Weatherman Fired for slip of the tongue

Seems like it was a phrase he was used to saying

But you don't know that, do you?

And you don’t know if it was an honest mistake
And you don't know that he did it deliberately. You want to believe it was deliberate because racism is part of your agenda.

I believe it because to claim it was a slip of the tongue is not credible
King does not become Coon unless you routinely make that substitution

Bullshit, that's an opinion. One slip rolls off the tongue no easier and no harder than any other. A slip is a slip.

I made a flub once at a Golden Corral where I was perusing the steak menu and they had various cuts of sirloins and ribeyes. After I made my choice I promptly asked for the 16 oz. "sirbeye". It rolled off my tongue just as easily as this one did. You know damn well you have done it yourself so don't insult our intelligence by pretending you never have.

The fact remains it may have been a flub. As the accusers, you and the others have yet to provide anything but conjecture and opinion. Not one of you has provided evidence or a convincing argument other than the fact the word sounded like "coon". You have yet to provide evidence of malice or intent and in fact, none of you knows a fucking thing about this guy.
So it is a matter of opinion whether it was an accident or a common substitution to mock King

It is something the viewers would have to decide. A case where a large percentage of viewers would look at him as a racist every time he is on camera

The network decided they didn’t want to put up with it

One of my late relatives fell in with the John Birchers decades ago. He mentioned "Martin Luther Coon" in my presence a lot!This was no "slip of the tongue." There is something going on with this guy. Fired? GOOD.
"John Birchers". I had almost forgotten about those miscreants.
Remember that the father of the Koch brothers was active in forming the John Birchers, who did popularize the insult "Martin Luther Coon" back in the '60's, when I first heard it. This isn't any innocent slip of the tongue.
The weatherman is a John Bircher? You're insane.
How so? When I first heard this insult in the 1960s, it came from the Birchers. Otherwise, where did this guy get it? The rest of us pronounced MLK's name properly, both before and after his murder.
It was a slip of the tongue. This guy was probably born in the late 80s or early 90s. He never even heard the term before.

I still see it on this message board every MLK day. Some posters think it is clever

I have not heard the tape

But I have heard people say Martin Luther Coon
It did not appear to be a slip of the tongue

It doesn't mean that it wasn't.

By the way, until this discussion I had never heard of the "Martin Luther Coon" slur. So if I, at 55 years of age, have never even heard of it, isn't possible that this guy, who is probably twenty years my junior, had never heard of it either and that maybe, just maybe, it was an honest slip? Is there any possibility in your mind that this might be the case?
Great, how many times have you said, "Martin Luther coon?"

Did you not read what I just said?
Of course, which means you never said it. He did. Which means it's an expression he's heard, even though you didn't. And it just rolled off his tongue like he always says it.

I say you're wrong and he didn't, so what?
So he remains fired.

No need to withhold judgement. This isn't a court of law. It's a court of public opinion. And in my opinion, that's how he typically refers to MLK Jr. when speaking his name.

So you're willing to jump on the merry bandwagon of kangaroo justice warriors and condemn this guy based on an opinion?
Yes. Exactly what do you think this forum is? A court of law?

You're condemning this guy as racist based on an opinion.

Since the slightest thing can get you fired these days for being perceived as racism, don't you think we should take more care in leveling that sort of accusation?

The simple fact is: This guy could very well be innocent of the accusation of racism and it may very well have been a slip. This possibility remains regardless of your personal opinion. So, if he is in fact innocent, the atmosphere of racism paranoia that people like you have created in this country may have resulted in a man losing his job over a common linguistic flub. Give yourselves a hand.
The guy said, "Martin Luther coon." Why should anyone give such a slip a benefit of a doubt? That's not something that just slips off the tongue unless it's been used before.

Opinion. You are not a linguist or a phonetician or a speech expert so this is pure conjecture on your part. You do not have training or education in these fields to make the determination that this is not something that just slips off the tongue unless it's been used before.
Nope, he said “Martin Luther coon.” That’s racist.The station was right to fire him.

