🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

We Need Knife Control.

Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

start there, then consider that they all may not have thee sig as not everyone would be ft for "military" service, and that in some places they keep all the guns in depots. still, two mass shootings in a year, and in a country that highly regulates fire arms. The fact that you are still looking at items proves that you have no ability to think for your self. That or you are to lazy to do it. Our issue is not guns, or there availability, its people . Yet again, we have another instance of a person with documented mental issues allowed to run free and harm people. But, according to you, it doesn't matter as they were only stabbed so it doesn't count.

2011 report sheds light on Dylan Quick's past | khou.com Houston

The Equusearch report from 2011 also stated that Quick’s mother reported he had a "mental breakdown" and contacted his parents to come get him at the college. It also mentioned that his mother was “trying to find mental help for him."

So, when you said every residence is required to have the rifle you posted a picture of, you were lying?

Five stabbed in Houston mass stabbing. Knives are to easily acquired by mentally ill. We need a system of expanded background checks, and sever limitations on who can and can not sell them. This is by far the most prolific weapon used to inflict harm on the innocent. Something must be done.

We need crime control...

In time, our Sun will burn out.

I have an 1883 Springfield "Trapdoor" that's like brand new. Get serious with your dreaming, Candy

Every time you bring up one of these "I've got one of these" or "There are muskets from the Mayflower that still work"...it just re-enforces how rare a species these things are.

You sound more and more defeated every day. It's because you are.

They are rare because they were replaced with better technology, so people took the old guns and melted them down. Also, they are rare because there really were not that many of them in the first place. At the height of it's power the British Empire probably had less than 1 million muskets, there are well over 200 million guns in private hands in the US, and millions more in the hands of the government. Given that there are still hundreds, if not thousands, of muskets left 200 years after they were obsolete, how long do you think it will take before all the guns in existence will disappear if we simply stop making them? 1000 years? 5000?

Well, for one thing, The "all guns in existence" is nowhere near what I was stating would happen. The goal is to make the weapons that are now cheap and readily available harder to get. Fortunately or unfortunately in our capitalist society (depending on where you are in this debate), availability goes hand in glove with money. Further allowing (or exacerbating depending on your viewpoint) for 2013 America, the government consistently favors/retards growth by taxation in one form or another. The courts have held that this is legal. It is the only pathway to take toward making the "cheap and readily available" harder to come by.

Another alternative would be to place more emphasis on physical examinations by medical professionals and have the results decide on whether you "qualify". I, for one, don't want to go there really except in the cases to where the fitness of the individual has already been determined or there is other reason to suspect the intent of the firearms purchaser. Again, I'm hesitant to make a Rorschach test a hurdle toward being able to maintain your rights or have them taken from you....what's next...one for journalists...bloggers?

Anyway, if you stem the demand through raising prices, the manufacturing dries up. Once it dries up, you begin to experience scarcity. As said, it will take decades but there will be an effect sooner or later.

I'm open to other ideas but interdiction based on a shrink's opinion and making that mandatory seems to be extreme to me.

In time, our Sun will burn out.

I have an 1883 Springfield "Trapdoor" that's like brand new. Get serious with your dreaming, Candy

Every time you bring up one of these "I've got one of these" or "There are muskets from the Mayflower that still work"...it just re-enforces how rare a species these things are.

If you think you've defeated me and it helps you sleep at night....go ahead .
Afterall, I just want you to feel good about yourself. :eusa_whistle:

Guns aren't like cigs....they don't wear out easily or grow stale. We have approx. 270,000,000 guns in America....chew on that for awhile, Candy.

And what? Lets say you own 10 guns. If someone you never met wants to buy one "no questions asked" you're going to sell it?

BTW..I sleep fine at night and nothing that happens on this board has any bearing on that....you seem obsessed with my sleep habits.

Guns aren't like cigs....they don't wear out easily or grow stale. We have approx. 270,000,000 guns in America....chew on that for awhile, Candy.

And what? Lets say you own 10 guns. If someone you never met wants to buy one "no questions asked" you're going to sell it?

BTW..I sleep fine at night and nothing that happens on this board has any bearing on that....you seem obsessed with my sleep habits.

:lol: You seem to self proclaim your victory over me. The only reason I could come up with is that it makes you sleep good at night without the Ambien.

The 270 million guns are the legal guns....only, not the black market guns.
Remember...my premis all along has been that a criminal will always be able to obtain a gun. You think you can create a scenario that will do away with guns......that's known as a pie-in-the-sky scenario. Incredibly unlikely

So if Dick's Sporting goods is being undercut by Guido in the parking lot...why do people go to Dick's?
An excellent question - whch, of course, illustrates why background checks are ineffective.
Which illustrates why we need to be much more stringent in these background checks.
The more stringent you make them the more impossible they are to enforce - all of which goes to illustrate the fallacy of passing laws inmtended to prevent people from breaking the law.
:dunno:

Nice dodge of the question by the way. Something else you've gotten very good at with practice.
There was no dodge. People go to Dick's when they want overpriced new guns. Why they do this is beyond me.

..., the government consistently favors/retards growth by taxation in one form or another. The courts have held that this is legal
You cannot show a single instance where the courts have uphend the power to tax the exercise of a right with the intent to regulate said exercise.
As soon as some state decides to place a $15k tax on abortion, you'll squeal.

