Weatherman Fired for slip of the tongue

Many news people have been fired for what they say on the air. Some fair, some not

Any newsman who says Martin Luther Coon will get his ass fired. Whether it was intentional or not
And that's wrong. When people's career is destroyed for a mistake in speech it's a sad commentary on our society. Political correctness run amok.

If you embarrass your employer, whether intentional or not, you get fired
Fact of life
No, you get fired for saying the wrong thing by mistake. Many people signed a petition to get his job back. You pick and choose what you want to believe and ignore other FACTS. You're a race hustler.

Mistakenly call your black boss a coon and see what happens
Nothing will happen if my black boss is a rational person. You racist loons aren't rational. You're sick.

Dream on

And you don't know that he did it deliberately. You want to believe it was deliberate because racism is part of your agenda.

I believe it because to claim it was a slip of the tongue is not credible
King does not become Coon unless you routinely make that substitution

Bullshit, that's an opinion. One slip rolls off the tongue no easier and no harder than any other. A slip is a slip.

I made a flub once at a Golden Corral where I was perusing the steak menu and they had various cuts of sirloins and ribeyes. After I made my choice I promptly asked for the 16 oz. "sirbeye". It rolled off my tongue just as easily as this one did. You know damn well you have done it yourself so don't insult our intelligence by pretending you never have.

The fact remains it may have been a flub. As the accusers, you and the others have yet to provide anything but conjecture and opinion. Not one of you has provided evidence or a convincing argument other than the fact the word sounded like "coon". You have yet to provide evidence of malice or intent and in fact, none of you knows a fucking thing about this guy.
So it is a matter of opinion whether it was an accident or a common substitution to mock King

It is a matter of opinion that it was no accident just because racists use it as a common substitution to mock King. One doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the other. Again, you simply do not know.

You're only considering factors that fit your preconceived notion that it was deliberate. You're ignoring the fact that people flub their words every day. In fact, I am the only one here who has considered it or even brought it up.

This is not a simple case of someone saying "The shitty should..." instead of "The city should..." and everyone having a good laugh. A man's job was at stake.

It is something the viewers would have to decide. A case where a large percentage of viewers would look at him as a racist every time he is on camera

And a large percentage of viewers could be wrong. If we didn't have the atmosphere of racism paranoia in this country right now, that same large percentage of viewers might have just laughed it off.

The network decided they didn’t want to put up with it

Put up with what? Did this guy have a history or reputation of racism? Have they had any kinds of problems with him before? If not then the station panicked and bowed to the paranoids. That's it.

I don't remember if I asked you but I know I have asked this question a few times already in this discussion and not one person has answered it. Question: Do you at least acknowledge the possibility that it was an innocent flub?

Many news people have been fired for what they say on the air. Some fair, some not

Any newsman who says Martin Luther Coon will get his ass fired. Whether it was intentional or not

Are you going to answer the question or not? Do you at least acknowledge the possibility that it was an innocent flub?

And you don't know that he did it deliberately. You want to believe it was deliberate because racism is part of your agenda.

I believe it because to claim it was a slip of the tongue is not credible
King does not become Coon unless you routinely make that substitution

Bullshit, that's an opinion. One slip rolls off the tongue no easier and no harder than any other. A slip is a slip.

I made a flub once at a Golden Corral where I was perusing the steak menu and they had various cuts of sirloins and ribeyes. After I made my choice I promptly asked for the 16 oz. "sirbeye". It rolled off my tongue just as easily as this one did. You know damn well you have done it yourself so don't insult our intelligence by pretending you never have.

The fact remains it may have been a flub. As the accusers, you and the others have yet to provide anything but conjecture and opinion. Not one of you has provided evidence or a convincing argument other than the fact the word sounded like "coon". You have yet to provide evidence of malice or intent and in fact, none of you knows a fucking thing about this guy.
So it is a matter of opinion whether it was an accident or a common substitution to mock King

It is a matter of opinion that it was no accident just because racists use it as a common substitution to mock King. One doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the other. Again, you simply do not know.

