🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

We should expect TWO Hispanics/Latino to be VP nominees next year

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
My own personal prediction is that both parties will select for the VP slot Hispanics/Latino(a).

For the GOP, Gov. Susanna Martinez from NM is the most likely candidate for such a post; a woman, relatively moderate in her social issues, and one that has won her governorship in a relatively "blue" state.

For the DNC, the most likely choice for the VP slot will be Julian Castro; a charismatic, young, attractive Hispanic that should readily attract that contingency voters to flock to the polls....giving Hillary (the most likely Dem. nominee) a HUGE boost for her election to the oval office.

There will be a special run of The Apprentice to select the Republican VP.

My own personal prediction is that both parties will select for the VP slot Hispanics/Latino(a).

For the GOP, Gov. Susanna Martinez from NM is the most likely candidate for such a post; a woman, relatively moderate in her social issues, and one that has won her governorship in a relatively "blue" state.

For the DNC, the most likely choice for the VP slot will be Julian Castro; a charismatic, young, attractive Hispanic that should readily attract that contingency voters to flock to the polls....giving Hillary (the most likely Dem. nominee) a HUGE boost for her election to the oval office.

Castro is unlikely. He won't sway Texas. And beyond kissing babies and shaking hands, he has zero competency.

• Banned
Castro is unlikely. He won't sway Texas. And beyond kissing babies and shaking hands, he has zero competency.

....but slightly better competency in governmental issues than a real estate developer and surgeon, don't you think?.....Castro is indeed Hispanic, young, attractive and well spoken....my guess is that he'll get the nod.

I agree as long as Rubio doesn't get the nod. Then I would look for Kasich

• Banned

You're correct that Rubio may more likely be a VP nominee; however, if Hillary is the (likely) nominee on the Dem, side, the GOP may be desperate for a woman....and a Hispanic one at that.

....but slightly better competency in governmental issues than a real estate developer and surgeon, don't you think?.....Castro is indeed Hispanic, young, attractive and well spoken....my guess is that he'll get the nod.

Whether he's better than Carson is not going to be anyone's consideration. Whomever is the nominee will be looking for what a potential running mate can bring to the ticket that is not already there. Being pretty is not enough. Castro will do next to nothing to secure new support. And he offers very little in terms of prepping for a future Presidential run.

You're correct that Rubio may more likely be a VP nominee; however, if Hillary is the (likely) nominee on the Dem, side, the GOP may be desperate for a woman....and a Hispanic one at that.
A male republican can't attack Hillary without appearing anti woman. A female VP can take the gloves off

Forum List

Back