We must restore constitutional government

And as for #6 in your list. Will this be any law or ruling? For example, will the states be able to overrule the SCOTUS ruling concerning same sex marriage?
Yes. The states will be able to overrule the Supreme Court. That's the idea. The federal government simply doesn't have jurisdiction over marriage and have no authority to push that on the states. The states want their power back.

And the same sex marriage ruling was based on the US Constitution.
No it wasn't. At all. Show me in the Constitution where it grants the federal government the power over marriage. The federal government was delegated 18 enumerated powers by the states and marriage was not one of them.

The progressives got enough people out to elect a democrat president. In fact, they have done that in 4 of the last 6 presidential elections.
Well that is quite a trick considering Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush were all Republicans. Three of the last five presidents were Republicans. So how does your math come up with four of the past six presidents were Democrats? :confused:

And you don't think, given the propaganda machine we see, that there is a possibility that the 2nd Amendment would be removed?
This addresses your concern about the 2nd Amendment:

PAT: So what do you say, Mark, to the people who say, “Well, what about a runaway convention? How do you safeguard against that?” Everybody is afraid they’re going to open up the Second Amendment and change that and take that away and all of that. How do you — how do you respond to that?

MARK: Sure. Well, let me start at the backside, which is the ultimate safeguard the Founders put in. It takes 38 states, or three-quarters of states, to ratify anything that comes out of convention. That’s a super high bar. Right? Super, super majority. So when you put the math on its head, what it means is that it takes only 13 states to stop anything that those of us sitting here wouldn’t like. So I want you to think about that: One of the things I hear all the time from people who are against this — and it is a small minority, but a vocal minority of people against this.

PAT: They really are.

MARK: They say, “We’re going to lose our Second Amendment. They’re going to take away our guns in this convention.” So I want you to imagine this: Thirteen states can stop anything that comes out of convention. That means, in our case, the 13 most conservative states. So here’s what you have to believe if you believe in this runaway with a stuff. You have to believe Texas, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, the Carolinas, Florida, Nebraska, the Dakotas, they’re going to vote to take away your guns. You have to believe that. I’ve been in 40 states in the last two years, most of them in the state legislatures —

PAT: They’re not going to.

MARK: — those people are not going to vote for anything that would limit your liberty. So the threshold is so high, it is impossible to pass anything that would limit —

GLENN: So there’s two really high thresholds. Thirty-four states need to say, yes, we’ll go. And then — then they hash whatever it is out. Then it goes back, and 38 states have to say, “Yes, we’re going to do that.”

MARK: That’s correct.

GLENN: Holy cow.

MARK: Meaning it takes a mass majority of public opinion to get something out of convention and then to the states and then ratified. And, remember, the way ratification works is important. I spent a lot of time in state legislatures. The things that they’re very best at is doing nothing. They’re experts at nothing.

In a nutshell WinterBorn, if that many people truly want to repeal the 2nd Amendment, it's going to happen no matter what. They will have voted so many anti-gun progressives to Washington and stacked the Supreme Court with so many progressive political activists that your guns will be long gone well before we get to this point. So they'll be gone either way.

#NeverTrump #NeverHillary #NeverMind: A Convention of States Is the Answer

The progressives got enough people out to elect a democrat president. In fact, they have done that in 4 of the last 6 presidential elections.
Well that is quite a trick considering Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush were all Republicans. Three of the last five presidents were Republicans. So how does your math come up with four of the past six presidents were Democrats? :confused:

I didn't say 4 of the last 6 presidents were democrats.

And as for #6 in your list. Will this be any law or ruling? For example, will the states be able to overrule the SCOTUS ruling concerning same sex marriage?
Yes. The states will be able to overrule the Supreme Court. That's the idea. The federal government simply doesn't have jurisdiction over marriage and have no authority to push that on the states. The states want their power back.

The SCOTUS did not rule on marriage, per se. They ruled that excluding same sex couples was a violation of the 14th amendment. In other words, a constitutional right to equal treatment.

That's exactly what you said...

Try again.

The SCOTUS did not rule on marriage, per se. They ruled that excluding same sex couples was a violation of the 14th amendment. In other words, a constitutional right to equal treatment.
But homosexuals were never denied any right. They could vote. They could carry a firearm. They could practice their religion. Hell, they were even allowed to marry. A homosexual man could marry any woman he wanted and a homosexual woman could marry any man she wanted.

That's not what the Supreme Court did at all. What they did was force all 50 states to accept homosexual marriage and they simply do not have that power.

Try again.
No need. It's there for everyone to see.

Try again.

Ok, what I said was "In fact, they have done that in 4 of the last 6 presidential ELECTIONS". That is certainly not say 4 of the last 6 presidents. And my statement is accurate.

Let me make it simpler.
The last 6 Presidential elections:
1) 1992 - Democrat elected
2) 1996 - Democrat elected
3) 2000 - Republican elected
4) 2004 - Republican elected
5) 2008 - Democrat elected
6) 2012 - Democrat elected

Next time read ALL the words before going off.

But homosexuals were never denied any right. They could vote. They could carry a firearm. They could practice their religion. Hell, they were even allowed to marry. A homosexual man could marry any woman he wanted and a homosexual woman could marry any man she wanted.

That's not what the Supreme Court did at all. What they did was force all 50 states to accept homosexual marriage and they simply do not have that power.

They forced them to remove the bans on same sex marriage. It is exactly what they are tasked with doing. They rule on the constitutionality of laws. Just like they struck down the anti-sodium laws.

Try again.

Ok, what I said was "In fact, they have done that in 4 of the last 6 presidential ELECTIONS". That is certainly not say 4 of the last 6 presidents. And my statement is accurate.

Let me make it simpler.

I didn't "go off". You're just cherry picking statistics. If you want to go that way, then conservatives have dominated the political landscape - winning 5 of the last 9 (Reagan 2x, Bush 1x, Bush 2x). You conveniently choose to stop at Clinton. How about 12 straight years of Reagan and H.W. Bush?

They forced them to remove the bans on same sex marriage. It is exactly what they are tasked with doing. They rule on the constitutionality of laws. Just like they struck down the anti-sodium laws.
No it's not. They created law from the bench (which is 100% illegal). You know it. I know it. Progressives know it. There were no "bans" on gay marriage (and even if there had been, that is for the states decide - the federal government has no jurisdiction over that).

Try again.

Let me make it simpler.

I didn't "go off". You're just cherry picking statistics. If you want to go that way, then conservatives have dominated the political landscape - winning 5 of the last 9 (Reagan 2x, Bush 1x, Bush 2x). You conveniently choose to stop at Clinton. How about 12 straight years of Reagan and H.W. Bush?

Because my point was a rebuttal of your claim that liberals will not come out for the Convention. Do I pointed out that they are capable of turning out to win elections, so dismissing them is ridiculous.

But at least you finally read what I actually posted, instead of what you wanted to see.

Forum List

Back