You're only considering factors that fit your preconceived notion that it was deliberate. You're ignoring the fact that people flub their words every day. In fact, I am the only one here who has considered it or even brought it up.

This is not a simple case of someone saying "The shitty should..." instead of "The city should..." and everyone having a good laugh. A man's job was at stake.

It is something the viewers would have to decide. A case where a large percentage of viewers would look at him as a racist every time he is on camera

And a large percentage of viewers could be wrong. If we didn't have the atmosphere of racism paranoia in this country right now, that same large percentage of viewers might have just laughed it off.

The network decided they didn’t want to put up with it

Put up with what? Did this guy have a history or reputation of racism? Have they had any kinds of problems with him before? If not then the station panicked and bowed to the paranoids. That's it.

I don't remember if I asked you but I know I have asked this question a few times already in this discussion and not one person has answered it. Question: Do you at least acknowledge the possibility that it was an innocent flub?
Who said it was deliberate? Now you’re making shit up.

Your saying that it slipped out because he says it all the time is making shit up. So don't give me shit about making shit up. Shithead.

That's the long and short of it. Period/End of story.

And that is wrong. It's a very sad commentary on our society that people are fired for tripping over their words. MLK was a conservative Christian, but these days he's a prop and a useful tool for the race hustlers that use the power of political correctness as a tool to punish and ruin the lives of innocent people. Congratulations.

It is Conservative Christians calling him coon
Now you're simply lying. Conservative Christians ran the underground railroad to help runaway slaves and were against slavery in this country. You're just a plain idiot.

Liberal Christians led the abolitionist movement[/QUOTE]
Lie. You're not a history student. You're a propaganda parrot for the democrat party. It was conservative bible believers that led the abolitionist movement.

And that is wrong. It's a very sad commentary on our society that people are fired for tripping over their words. MLK was a conservative Christian, but these days he's a prop and a useful tool for the race hustlers that use the power of political correctness as a tool to punish and ruin the lives of innocent people. Congratulations.

Now you're simply lying. Conservative Christians ran the underground railroad to help runaway slaves and were against slavery in this country. You're just a plain idiot.

Liberal Christians led the abolitionist movement
Lie. You're not a history student. You're a propaganda parrot for the democrat party. It was conservative bible believers that led the abolitionist movement.[/QUOTE]
Of course you don't have a rebuttal because it's the truth. Liberal Christians don't believe there is such a thing as "sin". Conservative Christian abolitionists believed slavery was "sin". The liberal Christians were the slave owners. Idiot.

The previous word was "Luther" and the following word was "King". It seems clear to me that it was a simple twist of the tongue, i.e., accidentally putting the two together: "Koong". It's like trying to say "Toy boat" three times fast.
Great, here's an exercise to expose your nuttiness.....

Out loud, repeat, "Martin Luther King," three times fast ..... see if "coon" slips out.

Moron.

I could say it a hundred times right now and it may not come out and then it may happen a year from now only saying it once. It only takes one time. Unless you're trying to claim that it could never happen then your point is moot. Use your head for something besides an Antifa hat rack for fuck's sake.
It would never slip out, no matter how many times you repeated it, because it’s not something you ever said.

I had never said "sirbye" before either (the story I related earlier about deciding between a sirloin or ribeye steak) but it popped right out of my mouth anyway.

People don't flub their words because they say a particular phrase all the time or deliberately. It just happens. Again, use your fucking head.

You spouted gibberish

Coon is not gibberish

Your spelling of the word is unilateral. He could have been running "King" and "Junior" together, which is exactly what he said happened. He may have been about to say "Kunior".

A powerful lesson in teaching, and perpetuating RACISM, and to HATE Whitey.
I don't want black people to hate white people. I want black people to stop loving them.

