Wealthy Hire the Disabled??? Stop!!!

Because NOT FAIR?

I think Disney let disabled go first, so they don't have to endure too much hardship. The rule is: everybody stays in line. We let disabled cut in because we sympathize them.

So if I was in the line, a disabled person cuts in, that's ok. But then a rich guy cuts in after the disabled, claiming he paid the disabled, now who's gonna pay for my time?

This business is not honest and not fair.

David Mamet wrote an analysis of your concern in his paean to the free market, chapter 10 of "The Secret Knowledge."

But what about the abuses of the free market?

a. Some will be corrected by the law, and if there is no current law, the citizenry will demand such.

b. Some abuse run afoul of custom….these will be corrected by censure, withdrawal of custom, or may be criminalized.

c. Alas, some must be endured, as they would be under any system of government, business or administration.

So....decide to whom, and write a letter.
Perhaps your post counts as such.

What you says is true - it's difficult to deal with.
What I said is also true - it's not fair.

Or are you saying it's free market, so everyone should sit back and do nothing? But if it's all about free market, then I do anything I want, including not doing nothing. What's a free market when regulations are also a product of the free market, anyway? The whole biosphere is a free market I guess.

Last edited:
Because NOT FAIR?

I think Disney let disabled go first, so they don't have to endure too much hardship. The rule is: everybody stays in line. We let disabled cut in because we sympathize them.

So if I was in the line, a disabled person cuts in, that's ok. But then a rich guy cuts in after the disabled, claiming he paid the disabled, now who's gonna pay for my time?

This business is not honest and not fair.

David Mamet wrote an analysis of your concern in his paean to the free market, chapter 10 of "The Secret Knowledge."

But what about the abuses of the free market?

a. Some will be corrected by the law, and if there is no current law, the citizenry will demand such.

b. Some abuse run afoul of custom….these will be corrected by censure, withdrawal of custom, or may be criminalized.

c. Alas, some must be endured, as they would be under any system of government, business or administration.

So....decide to whom, and write a letter.
Perhaps your post counts as such.

What you says is true - it's difficult to deal with.
What I said is also true - it's not fair.

Or are you saying it's free market, so everyone should sit back and do nothing? But if it's all about free market, then I do anything I want, including not doing nothing. What's a free market when regulations are also a product of the free market, anyway? The whole biosphere is a free market I guess.

1. "We let disabled cut in because we sympathize them."

Who is "we"?
This is not a government operation.....

Are you on the Disney Board of Directors?
No?
Then there is no 'we.'

2."... are you saying it's free market, so everyone should sit back and do nothing?"
If you don't agree with the policy, make your disagreement known.
Write a letter, complain.
The Disney folks....in accordance with the free market....will make a decision e.g., 'we won't get involved, and folks can pay for the accommodation...," or, conversely, "We will modify policy, and only those on line or handicapped can avail themselves of the exception."

That is the free market.

3. If you hire a lawyer, and some busy-body activist judge inserts himself into the situation...well, then there is no free market.

4. "The whole biosphere is a free market I guess."
I don't believe you know what "free market" means.

This may help:
On this day, June 5th, 1723 Adam Smith was baptized at Kirkaldy, County Fife, Scotland. His actual date of birth is unknown. In 1776 he published his "Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations."
" The Wealth of Nations" created the subject of political economy, and remains the most influential work on economics ever written.

Included:

"It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest. It is the highest impertinence and presumption, therefore, in kings and ministers, to pretend to watch over the economy of private people, and to restrain their expense, either by sumptuary laws, or by prohibiting the importation of foreign luxuries."

I am very much in favor of a mixed economy and a free market. I hope that applies to you, as well.

QUOTE=PoliticalChic

Who is "we"?

No?
Then there is no 'we.'

* Okey, so there's no 'we'. What's the reason Disney let disabled cut in, anyway?

2."... are you saying it's free market, so everyone should sit back and do nothing?"
The Disney folks....in accordance with the free market....will make a decision e.g., 'we won't get involved, and folks can pay for the accommodation...," or, conversely, "We will modify policy, and only those on line or handicapped can avail themselves of the exception."

That is the free market.