Dayum, I must've bitch-slapped you harder than I thought in the past. Oh well, regardless, the fired racist weatherman got what he deserved.
You bitch slapped yourself when you lied about Odumbo being half asleep when he said he had visited 57 states.
It was no lie. He was.

Even Karl Rove said so...

ROVE: When you run an exhausting campaign like this, you know, you can certainly give him a break.

Obama: Uncle Helped Liberate Auschwitz
That has nothing to do with Obama saying he visited 57 states. You're a lying moron.
What a shame you didn't click on the link....

ROVE: Yes, 57 states. And you know, you're right.

HANNITY: Yes, 57 states.

ROVE: When you run an exhausting campaign like this, you know, you can certainly give him a break.​
Then give the weatherman a break, you dumb ass.
Why should I give a racist a break? :dunno:

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The previous word was "Luther" and the following word was "King". It seems clear to me that it was a simple twist of the tongue, i.e., accidentally putting the two together: "Koong". It's like trying to say "Toy boat" three times fast.
Great, here's an exercise to expose your nuttiness.....

Out loud, repeat, "Martin Luther King," three times fast ..... see if "coon" slips out.

Moron.

I could say it a hundred times right now and it may not come out and then it may happen a year from now only saying it once. It only takes one time. Unless you're trying to claim that it could never happen then your point is moot. Use your head for something besides an Antifa hat rack for fuck's sake.
It would never slip out, no matter how many times you repeated it, because it’s not something you ever said.

One of my late relatives fell in with the John Birchers decades ago. He mentioned "Martin Luther Coon" in my presence a lot!This was no "slip of the tongue." There is something going on with this guy. Fired? GOOD.
Remember that the father of the Koch brothers was active in forming the John Birchers, who did popularize the insult "Martin Luther Coon" back in the '60's, when I first heard it. This isn't any innocent slip of the tongue.
How so? When I first heard this insult in the 1960s, it came from the Birchers. Otherwise, where did this guy get it? The rest of us pronounced MLK's name properly, both before and after his murder.
It was a slip of the tongue. This guy was probably born in the late 80s or early 90s. He never even heard the term before.
Notice how it’s always the right sticking up for racists. </rhetorical>

I still see it on this message board every MLK day. Some posters think it is clever
Some people are insane. I first heard it from my relative back in the 1960s, and he was affilliated with the John Birch Society. I was a little kid in school when the principal went on the loudspeaker to announce MLK's murder. Some people simply want to re-write history.I am just one person, but I will not allow this to happen.

But you don't know that, do you?

And you don't know that he did it deliberately. You want to believe it was deliberate because racism is part of your agenda.

Bullshit, that's an opinion. One slip rolls off the tongue no easier and no harder than any other. A slip is a slip.

I made a flub once at a Golden Corral where I was perusing the steak menu and they had various cuts of sirloins and ribeyes. After I made my choice I promptly asked for the 16 oz. "sirbeye". It rolled off my tongue just as easily as this one did. You know damn well you have done it yourself so don't insult our intelligence by pretending you never have.

The fact remains it may have been a flub. As the accusers, you and the others have yet to provide anything but conjecture and opinion. Not one of you has provided evidence or a convincing argument other than the fact the word sounded like "coon". You have yet to provide evidence of malice or intent and in fact, none of you knows a fucking thing about this guy.
So it is a matter of opinion whether it was an accident or a common substitution to mock King

It is something the viewers would have to decide. A case where a large percentage of viewers would look at him as a racist every time he is on camera

You bitch slapped yourself when you lied about Odumbo being half asleep when he said he had visited 57 states.
It was no lie. He was.

ROVE: When you run an exhausting campaign like this, you know, you can certainly give him a break.

That has nothing to do with Obama saying he visited 57 states. You're a lying moron.

ROVE: When you run an exhausting campaign like this, you know, you can certainly give him a break.​
You give Obama a break and he's a racist. Hypocritical ass.