Believe or not black people many other non white people LOVE white people. They can't get enough of white people.
It continues the false narrative, and perception that only Whites are racist against Blacks in the U.S.
The only negative think black people can do to white people without being severely punished is call them a name
It is holding back younger Black people as they buy into the victimhood mentality of some of the Black Community and use it as an excuse to NOT EVEN TRY.
Dude. When you get in the car, you put a seat-belt on. No one would say "Don't put that seat-belt on because your being a victim"

Same with racism. Racism is not going anywhere fast. So protecting yourself against it isn't acting like a victim

Lie. You're not a history student. You're a propaganda parrot for the democrat party. It was conservative bible believers that led the abolitionist movement.
Of course you don't have a rebuttal because it's the truth. Liberal Christians don't believe there is such a thing as "sin". Conservative Christian abolitionists believed slavery was "sin". The liberal Christians were the slave owners. Idiot.[/QUOTE]

Revisionist history

Tell us again now how MLK was a Republican

Something else for those talking about the court of public opinion to remember:

The court of public opinion in this country dictated at one time that blacks were lesser human beings and did not deserve the same rights. In fact, it is the vestige of the very public opinion that you are crusading against here today.

The court of public opinion in 1930s Germany dictated that Jews were evil parasites that needed to be exterminated.

The court of public opinion in Iran and other Muslim countries is that Israel should be wiped off the map.

The court of public opinion today is that conservatives are racist by mere virtue of being conservative.

The court of public opinion is not always right or just.

[/QUOTE]

You say "...whether it was intentional or not." So are you allowing that it may not have been intentional? Do you at least acknowledge the possibility that it was an innocent flub?

You guys keep evading the issue. You keep bringing up that he was fired and that the station had every right to do so as if this is proof of guilt. None of you have acknowledged the possibility that he is not.

You say "...whether it was intentional or not." So are you allowing that it may not have been intentional? Do you at least acknowledge the possibility that it was an innocent flub?

You guys keep evading the issue. You keep bringing up that he was fired and that the station had every right to do so as if this is proof of guilt. None of you have acknowledged the possibility that he is not.[/QUOTE]

We have no way of knowing what was in his heart.....all we know is what came out of his mouth

Of course you don't have a rebuttal because it's the truth. Liberal Christians don't believe there is such a thing as "sin". Conservative Christian abolitionists believed slavery was "sin". The liberal Christians were the slave owners. Idiot.

Revisionist history

Tell us again now how MLK was a Republican[/QUOTE]
I said his Father was a registered Republican. MLK wasn't registered with any political party. Cindy Rice's father was a registered Republican because Democrats refused to allow him to register. You really should study some American history instead of reading leftist propaganda. Idiot.

You guys keep evading the issue. You keep bringing up that he was fired and that the station had every right to do so as if this is proof of guilt. None of you have acknowledged the possibility that he is not.

We have no way of knowing what was in his heart.....all we know is what came out of his mouth[/QUOTE]

First of all, by saying he is racist then you are, in fact, assuming you know what's in his heart. Furthermore, you are doing so based only on what came out of his mouth and nothing else because you don't know anything else.

Secondly, that's not what I asked. Everybody knows what came out of his mouth, that's not the issue. The issue is whether or not it was intentional or an accidental slip of what he usually says behind closed doors. So, do you at least acknowledge the possibility that it was an innocent flub?

We have no way of knowing what was in his heart.....all we know is what came out of his mouth

First of all, by saying he is racist then you are, in fact, assuming you know what's in his heart. Furthermore, you are doing so based only on what came out of his mouth and nothing else because you don't know anything else.

Secondly, that's not what I asked. Everybody knows what came out of his mouth, that's not the issue. The issue is whether or not it was intentional or an accidental slip of what he usually says behind closed doors. So, do you at least acknowledge the possibility that it was an innocent flub?[/QUOTE]

Can apply to any transgression
Do we really know what was in Charley Manson’s mind?

Secondly, that's not what I asked. Everybody knows what came out of his mouth, that's not the issue. The issue is whether or not it was intentional or an accidental slip of what he usually says behind closed doors. So, do you at least acknowledge the possibility that it was an innocent flub?

Can apply to any transgression
Do we really know what was in Charley Manson’s mind?[/QUOTE]

Don't try to turn this into a discussion on psychology or some such. Manson's actions were not accidental slip ups. This case could be.

So once again: Do you at least acknowledge the possibility that it was an innocent flub?

Forum List

Back