulsion. Either way, I took out my anger on somebody for whatever reason, and because of that, such reaction should be treated the same by our criminal justice system. After all, if somebody kills a member of your family because they thought such person was ugly, or if they didn't like their race, what difference does that make when dealing out punishment? Both murders should be treated the same.

It'll happen. Hell depending on how many SC judges Trump is able to nominate, segregation may even be back on the table for you guys. Congratulations.
Why would you want a system in which the government can decide what was in your mind for you and for the people judging you?!? :uhh:
So..intent out the window now?
Intent isn't the issue. "Hate Crimes" have nothing to do with "intent". Intent goes to action (ie your intended actions). "Hate Crime" goes to state of mind. Who could possibly know your state of mind? :dunno:

If I attempt to kill you but fail, I'm brought up on attempted murder charges because my actions intended to kill you. But if I think about killing you, can I be brought up on charges? Can I?

Despite the left's best efforts otherwise, we are still allowed to think freely in this country and you cannot prosecute me for thoughts.
intent is based on your thoughts at the time of the incident.
please!

That's already a crime.
And also a hate crime. Jesus Christ ChrisL. You're dumber and dumber with every post.

Well for starters, I don't commit any crimes at all. I'm a law abiding citizen genius.

Yeah somehow I doubt that.
I know it's hard for you progressive criminals to believe, but I don't. I've never even tried pot. Not ONE time. Not even when I was young. Never even held a cigarette, much less smoked one, so it's safe to say I've never held a drug much less done one. I am a law abiding citizen you nitwit. Any traffic law I violated was accidental. I obey the law.

That's already a crime.
And also a hate crime. Jesus Christ ChrisL. You're dumber and dumber with every post.

The victims of crime are no less effected by it because of motive of the perp. PERIOD.

Yeah somehow I doubt that.
I know it's hard for you progressive criminals to believe, but I don't. I've never even tried pot. Not ONE time. Not even when I was young. Never even held a cigarette, much less smoked one, so it's safe to say I've never held a drug much less done one. I am a law abiding citizen you nitwit. Any traffic law I violated was accidental. I obey the law.

Sounds like you're full of shit and are in overtly defensive mode to protect yourself. Protect yourself from what though? jesus christ...

Intent isn't the issue. "Hate Crimes" have nothing to do with "intent". Intent goes to action (ie your intended actions). "Hate Crime" goes to state of mind. Who could possibly know your state of mind? :dunno:

If I attempt to kill you but fail, I'm brought up on attempted murder charges because my actions intended to kill you. But if I think about killing you, can I be brought up on charges? Can I?

Despite the left's best efforts otherwise, we are still allowed to think freely in this country and you cannot prosecute me for thoughts.
intent is based on your thoughts at the time of the incident.
please!
So you're telling me that if I sit here every day thinking that I want to kill you, I've committed a crime? Oh please say something that stupid. Intent is action nitwit. It is not thought.

Forum List

Back