:lol: You seem to self proclaim your victory over me. The only reason I could come up with is that it makes you sleep good at night without the Ambien.
The 270 million guns are the legal guns..
And, if these guns are rendered unserviceable at a rate of 1 million per year...
I have a 100-yr ofls demi-auto 22 that works every bit as well as it did in the day it came home from the store; the idea ppresented here regarding the timely 'wearing out' of guns is absurd on its face.

you do know OP threads like these are just imature. right? your ok with the evey day body count with handguns? just as long as you can keep your flashy little toy with no restrictions, that goes bang bang {wouldnt doubt you get a hard on from it}.. you dont give a shit how many people die every day..

you do know OP threads like these are just imature. right? your ok with the evey day body count with handguns? just as long as you can keep your flashy little toy with no restrictions, that goes bang bang {wouldnt doubt you get a hard on from it}.. you dont give a shit how many people die every day..

This post has failure on it/in it on so many levels.
Please try and make a debate on what has been posted, not something that hasn't been posted. Your post is the lamest one so far in this thread. carry on.....

Neither do you, except as a means to push your anti-gun agenda.
To the anti-gun loon, more dead people = good news.

The 270 million guns are the legal guns....only, not the black market guns.
Remember...my premis all along has been that a criminal will always be able to obtain a gun. You think you can create a scenario that will do away with guns......that's known as a pie-in-the-sky scenario. Incredibly unlikely

Nonsense...Show me where I EVER said such a thing. If I were in favor of such a thing, there are much more effective tools than something I said would take decades.

Care to comment on the blue section above?

An excellent question - whch, of course, illustrates why background checks are ineffective.
Which illustrates why we need to be much more stringent in these background checks.
The more stringent you make them the more impossible they are to enforce - all of which goes to illustrate the fallacy of passing laws inmtended to prevent people from breaking the law.
:dunno:

Nice dodge of the question by the way. Something else you've gotten very good at with practice.
There was no dodge. People go to Dick's when they want overpriced new guns. Why they do this is beyond me.

So passing a law--any law--is useless using your "logic". Call us when you get back on the rails provided you can find them...ever again.

As for Dicks...yeah apparently the black market has all any criminal will ever need at rock bottom prices, it's totally accessible...and everyone knows "a guy" so we should just do nothing to ever try to stop a guy from walking into Applebee's and murdering everyone....it's hopeless. Or grease anyone who looks at us sideways...before they grease us. Right?

Hey if you guys want to deal only in extremes... I guess I should do the same thing.

And, if these guns are rendered unserviceable at a rate of 1 million per year...
I have a 100-yr ofls demi-auto 22 that works every bit as well as it did in the day it came home from the store; the idea ppresented here regarding the timely 'wearing out' of guns is absurd on its face.

Eventually. The overwhelming majority of guns will stay right where they are now...in the hands of responsible gun owners. I doubt these people will sell their weapons to "a guy" no questions asked.

It's a speed bump...Never said it was the cure-all but eventually it will work

Eventually. The overwhelming majority of guns will stay right where they are now...in the hands of responsible gun owners. I doubt these people will sell their weapons to "a guy" no questions asked.

It's a speed bump...Never said it was the cure-all but eventually it will work

we already have background checks, what was done with gun ownership in Germany in the 1930s?

Five stabbed in Houston mass stabbing. Knives are to easily acquired by mentally ill. We need a system of expanded background checks, and sever limitations on who can and can not sell them. This is by far the most prolific weapon used to inflict harm on the innocent. Something must be done.
You will have to pry my knife from my cold dead hand.

They are rare because they were replaced with better technology, so people took the old guns and melted them down. Also, they are rare because there really were not that many of them in the first place. At the height of it's power the British Empire probably had less than 1 million muskets, there are well over 200 million guns in private hands in the US, and millions more in the hands of the government. Given that there are still hundreds, if not thousands, of muskets left 200 years after they were obsolete, how long do you think it will take before all the guns in existence will disappear if we simply stop making them? 1000 years? 5000?

Well, for one thing, The "all guns in existence" is nowhere near what I was stating would happen. The goal is to make the weapons that are now cheap and readily available harder to get. Fortunately or unfortunately in our capitalist society (depending on where you are in this debate), availability goes hand in glove with money. Further allowing (or exacerbating depending on your viewpoint) for 2013 America, the government consistently favors/retards growth by taxation in one form or another. The courts have held that this is legal. It is the only pathway to take toward making the "cheap and readily available" harder to come by.

Another alternative would be to place more emphasis on physical examinations by medical professionals and have the results decide on whether you "qualify". I, for one, don't want to go there really except in the cases to where the fitness of the individual has already been determined or there is other reason to suspect the intent of the firearms purchaser. Again, I'm hesitant to make a Rorschach test a hurdle toward being able to maintain your rights or have them taken from you....what's next...one for journalists...bloggers?

Anyway, if you stem the demand through raising prices, the manufacturing dries up. Once it dries up, you begin to experience scarcity. As said, it will take decades but there will be an effect sooner or later.

I'm open to other ideas but interdiction based on a shrink's opinion and making that mandatory seems to be extreme to me.

Is that the goal? Are you going to outlaw 3D printing, and other advances in technology, at the same time? Or are you just incredibly ignorant?

Forum List

Back