Weapons of Our Warfare

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
The book of Ephesians makes clear our warfare is not carnal, it is spiritual. It is written:

For do not wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

We are not warring against flesh and blood. ( humans ) The church needs to study the book of Ephesians and realize there are conditions for entering into this warfare. Condition one - Chosen by the Father, condition two - redeemed by His Son - condition three - sealed by His Holy Spirit. Our old condition was dead to God. Dead in our sins and trespasses.

It is written: And you had the quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins: Wherein time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience. Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. - Ephesians 2: 1 - 3

Now here comes the "New Condition" - Alive to God:

It is written:

But God, rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, ( By grace were ye saved ) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. For by grace were ye saved, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2: 4-8

Then in Ephesians 2:11 - 22 we see the Reconciliation of Jews and Gentiles, Ephesians chapter 3 we see the Revelation of the Mystery of the Church and starting in verse 14 of chapter 3 a Prayer for realization and in Chapter 4 exhortation of Unity:

It is written:
I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called. With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love. Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling. One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Means for Unity ------------------> THE GIFTS

But unto every one of us is give grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. It is written Ephesians 4: 11 And he gave some, apostles, and some prophets, and some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers.

PURPOSE OF THE GIFTS:

Ephesians 4: 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ. Till we all come in the unity of faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.

That we henceforth be no more children tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive, But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ. From which the whole body is joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in Love. Ephesians 4: 12 - 16

PUT OFF THE OLD MAN

It is written:

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind.

Having the understanding darkened being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

But ye have not so learned Christ:

If so be that ye have heard him and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus, That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, wihc is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts. Ephesians 4 : 17-22

PUT ON THE NEW MAN

And be renewed in the spirit of your mind: And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, SPEAK EVERY MAN TRUTH WITH HIS NEIGHBOR - for we are members one of another.

BE YE ANGRY AND SIN NOT. let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil. Let him who stole steal no more, but rather let him labor, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace to the hearers.
- Ephesians 4: 23- 29

GRIEVE NOT THE HOLY SPIRIT

And grieve not the Holy Spirit of Gid, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice. And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Be ye therefore, followers of God, as dear children,

And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us and offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savor. But fornication, and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not be named once among you, as becometh the saints. Neither filthiness nor foolish talking, not jesting, which are not convenient but rather giving thanks. For this ye know, that no whore monger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them. For ye were sometimes darkness but now are light in the Lord, walk as children of the light. ( for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth ) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame to speak of those things wich are done of them in secret. Ephesians 4: 30 - 5:12

WALK AS CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT

It is written:

But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light, Wherefore he hath said, AWAKE THOU, THAT SLEEPEST, AND ARISE FROM THE DEAD, AND CHRIST SHALL GIVE THEE LIGHT.
See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise.

Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Wherefore, be ye not unwise and be understanding what the will of the Lord is.

----------------Do all these things first! Written to the Ephesians! And THEN! THEN COMES THE POWER OF THE HOLY GHOST! -------->

Last edited:
Having the understanding darkened being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness

Just a question I ask many religious people.
1. If God so loved the world he could have defeated sin and evil without human interactions, could he not?
2.Why is Jesus the first anti-zombie? He is the living dead but does not feed on brains or eggs.

BE FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess, but be filled with the Spirit. Speaking to yourselves in psalms, and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your hearts to the Lord. Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Then in Ephesians 5: 22 - 24 Wives Submit unto your husbands and in Ephesians 5: 25- 33 Husbands love your wives and finally in Ephesians 6 instruction to children - obey your parents:

It is written: Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right, HONOR THY FATHER AND THY MOTHER: which is the first commandment with promise: THAT IS MAY BE WELL WITH THEE, AND THOU MAYEST LIVE LONG ON THE EARTH. And ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Ephesians 6: 1 -4

A message to servants in Ephesians 6: 6 - 9 and then it is on to our instructions on how to prepare for Spiritual Warfare. Coming next..

Having the understanding darkened being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness

Just a question I ask many religious people.
1. If God so loved the world he could have defeated sin and evil without human interactions, could he not?
2.Why is Jesus the first anti-zombie? He is the living dead but does not feed on brains or eggs.

Answered below -

Last edited:
Moonglow - a question to you - If God could have redeemed the world without sending his only Begotten Son to shed his own blood on a cross on Golgotha's Hill, don't you believe He would have done it? Of course he would have! - J.

Last edited:
Spiritual Warfare 101... The preparation.... Redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb - Jesus Christ, Baptism of the Holy Ghost, Obeying the Word of God, Walking in Love toward the Brethren AND towards the lost sheep who have yet to come in! Be Filled with the Spirit, operate in the Gifts ( operating in the Gifts of the Holy Ghost comes next )

It is written:

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles ( trickery & deceitful methods ) of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness. And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit and watching thereunto with all perseverence and supplication for all saints.

