Wealthy Hire the Disabled??? Stop!!!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Shocking!

Simply shocking.....imagine....hiring the disabled....

Wait...who could disagree with that? Lots of folks, it seems....and a major source of debate around here!

1. "Disney World is looking into reports that some wealthy visitors are hiring disabled people to pretend to be family members so that they can skip lines.

2. Reports of the alleged practice sparked fury on social media, with some people calling the actions "crazy," "awful," and "despicable."

3. But others defended the idea, arguing it's a way to help some disabled people make good money.

4. The debate began with an article in the New York Post.
"The black-market Disney guides run $130 an hour, or $1,040 for an eight-hour day," the report said.

a. The Post anonymously quoted one mother as saying, "My daughter waited one minute to get on 'It's a Small World' -- the other kids had to wait 2 1/2 hours. You can't go to Disney without a tour concierge. This is how the 1% does Disney."
CNN

5. Let me try mine: I'm in favor of capitalism....

If you obtained your money legally, spend it any way you choose...and if that means hiring someone to stand in line for you.....do it!

Did you object when you bought concert tickets from a scalper who waited all night to get those tickets?

Or did you pay someone to wait for Apple to open so you could get he latest iteration of your phone?

Or are you in favor of 'legacy admissions' to college....or affirmative action?

6. So, who is at fault?

Rich folks...the "1%" who may not be in that position next year?
Want to pass a law preventing them from buying expensive car when poor folks are in junkers?
Really?
Did you see what Clinton did to the yacht industry?
Ignorance, Stupidity or Connivance? - Walter E. Williams - Page full

7. Disabled folks ...who are getting paid for their time?
Maybe you think they're lying....and should be punished. Well...don't stop there, check out Hillary Clinton and Obama lying about Benghazi...

8. Or Disney?

Maybe Disney...

"It is unacceptable to abuse accommodations that were designed for guests with disabilities," spokesman Bryan Malenius told CNN Wednesday. "We are thoroughly reviewing the situation and will take appropriate steps to deter this type of activity."
Disney vows action after report of rich hiring disabled to skip lines - CNN.com

WHAT????

Disney hates disabled people???

The problem, PC, is that this is "hiring" and "income" based upon lying. Lying, if you didn't know, is wrong.

The problem, PC, is that this is "hiring" and "income" based upon lying. Lying, if you didn't know, is wrong.

Really?

You see....(I use the word 'see' advisedly)....I covered same in the OP...

"7. Disabled folks ...who are getting paid for their time?
Maybe you think they're lying....and should be punished. Well...don't stop there, check out Hillary Clinton and Obama lying about Benghazi..."

Too bad you didn't SEE it.

I fervently await your OP's on the lying mistake in the White House.

And, it is hardly indicated that any lying was going on...it seems that Disney didn't ask any of the disabled folks if they actually planned on availing themselves of the amusement.....

Isn't that the TRUTH?

Really?

Maybe you think they're lying....and should be punished. Well...don't stop there, check out Hillary Clinton and Obama lying about Benghazi..."

And, it is hardly indicated that any lying was going on...it seems that Disney didn't ask any of the disabled folks if they actually planned on availing themselves of the amusement.....

Isn't that the TRUTH?

I'm disappointed in you, PC. You veered into the ditch on your response, and you're usually sharper than that. You said:

1. "Disney World is looking into reports that some wealthy visitors are hiring disabled people to pretend to be family members so that they can skip lines.
So you do admit this is a service based upon a false premise, empowered by a payment. Essentially, it is theft by unlawful taking when you drill it down.

And . . . what in the fuck does this have to do with Obama? Holy crap, you folks need to take a breath.

Really?

Isn't that the TRUTH?

I'm disappointed in you, PC. You veered into the ditch on your response, and you're usually sharper than that. You said:

So you do admit this is a service based upon a false premise, empowered by a payment. Essentially, it is theft by unlawful taking when you drill it down.

And . . . what in the fuck does this have to do with Obama? Holy crap, you folks need to take a breath.

1. Very shabby attempt at rebounding from the previous post....you did miss the 'lying' sentence in the OP....why not simply admit it?

2. There was no lying involved in the Disney situation (lie..An intentionally false statement.)...merely using the system.

Lying would be...oh, say....telling the electorate that Bill Ayers was 'just a guy who lives in the neighborhood,' when in reality he was a long time political ally who, in fact, wrote your 'autobiography.'

Get it?

My daughter is going to Euro Disney this weekend with her school class. She has a friend with artificial legs. I told her to hang out with him and tell him to wear shorts. Thanks for the tip PC.

My daughter is going to Euro Disney this weekend with her school class. She has a friend with artificial legs. I told her to hang out with him and tell him to wear shorts. Thanks for the tip PC.

You make the Great Santini look like Leo Buscaglia.

You make the Great Santini look like Leo Buscaglia.

The first time my wife saw me cry was watching the end if The Great Santimi. Enjoyed the book too.

Have you ever had a friend wait in line at the movie theater or a concert, and then joined him after the line was much shorter?

Because NOT FAIR?

I think Disney let disabled go first, so they don't have to endure too much hardship. The rule is: everybody stays in line. We let disabled cut in because we sympathize them.

So if I was in the line, a disabled person cuts in, that's ok. But then a rich guy cuts in after the disabled, claiming he paid the disabled, now who's gonna pay for my time?

This business is not honest and not fair.

Because NOT FAIR?

I think Disney let disabled go first, so they don't have to endure too much hardship. The rule is: everybody stays in line. We let disabled cut in because we sympathize them.

So if I was in the line, a disabled person cuts in, that's ok. But then a rich guy cuts in after the disabled, claiming he paid the disabled, now who's gonna pay for my time?

This business is not honest and not fair.

David Mamet wrote an analysis of your concern in his paean to the free market, chapter 10 of "The Secret Knowledge."

But what about the abuses of the free market?

a. Some will be corrected by the law, and if there is no current law, the citizenry will demand such.

b. Some abuse run afoul of custom….these will be corrected by censure, withdrawal of custom, or may be criminalized.

c. Alas, some must be endured, as they would be under any system of government, business or administration.

So....decide to whom, and write a letter.
Perhaps your post counts as such.

The "wealthy" can already enjoy these advantages:

The team at Disney’s VIP Tour Services will plan the most efficient, enjoyable way for your group of up to 10 people to see and do what’s on your list. Just tell us what you want, and we’ll create your ideal itinerary!
With special perks like door-to-door transportation, preferred event seating and expedited entry to select attractions, you’ll spend less time waiting and more time soaking up the magic of Walt Disney World Resort.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/vip-tour-services/

The "wealthy" can already enjoy these advantages:

The team at Disney’s VIP Tour Services will plan the most efficient, enjoyable way for your group of up to 10 people to see and do what’s on your list. Just tell us what you want, and we’ll create your ideal itinerary!
With special perks like door-to-door transportation, preferred event seating and expedited entry to select attractions, you’ll spend less time waiting and more time soaking up the magic of Walt Disney World Resort.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/vip-tour-services/

See....Disney is taking them off the attraction lines, and adding disabled to the unemployed lines!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcAYMb5uk4]The Horror (Marlon Brando) - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back