Weatherman Fired for slip of the tongue

what do my "superiors" have to do with the firing of the bitch who uttered the "person of color"
expletive "muthafukker"?
You cant fire her so who do you expect has the power to fire her? :rolleyes:

is your comment supposed to have some sort of MEANING?
What comment? I asked you a question. Dont you know the difference? :rolleyes:

it was an idiotic simple minded rhetorical question------since I never stated that I could or
could not fire her
I dont care what you stated. I said it wasnt my call on if she should be fired and told you to speak with your superiors. You got a brain cramp like you couldnt understand that. Not my fault you have bad reading comprehension. :rolleyes:

who are my "superiors"?

You cant fire her so who do you expect has the power to fire her? :rolleyes:

it was an idiotic simple minded rhetorical question------since I never stated that I could or
could not fire her
I dont care what you stated. I said it wasnt my call on if she should be fired and told you to speak with your superiors. You got a brain cramp like you couldnt understand that. Not my fault you have bad reading comprehension. :rolleyes:

who are my "superiors"?
You dont know who you report to or who makes the firing decisions where you work? :rolleyes:

First of all, by saying he is racist then you are, in fact, assuming you know what's in his heart. Furthermore, you are doing so based only on what came out of his mouth and nothing else because you don't know anything else.

Secondly, that's not what I asked. Everybody knows what came out of his mouth, that's not the issue. The issue is whether or not it was intentional or an accidental slip of what he usually says behind closed doors. So, do you at least acknowledge the possibility that it was an innocent flub?

Can apply to any transgression
Do we really know what was in Charley Manson’s mind?

Don't try to turn this into a discussion on psychology or some such. Manson's actions were not accidental slip ups. This case could be.

So once again: Do you at least acknowledge the possibility that it was an innocent flub?
Maybe he can claim he has Tourette’s

You can't even take that one step and acknowledge the possibility, can you? A man lost his job and all you have to offer is sarcasm and glib remarks. You can't even answer a simple question. And do you know why you can't answer it? Because you already judged him as racist in spite of the nonsense about not knowing what's in his heart.

If you answer yes, it makes you look like you made a rash and possibly incorrect judgment. If you answer no it makes you appear to be biased and predisposed to label people as racist no matter what you may know or not know about the case.
I already have, numerous times on this thread

No, you have not. But even if this is true, why will you not answer my question?

For you to claim that since nobody can know what is in someone’s mind you cannot form an opinion.....is wrong

First of all, I said no such thing. What I said was that you don't know this man or his character. Secondly, you are the one who said that we can't really know a person's heart with your remark about Manson.

Based on my life experience with “Martin Luther Coon”

Your experiences with “Martin Luther Coon” are irrelevant where this man's guilt or innocence is concerned. You're judging him based on the actions of other people.

and my nonbelief that Coon is a reasonable slip for King.......I have formed an opinion

It wasn't a slip of "King", it was a slip of "King" and "Junior" and you know this.

Like the station manager......I would have fired him

Of course you would have. You probably would not have even bothered to discuss it with him.
He was tried and convicted in the court of public opinion

His explanation was not plausible enough to save his job. See how many other station managers will be willing to accept his explanation

Now were supposed to feel sorry this racist had a slip of the tongue and said in public what he and his friends say in private. :rolleyes:

And back to Obama saying there are 57 states. We're supposed to feel sorry for him because he had a slip of the tongue and said in public what he and his friends say in private. :rolleyes:

The guy has what, hundreds, thousands of hours of recorded speech? Has he EVER said anything similar? If not, y'all are being ridiculous and we should seriously castigate Jesse Jackson as anti-Semetic for his "Hymietown" comment and Joe Biden as racist for his remarks about Indians working at 7-Eleven and his comment about Obama being clean and articulate.

The network can fire him for whatever reason they want, that's not the point.
Why would you feel sorry for Obama saying there were 57 states? I dont feel sorry for him. Saying there are 57 states is at most a funny fuck up.

I dont know if he has said something similar in public before. I do know he got caught saying "coon" on TV though. One time is enough for me to agree with firing his stupid ass.

I would feel sorry for Obama because, applying your standard, it would be proof that he's ignorant about the basic structure of the US. And no, you can't say he showed he wasn't stupid other times, because you have no interest in whether this guy has ever said anything similar.

Now were supposed to feel sorry this racist had a slip of the tongue and said in public what he and his friends say in private. :rolleyes:

And back to Obama saying there are 57 states. We're supposed to feel sorry for him because he had a slip of the tongue and said in public what he and his friends say in private. :rolleyes:

The guy has what, hundreds, thousands of hours of recorded speech? Has he EVER said anything similar? If not, y'all are being ridiculous and we should seriously castigate Jesse Jackson as anti-Semetic for his "Hymietown" comment and Joe Biden as racist for his remarks about Indians working at 7-Eleven and his comment about Obama being clean and articulate.