And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may make known the mystery of the gospel. For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldy, as I ought to speak.
-Ephesians 6:10 - 20

Now for the Weapons of our warfare - the Gifts of the Holy Ghost Equip us!

The greatest weapons on earth are not found in the arsenals of military Bases, headquarters, battlefields, etc. The greatest weapons of warfare are laying dormant ( for the most part ) inside the church! Jesus Christ has given us all authority over the enemy according to Luke 10:19. But first! Let us hear the words of our King!

Hear the words of Jesus Christ to his disciples, people!

He that heareth you, heareth me, and he that despiseth you, despiseth me, and he that despiseth me, despiseth him who sent me. - Luke 10: 16

This is good news, people, because it means that the unsaved world who hears your words are hearing the words of Jesus Christ ( faith cometh by hearing ) and the One who sent him - The Holy G-d of Israel and that there is a day coming in which the Spirit of the Lord will reveal Jesus Christ to these precious ones. This is yet another reason for us to walk in truth and love towards all men. Those who despise you and despise Jesus Christ and His Father - the G-d of Israel who sent him? These ones we pray for and love too. Because the scriptures tell us in the Torah that the Bloodthirsty hate the upright but the just man seek their soul. Proverb 28:10 (the just man will pray for souls of bloodthirsty men who hate him ) So let us pray for all men as if they had the destiny of Paul.. Only God knows who will come to the foot of the cross and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior ........therein making Him Master of their lives..

Last edited:
Luke 10:17

And the seventy returned again with joy, saying Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. and he said unto them, I beheld Satan falling like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means harm you.

Nothwithstanding in this, rejoice not that the spirits ( demons ) are subject unto you but rather rejoice that your names are written in heaven.

It is written:

He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also, and greater works than these shall he do, because I go unto my Father.
- John 14: 12

Now Jesus sent us a Comforter when he ascended to heaven to be seated at the right hand of the Father. The Holy Spirit equips us to do greater works than Jesus did while upon the earth because Jesus is our intercessor! Hallelujah! This is the Mark 16 life of the believer! The very life of the Book of Acts! The life God meant for each and every one of us to live every single day of our lives as His children!

I love what Brother Sumrall said in his teachings about the Gifts and Ministries of the Holy Ghost! I shall begin quoting him right here---------------> He said, Jesus said if you wish to take a prey, you must first bind the strong man! ( Matt 12:29 ) When we seek to take a prey in a pagan land, such as Tibet or India, it is imperative that we use the weapons of our warfare. Not to do so is to suffer humiliating defeat at the hands of witchcraft, superstition, and heathen religion. Only when that pagan darkness is pushed back can we know true victory.

It is written:

It is not by might, not by power but by my spirit, sayeth the Lord of Hosts. - Zechariah 4:6

We can reach out to save the lost but it will never be done by "organizational strength" or numbers. God can win a mighty battle with just a few people. By using only Gideon and his faithful 300 God took care of tens of thousands of the enemy. - See Judges 7, 8

God does not need a huge number of men to win a battle. He just needs sincere and dedicated men and women whose hearts are fully turned towards Him. You do not need diplomas,, degrees, high intelligence ( thank God or I'd be disqualified! Ha! Ha! ) What God needs is those who have received the endowment of the gifts of the Spirit to function in their lives and in their ministries.

The body of Christ is an advancing army, we do not retreat. We have total victory, we do not know defeat. Our warfare is not carnal but spiritual. We are not fighting doctrines or people or denominations. We are warring in the spirit, and the gifts of the Spirit are a necessary part of our fighting gear, both defensive and offensive, but especially offensive. It is the power of God flowing from our spirits that convinces people. - Lester Sumrall quote from- Gifts and Ministries of the Holy Spirit

Next up? Categories of the Gifts! Stay tuned! This is going to bless your socks off!

Last edited:
As Brother Sumrall puts it to the church: These gifts of the Holy Ghost are not "optional". The people of the Church have missed God in the past by deciding for themselves whether or not they would accept the Gifts of the Spirit. The Gifts of the Spirit are not placed at the disposal of the Church on a take it or leave it proposition.

We either take them or we lose what we have. - Lester Sumrall

Lester Sumrall and Howard Carter are two men who truly knew how to operate in the gifts of the Holy Spirit and teach others to do it. So who better to teach you than a Holy Spirit filled man such as Sumrall?

There are nine gifts of the Holy Ghost.