Notice how it’s always the right sticking up for racists. </rhetorical>
Everyone with common sense is a racist these days.

No, you don't see it hear. You hear it in your head. Race hustlers see racism everywhere but in themselves. You and your two fellow jackals are race hustlers.

So basically you want to perpetuate your own victimhood
To tell my nieces and nephews that they can be anything they want to be if they try hard enough is nice, but unless I warn them about the obstacles in their path. I’m ill-suiting them for the real world.

Downplaying racism backfires. If a person is led to believe that there are no obstacles in their way. They may overestimate the extent to which white people will recognize their hard work. On the other hand, by discussing those obstacles black people who are the targets of racism can steel ourselves against the headwinds in our way.

White people in here are always talking about how they are victims of taxes, big government, immigrants, reverse discrimination, “radical Islam,” you name it.

Whites loves victimhood, so long as they’re the ones who get to choose which victims count.
instead of rising up
Black are rising up all the time.

We have to

We have enough experience with the system of white supremacy to know that it has never done much to improve our situation

But I see very little self-reflection in the white community. Rarely do you spend time dealing with your own racism which only you have any control over, since the folks doing the discriminating are white like you.

And of course rising up from being bought and sold, to raped, to having fingers cut off for learning to read, to being lynched, or relegated to the lowest-rung jobs and living in the poorest neighborhoods means for nothing. Right ?

Does not surviving the concerted attempt to destroy or at least subjugate one’s people say something about the character of those who manage the feat ? Does not leading a struggle for freedom, and the advancement of human dignity not suggest that the persons in question have made a substantial contribution to the nation in which they live, and indeed the world ?

Since when has survival been seen as such an unimpressive accomplishment?

This, in a nation that has made surviving a few weeks on an island with television cameras and emergency medical assistance at the ready something for which the last person standing should be rewarded one million dollars.
on your own to be better human beings, and contribute to society in a positive manner.
Well we have seen how whites have reacted to when black people have tried to become better humans and contribute to society in the past

Even when black people are nowhere near whites, whites still aren’t satisfied.

Rosewood in the early part of the last century.

rosewood_florida_rc12408.jpg

A black community working and thriving and living independent of whites and taking care of their own affairs, yet was burned to the ground by white supremacists.

Black degradation is essential in a system of white supremacy.

That's why the likes of Godboy and others kill me with that "It's black culture" lie

Not to mention Bruce’s Beach, Black Wall Street, Bronzeville in Chicago and Black Baltimore during the days of sailing ships all show a pattern of White officials making extraordinary efforts to cut Black business development off at the knees.

Thriving Black business districts and strong Black communities would expose the lie at the heart of White Supremacy ideology.

Look at the Tulsa Riot in the early part of the last century.

TU013D.jpg

TU013D.jpg

Same again. Thriving black community. Blew up by white people with the aid of the US government. When you talk about Black economic empowerment, development and self improvement. It is not as if Black people have not shown themselves to be more than capable of achieving this. The fact is black people have always been prevented.

This aspect does not only apply to America it applies on a global scale too. Its not just Black communities which have been prevented from organically growing and developing. Its countries and states too.

Growth of ones own community can no longer be considered in isolation it has to be within an agreed shard global structure which includes everyone. While the ideology and controlling structure of white supremacy remains firmly in place restrictions will ultimately always apply.

Its no different to slaves growing their own independent business on the plantation. Sooner or later if its successful the master will want a cut of any of the profits or control of it. Eventually either dominating it completely, eliminating it to avoid unfavorable competition or even having it challenge the plantation slave institution itself.
POWERFUL!!!!

giphy.gif

It was no lie. He was.

LOLOL

Dumbfuck, there’s nothing racist about saying there are 60 states. :eusa_doh:

To tell my nieces and nephews that they can be anything they want to be if they try hard enough is nice, but unless I warn them about the obstacles in their path. I’m ill-suiting them for the real world.

Downplaying racism backfires. If a person is led to believe that there are no obstacles in their way. They may overestimate the extent to which white people will recognize their hard work. On the other hand, by discussing those obstacles black people who are the targets of racism can steel ourselves against the headwinds in our way.