* I guess I did misunderstand what you meant, and about the free market. But I never said I'm gonna write a complaint to Disney. I believe it's close to impossible to tell whether a deal has taken place or they're genuine friends, or even somewhere in between. By 'Anything', I meant anything including posting here saying how I think it's not fair. (I thought you were saying we should do absolutely nothing because 'actions will be taken' someway, somehow.)

* And since you quoted "abuses of the free market", you must think of it as an abuse, hence wrong, am I right?

3. If you hire a lawyer, and some busy-body activist judge inserts himself into the situation...well, then there is no free market.

* I think I can agree. It's a private firm, customers have the choice to go or not.

This may help:
On this day, June 5th, 1723 Adam Smith was baptized at Kirkaldy, County Fife, Scotland. His actual date of birth is unknown. In 1776 he published his "Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations."
" The Wealth of Nations" created the subject of political economy, and remains the most influential work on economics ever written.

Included:

"It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest. It is the highest impertinence and presumption, therefore, in kings and ministers, to pretend to watch over the economy of private people, and to restrain their expense, either by sumptuary laws, or by prohibiting the importation of foreign luxuries."

I am very much in favor of a mixed economy and a free market. I hope that applies to you, as well.

The only service the disabled provided (if it's a deal) was taking some of other people's time and giving it to the payer. Can we hurt others while making money?

Last edited:
QUOTE=PoliticalChic

Who is "we"?

No?
Then there is no 'we.'

* Okey, so there's no 'we'. What's the reason Disney let disabled cut in, anyway?

That is the free market.

* I guess I did misunderstand what you meant, and about the free market. But I never said I'm gonna write a complaint to Disney. I believe it's close to impossible to tell whether a deal has taken place or they're genuine friends, or even somewhere in between. By 'Anything', I meant anything including posting here saying how I think it's not fair. (I thought you were saying we should do absolutely nothing because 'actions will be taken' someway, somehow.)

* And since you quoted "abuses of the free market", you must think of it as an abuse, hence wrong, am I right?

* I think I can agree. It's a private firm, customers have the choice to go or not.

This may help:

Included:

The only service the disabled provided (if it's a deal) was taking some of other people's time and giving it to the payer. Can we hurt others while making money?

Who is the 'we'?
Who was hurt?
Are you saying that the disabled hurt others?

QUOTE=PoliticalChic

Who is "we"?

No?
Then there is no 'we.'

That is the free market.

This may help:

Included:

Who is the 'we'?
Who was hurt?
Are you saying that the disabled hurt others?

"Walt Disney World and Disneyland to do away with disability pass beginning October 9th

Earlier this year a scandal broke out involving Disney theme parks and disabled guests. Several news agencies reported a scandal that involved touring companies were offering “handicap tour guides for hire”. The purpose of the guides were to allow those willing to pay, a way to immediately skip the lines by taking advantage of a free pass intended for disabled guests and their families. In light of the scandal, Disney has opted to end the current program and institute a new program beginning October 9th. It has some families with disabled family members outraged, but is it really all that bad?

The move comes after several touring agencies were exposed as having disabled tour guides available to allow non-disabled guests willing to shell out hundreds of dollars to skip the lines completely.

....if there is less than a 30 minute wait, the guest is allowed to come right in. If not, then the guest is given a time at or below the current wait time and then allowed to come in through the Express, or Fastpass line.

Many families of disabled children are outraged, stating that the former pass is the only way their children can experience attractions at parks like Disney. However, the idea behind the move is that families can do other things while they wait for their time to enter the attraction."
Walt Disney World and Disneyland to do away with disability pass beginning October 9th

Wow. Another profound post by PC. Just trying to keep an already dead thread of hers alive. Pathetic.

It's today's news.....

Now...back into the mud where you belong, worm.
Yes, PC. But it has no real economic value. Are you suggesting that there is some economic value, or economic cost, to the new ruling??? Or do you just look to the news for meaning.
So, we have disabled who have found a way to make a buck by cheating on the system. I am completely certain that the economy be affected one way or the other.

Here is some news, me dear.

"Benedict XVI emerges to defend record on sex abuse"
from today's USA Today
Based on your criteria, maybe you should start a thread on it.

Sad, but very entertaining.
Carl Hiaasen did a great book on Disney, pretty entertaining, don't remember the name of it but easy to find on Amazon.

Forum List

Back