THE WORD OF WISDOM : is the revealing of the prophetic future under the anointing of God. In the Old Testament every seer and every prophet who foretold the future was endowed with this gift. A word of God's wisdom is just that: a word. When God gives you a word of wisdom, He gives only a fragment. The same is true with the word of Knowledge.

THE WORD OF KNOWLEDGE : is the revealing of a fact in existence which can only be supernaturally revealed. It cannot be seen or heard or known naturally. This is the difference between a word of knowledge and a word of wisdom: The word of knowledge is a revelatin of a fact that exists; the word of wisdom is a revelation of the future. Daniel was operating in a word of wisdom when he said there would be a Persian empire, a Greecian empire, and a Roman empire. At that time those empires had not been born.

THE DISCERNING OF SPIRITS : has to do with the comprehending of a human spirit, supernaturally revealed by the Holy Spirit. It is not the discerning of demons, but the discerning of a human spirit - good and bad. With this gift, you can look straight through a person and tell wether or not he is telling the truth. * NOTE FROM JERI As there is no distance in the spiritual realm I have discerned the spirits of people who lived thousands of miles away from me.. there is no distance in the spiritual realm - when the Holy Ghost reveals something to you by this gift of discerning of spirits - you shall know it!

Last edited:
THE GIFT OF FAITH : is God's bringing to pass a supernatural change. No human effort is involved. On the other hand.......

THE GIFT OF THE WORKING OF MIRACLES : works through a human instrument. It is a person doing a supernatural act by the divine energy of the Holy Spirit. An excellent example is Samson bare - handedly killing a lion. That was a miracle.

THE GIFTS OF HEALING : God supernaturally heals the sick through a ministry anointed by the Holy Spirit. A person is given by the Spirit of God a gift to pray for a particular kind of sickness or disease. Remember, there are many ways to be healed. This includes only a small portion of them. There might be as many gifts as there are diseases. This is why the term is in the plural form.

THE GIFT OF TONGUES : is the ministry of proclaiming in a public meeting a message from God in a language not understood by the person giving it. Because he has not studied that language and does not know it, he does not give it from his mind, but from his spirit. When a message in tongues has been given, then the interpretation of tongues goes into operation. Without any mental faculties being involved, the message has been given in another language is intrepreted supernaturally by the Holy Spirit through another person.

THE GIFT OF PROPHECY : is the anointed speaking forth of words for edification, exhortation, and comfort - words supernaturally given to the Church from God.

WHAT IT IS AND WHAT IT DOES - THE PURPOSE FOR EACH OF THE 9 GIFTS OF THE HOLY GHOST

THE GIFT OF THE WORD OF WISDOM is a supernatural revelation of the divine purposes of God. It is a divine communication, a message to the Church, from God, given by the Holy Spirit through a believer.

When God gives a word of Wisdom, He is revealing soemthing that has not yet come to pass. Every prophet in the Bible posessed this gift, and prophets who live today still possess this gift. The words of wisdom involve speaking hidden things - things we would not normally or naturally know.

Remember, this is not just the gift of wisdom this is the word of wisdom. It is one of the three Revelation Gifts. The 3 Revelation Gifts of the Holy Spirit are The Word of Wisdom, the Word of Knowledge and the Discerning of Spirits.

This gift of the word of wisdom can transform the world in which we live today. It can fascinate this world. The Devil has a counterfeit for everything God has. These people who claim to read the future are counterfeiting what God wants to do through his own people here on the earth. God wants you to know the future. It is time for his gift to function in a way that it has never functioned before in the history of the world.
If the church was moving in the spiritual gifts of revelation - the word of wisdom, the word of knowledge, and the discerning of spirits - there would be no need for fortune tellers, crystal ball gazers, Ouija boards, tea leaf readers, palm readers, and all the other parephenalia that the Devil uses to deceive the people in our generation. We are engulfed in the greatest wave of black magic and witchcraft this country has ever known. One reason for this is that the Church has not properly operated in the gifts of the Spirit. We have not used the weapons of our warfare to stop the Devils counterfeits. 1 Corinthians 12:31 says we are to covet the earnestly the best gifts. In the Acts of the Apostles we see these gifts freely functioning again and again...... they should be functioning hin the Church today. This is the will of God for the Church. To operate in the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Examples of the Word of Wisdom operating in the bible - To Joseph - it was the intrepreting of a dream of the future. When Joseph was 17 yrs old, God showed him his whole life, that he would be a great leader - that his brothers would bow down before him, no one believed it yet it came to pass....

Daniel received wisdom in a night vision, Ezekiel was caught away into the Spirit for a Revelation, The Apostle John was caught up in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and the entire book of Revelation flashed before him, the Apostle Paul was caught up into the third heaven... these are some of the examples of the Revelation Gift of Wisdom.

Forum List

Back