We Used to Be Energy Independent: What Happened?

Well, imo its technically possible to do a shut down with an earthquake, but failure is pretty catastrophic. But the Push for Nuclear in the US died because of waste storage. I'm not debating it with you. I suppose it's possible that the cost of elec could make it an issue again. But we're not even producing as much NG as we could.
We need the energy now

maybe in the future Elon Musk will take it to the moon for us

but we need the energy now

Biden is the man in charge

He is the top of the anti-energy pyramid of radical greenies who helped put him in office

and have been working to create this crisis for 30-40 years
Global warming is real. Exxon and Chevron are not stupid. Personally, I don't think Biden (or Obama) should be able to unilaterally tax oil producers per barrel for environmental costs.

It's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma.

“When the Biden Administration took office, it unleashed a dangerous “Mandate and Moratorium” strategy, a green jihad of sorts against the U.S. energy sector. The strategy was simple– create supply constraints for domestic oil and gas producers by dismantling distribution systems, tightening regulations, and suspending leases and permits, therefore impacting future drilling activity. Co-conspirators like Black Rock’s, Larry Fink, then jumped in by urging institutional divestment from the oil and gas sector and wielding a pseudo-sophisticated set of investments standards known as environment, social and governance (ESG). The strategy was topped off with the complicity of social media and tech’s intolerance for a diversity of ideas, ensuring Americans couldn’t discuss the flawed energy policy, let alone dissent from it.”

Why are 9,000 sold permits not being worked by oil companies?

Why are only 40% of developed sites pumping any oil?

Why are you an apologist for oil companies?

We have not been independent since before I was born. Let's reference the 1970s oil embargo.

btw, I'm not knee jerk opposed to ANWR or nuclear, but the fact is US industry is just not interested in either. AS Otto posted, there are thousands of leases that can be drilled RIGHTNOW, but US producers aren't interested.

And Mac said I wanted to tell people to do with their money. Commie. LOL

btw, I'm not knee jerk opposed to ANWR or nuclear, but the fact is US industry is just not interested in either. AS Otto posted, there are thousands of leases that can be drilled RIGHTNOW, but US producers aren't interested.

And Mac said I wanted to tell people to do with their money. Commie. LOL
It's not interest it's cost. There are only a few areas left in the continental US that are cost effective to develop under $75. Additionally the industry went through a bloodletting from 2014 to 2020. At one shocking point, the price of oil went negative. Many companies died . Banks and equity have moved away from the sector due to losses.

Nonsense

thats just an excuse

lib greenies are holding out for the Lost Secrets Of Atlantis or nothing

if its not electricity made by windmills or solar panels they dont wan
Between 2016 and 2021 Russian oil imports to the US increased from 14 million barrels a year to 72 million barrels a year.

Global warming is real. Exxon and Chevron are not stupid. Personally, I don't think Biden (or Obama) should be able to unilaterally tax oil producers per barrel for environmental costs.
I know that the weather where I live is getting warmer

and I consider that a good thing

whether natural or manmade its not a problem for me

my growing season is at least 2 months longer

I know that the weather where I live is getting warmer

and I consider that a good thing

whether natural or manmade its not a problem for me

my growing season is at least 2 months longer
My growing season is now 389 days per year.

When did this "mention" occur?

Because this chart shows a pretty steady increase in oil prices throughout the Bush the Lesser years

Lol, look it up. But Bush actually didn't want oil prices to go down. Just saying.

No, I pretty much covered the high points

The article is bunk.

Believe me or don't. Think I care? Do you think I an going to present an in depth argument for squealing dummies like you and the OP who never actually read the article anyway?

Uh...no

The current administration is on record being hostile to fossil fuel use and production.

Yes or no?

Then why are prices going up?

Why is the Biden admin still doing policies hostile to fossil fuel production?
If production hasn't been cut, then why the hell would we be asking every country on the planet to ramp up production to help us?

Liberals are idiots.

Forum List

Back