Why would you feel sorry for Obama saying there were 57 states? I dont feel sorry for him. Saying there are 57 states is at most a funny fuck up.

I dont know if he has said something similar in public before. I do know he got caught saying "coon" on TV though. One time is enough for me to agree with firing his stupid ass.

I would feel sorry for Obama because, applying your standard, it would be proof that he's ignorant about the basic structure of the US. And no, you can't say he showed he wasn't stupid other times, because you have no interest in whether this guy has ever said anything similar.
Ok so he is ignorant about the basic structure of the US. So what? He was the POTUS and served two terms. The clown in the OP got fired for saying something racist. Your comparison fails in relevance and it fails the equally important test. :rolleyes:

He was confused over the number of primaries he had to participate in and visit
Very few people actually know

could not fire her

who are my "superiors"?
You dont know who you report to or who makes the firing decisions where you work? :rolleyes:

I is old-----butterfly------retired

Can apply to any transgression
Do we really know what was in Charley Manson’s mind?

Don't try to turn this into a discussion on psychology or some such. Manson's actions were not accidental slip ups. This case could be.

So once again: Do you at least acknowledge the possibility that it was an innocent flub?

You can't even take that one step and acknowledge the possibility, can you? A man lost his job and all you have to offer is sarcasm and glib remarks. You can't even answer a simple question. And do you know why you can't answer it? Because you already judged him as racist in spite of the nonsense about not knowing what's in his heart.

If you answer yes, it makes you look like you made a rash and possibly incorrect judgment. If you answer no it makes you appear to be biased and predisposed to label people as racist no matter what you may know or not know about the case.

No, you have not. But even if this is true, why will you not answer my question?

For you to claim that since nobody can know what is in someone’s mind you cannot form an opinion.....is wrong

First of all, I said no such thing. What I said was that you don't know this man or his character. Secondly, you are the one who said that we can't really know a person's heart with your remark about Manson.

Your experiences with “Martin Luther Coon” are irrelevant where this man's guilt or innocence is concerned. You're judging him based on the actions of other people.

and my nonbelief that Coon is a reasonable slip for King.......I have formed an opinion

It wasn't a slip of "King", it was a slip of "King" and "Junior" and you know this.

Of course you would have. You probably would not have even bothered to discuss it with him.

The court of public opinion be damned. That same court determined that blacks were inferior at one time and is precisely why you are here today in this discussion.

His explanation was not plausible enough to save his job. See how many other station managers will be willing to accept his explanation

It was plausible enough. The station would have fired him either way because they were worried about bad publicity. You know it and I know it.

The court of public opinion be damned. That same court determined that blacks were inferior at one time and is precisely why you are here today in this discussion.

It was plausible enough. The station would have fired him either way because they were worried about bad publicity. You know it and I know it.

The TV station has a public to serve
They are under no obligation to maintain an employee who has offended its viewers

could not fire her

who are my "superiors"?

I is old-----butterfly------retired
Why didnt you report it to your superiors when it happened?

The TV station has a public to serve
They are under no obligation to maintain an employee who has offended its viewers

Maybe, maybe not. But again, they would have fired him in any case whether they believed him or not because half their viewers had already called for his head.

I know he's not stupid and I know he doesn't think we have 57 states. That's the point. We have the usual suspects ready to tar and feather one man for a statement (and not giving a flying rat's patoot if he's actually guilty or not) while giving every excuse in the book for another who also said something odd.

I know he's not stupid and I know he doesn't think we have 57 states. That's the point. We have the usual suspects ready to tar and feather one man for a statement (and not giving a flying rat's patoot if he's actually guilty or not) while giving every excuse in the book for another who also said something odd.
Its amusing youre trying to equate someone saying a racial slur with someone being tired and saying 57 states instead of 47. :rolleyes:

Its amusing youre trying to equate someone saying a racial slur with someone being tired and saying 57 states instead of 47. :rolleyes:

The actual number is 55

The actual number is 55
55 what?

The actual number is 55
55 what?
Obama was talking about how tiring the primary circuit was and all the states he had to visit

50 states, DC, Puerto Rico, Guam, Samoa, Virgin Islands

Territories have primaries too

The actual number is 55
55 what?
Obama was talking about how tiring the primary circuit was and all the states he had to visit

50 states, DC, Puerto Rico, Guam, Samoa
Guess it is 54 total
It was about the states but DC, Puerto Rico, Guam, Samoa arent considered states and they cant vote for POTUS with the exception of DC. Obama had visited 47 of the continental states and had 1 more left to go.

“… it is just wonderful to be back in Oregon, and over the last 15 months we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in fifty …. seven states? I think one left to go. One left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit but my staff would not justify it.
-President Obama

It's amusing that you're trying to avoid the obvious parallels by pretending that's what I'm doing.

The actual number is 55
55 what?

50 states, DC, Puerto Rico, Guam, Samoa, Virgin Islands

Territories have primaries too

So even with that excuse he's still wrong.

Forum List

Back