Weatherman Fired for slip of the tongue

The weatherman is a John Bircher? You're insane.
How so? When I first heard this insult in the 1960s, it came from the Birchers. Otherwise, where did this guy get it? The rest of us pronounced MLK's name properly, both before and after his murder.
It was a slip of the tongue. This guy was probably born in the late 80s or early 90s. He never even heard the term before.

I still see it on this message board every MLK day. Some posters think it is clever
No, you don't see it hear. You hear it in your head. Racists see racism everywhere but in them
Bullshit, that's an opinion. One slip rolls off the tongue no easier and no harder than any other. A slip is a slip.

I made a flub once at a Golden Corral where I was perusing the steak menu and they had various cuts of sirloins and ribeyes. After I made my choice I promptly asked for the 16 oz. "sirbeye". It rolled off my tongue just as easily as this one did. You know damn well you have done it yourself so don't insult our intelligence by pretending you never have.

The fact remains it may have been a flub. As the accusers, you and the others have yet to provide anything but conjecture and opinion. Not one of you has provided evidence or a convincing argument other than the fact the word sounded like "coon". You have yet to provide evidence of malice or intent and in fact, none of you knows a fucking thing about this guy.
So it is a matter of opinion whether it was an accident or a common substitution to mock King

It is something the viewers would have to decide. A case where a large percentage of viewers would look at him as a racist every time he is on camera

The network decided they didn’t want to put up with it
Then give the weatherman a break, you dumb ass.
Why should I give a racist a break? :dunno:
You give Obama a break and he's a racist. Hypocritical ass.
LOLOL

Dumbfuck, there’s nothing racist about saying there are 60 states. :eusa_doh:
60 states???? Where did you get that number, you moron. Damn, you're the dumbest piece of shit lefty on this site. You're not worth my time.

Yes, when posters post Martin Luther Coon Day....I call them racist

You won’t call anyone a racist unless they lynch a black man
Al Roker is obviously a racist, huh. You fucking idiot.
Al Roker defends the meteorologist who was fired for a racist slur

How sick is this? Is this really what we've come down to? Shame on the station managers.
New York meteorologist fired after using racial slur on air
You miss the point

His slur is not the issue.

The issue is that his slurs takes place against a backdrop of systemic and institutional racism. And that backdrop of housing and job discrimination, racial profiling, unequal health care access, and a media that regularly presents blacks in the worst possible light makes racial slurs, even if relatively minor, take on a different meaning.

And for you who may change the subject to slurs used against whites like honky or cracker

Please note.

It's precisely the lack of any potent, institutional force to back up those words, which makes them so much easier for whites to shrug off.

But black people are well aware that the slurs used against us, particularly when verbalized by whites are the tip of the iceberg

Any evidence that Blacks in today's society are in any disadvantage Institutionally as in comparison to many much wealthier & more educated groups like Asian Indians, Chinese, Jews, Italians, Lebanese, Poles, Koreans, Japanese, Irish Catholics, Russians, Pakistanis, Iranians etc. etc.

No matter what you think of MLK as a person due to his personal life, political beliefs, etc his message was a good one. PEACEFUL protest, and legal, civil disobedience. Character overrides skin color, race, ethnicity, religion, etc. It was a positive message that the Black Community should embrace today.
TU013D.jpg

How so? When I first heard this insult in the 1960s, it came from the Birchers. Otherwise, where did this guy get it? The rest of us pronounced MLK's name properly, both before and after his murder.
It was a slip of the tongue. This guy was probably born in the late 80s or early 90s. He never even heard the term before.

I still see it on this message board every MLK day. Some posters think it is clever
No, you don't see it hear. You hear it in your head. Racists see racism everywhere but in them
So it is a matter of opinion whether it was an accident or a common substitution to mock King

It is something the viewers would have to decide. A case where a large percentage of viewers would look at him as a racist every time he is on camera

Why should I give a racist a break? :dunno:
LOLOL

60 states???? Where did you get that number, you moron. Damn, you're the dumbest piece of shit lefty on this site. You're not worth my time.

He is entitled to his opinion
Viewers in Rochester are entitled to their opinion. If they refuse to watch a news show because the weatherman is racist.....then the network has to deal with it

But you don't know that, do you?

And you don’t know if it was an honest mistake
And you don't know that he did it deliberately. You want to believe it was deliberate because racism is part of your agenda.

I believe it because to claim it was a slip of the tongue is not credible
King does not become Coon unless you routinely make that substitution

Bullshit, that's an opinion. One slip rolls off the tongue no easier and no harder than any other. A slip is a slip.

I made a flub once at a Golden Corral where I was perusing the steak menu and they had various cuts of sirloins and ribeyes. After I made my choice I promptly asked for the 16 oz. "sirbeye". It rolled off my tongue just as easily as this one did. You know damn well you have done it yourself so don't insult our intelligence by pretending you never have.

The fact remains it may have been a flub. As the accusers, you and the others have yet to provide anything but conjecture and opinion. Not one of you has provided evidence or a convincing argument other than the fact the word sounded like "coon". You have yet to provide evidence of malice or intent and in fact, none of you knows a fucking thing about this guy.

It is a matter of opinion that it was no accident just because racists use it as a common substitution to mock King. One doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the other. Again, you simply do not know.

You're only considering factors that fit your preconceived notion that it was deliberate. You're ignoring the fact that people flub their words every day. In fact, I am the only one here who has considered it or even brought it up.

This is not a simple case of someone saying "The shitty should..." instead of "The city should..." and everyone having a good laugh. A man's job was at stake.

And a large percentage of viewers could be wrong. If we didn't have the atmosphere of racism paranoia in this country right now, that same large percentage of viewers might have just laughed it off.

Put up with what? Did this guy have a history or reputation of racism? Have they had any kinds of problems with him before? If not then the station panicked and bowed to the paranoids. That's it.

I don't remember if I asked you but I know I have asked this question a few times already in this discussion and not one person has answered it. Question: Do you at least acknowledge the possibility that it was an innocent flub?

LOLOL

Viewers in Rochester are entitled to their opinion. If they refuse to watch a news show because the weatherman is racist.....then the network has to deal with it
They haven't refused to watch the weather program. Did you read the entire thing? He wasn't fired because of loss of ratings. He was fired for a slip of the tongue. The pressure from politically correct loons like you and others got him fired.

And you don't know that he did it deliberately. You want to believe it was deliberate because racism is part of your agenda.

It is a matter of opinion that it was no accident just because racists use it as a common substitution to mock King. One doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the other. Again, you simply do not know.

You're only considering factors that fit your preconceived notion that it was deliberate. You're ignoring the fact that people flub their words every day. In fact, I am the only one here who has considered it or even brought it up.

This is not a simple case of someone saying "The shitty should..." instead of "The city should..." and everyone having a good laugh. A man's job was at stake.

And a large percentage of viewers could be wrong. If we didn't have the atmosphere of racism paranoia in this country right now, that same large percentage of viewers might have just laughed it off.

Put up with what? Did this guy have a history or reputation of racism? Have they had any kinds of problems with him before? If not then the station panicked and bowed to the paranoids. That's it.

I don't remember if I asked you but I know I have asked this question a few times already in this discussion and not one person has answered it. Question: Do you at least acknowledge the possibility that it was an innocent flub?

Many news people have been fired for what they say on the air. Some fair, some not

Any newsman who says Martin Luther Coon will get his ass fired. Whether it was intentional or not

LOLOL

They haven't refused to watch the weather program. Did you read the entire thing? He wasn't fired because of loss of ratings. He was fired for a slip of the tongue. The pressure from politically correct loons like you and others got him fired.
There was a public outlash against what he said.
Rule Number One in being employed in any field is.......You don’t embarrass your boss

This guy did

Many news people have been fired for what they say on the air. Some fair, some not

Any newsman who says Martin Luther Coon will get his ass fired. Whether it was intentional or not
Cuss words are another big no-no...

Who said it was deliberate? Now you’re making shit up.

:aargh::auiqs.jpg: I never would have thought of it, but a long-time friend of mine came up with:

Da Hizonorable Reverend Docta Martin Lutha McCoon Juniah! :auiqs.jpg:

In all reality, I wish the man was never assassinated, and greatly appreciate the work he and thousands (millions?) of others put in.

Dat name, though! :auiqs.jpg: Try it in a Jackie-Gleason voice.

On Air? Yeah, don't do that. The guy should have been fired.

And that's wrong. When people's career is destroyed for a mistake in speech it's a sad commentary on our society. Political correctness run amok.

Forum List

Back