White people in here are always talking about how they are victims of taxes, big government, immigrants, reverse discrimination, “radical Islam,” you name it.

Whites loves victimhood, so long as they’re the ones who get to choose which victims count.
instead of rising up

We have to

We have enough experience with the system of white supremacy to know that it has never done much to improve our situation

But I see very little self-reflection in the white community. Rarely do you spend time dealing with your own racism which only you have any control over, since the folks doing the discriminating are white like you.

And of course rising up from being bought and sold, to raped, to having fingers cut off for learning to read, to being lynched, or relegated to the lowest-rung jobs and living in the poorest neighborhoods means for nothing. Right ?

Does not surviving the concerted attempt to destroy or at least subjugate one’s people say something about the character of those who manage the feat ? Does not leading a struggle for freedom, and the advancement of human dignity not suggest that the persons in question have made a substantial contribution to the nation in which they live, and indeed the world ?

This, in a nation that has made surviving a few weeks on an island with television cameras and emergency medical assistance at the ready something for which the last person standing should be rewarded one million dollars.
on your own to be better human beings, and contribute to society in a positive manner.
Well we have seen how whites have reacted to when black people have tried to become better humans and contribute to society in the past

A black community working and thriving and living independent of whites and taking care of their own affairs, yet was burned to the ground by white supremacists.

That's why the likes of Godboy and others kill me with that "It's black culture" lie

Not to mention Bruce’s Beach, Black Wall Street, Bronzeville in Chicago and Black Baltimore during the days of sailing ships all show a pattern of White officials making extraordinary efforts to cut Black business development off at the knees.

Thriving Black business districts and strong Black communities would expose the lie at the heart of White Supremacy ideology.

TU013D.jpg

TU013D.jpg

Same again. Thriving black community. Blew up by white people with the aid of the US government. When you talk about Black economic empowerment, development and self improvement. It is not as if Black people have not shown themselves to be more than capable of achieving this. The fact is black people have always been prevented.

This aspect does not only apply to America it applies on a global scale too. Its not just Black communities which have been prevented from organically growing and developing. Its countries and states too.

Growth of ones own community can no longer be considered in isolation it has to be within an agreed shard global structure which includes everyone. While the ideology and controlling structure of white supremacy remains firmly in place restrictions will ultimately always apply.

Its no different to slaves growing their own independent business on the plantation. Sooner or later if its successful the master will want a cut of any of the profits or control of it. Eventually either dominating it completely, eliminating it to avoid unfavorable competition or even having it challenge the plantation slave institution itself.
POWERFUL!!!!

A powerful lesson in teaching, and perpetuating RACISM, and to HATE Whitey. It continues the false narrative, and perception that only Whites are racist against Blacks in the U.S. It is holding back younger Black people as they buy into the victimhood mentality of some of the Black Community and use it as an excuse to NOT EVEN TRY.

You BOTH should be ashamed for holding people back.

No, you don't see it hear. You hear it in your head. Racists see racism everywhere but in them

LOLOL

60 states???? Where did you get that number, you moron. Damn, you're the dumbest piece of shit lefty on this site. You're not worth my time.

It was no lie. He was.

<sob>. But.....But.....OBAMA!

No, Obama is not a racist

instead of rising up

We have to

TU013D.jpg

TU013D.jpg

POWERFUL!!!!

giphy.gif
Meanwhile, any black citizen that dares to vote republican or dare to have a conservative thought is labeled an "Uncle Tom, House N - - - - r", etc, etc. You lefty racist trash are sooooo tolerant, huh.

While, it might be Prejudiced & Insulting to make fun of Martin Luther King, as Martin Luther C()()N.

Quite frankly, none of you Liberal f*cktards, ever cared about the Prejudices against Poles, like calling people Dumb Polak on TV, or just as bad blaming Polish victims of the Holocaust, as Perptrators of the Holocaust.

Therefor I don't care about furthering the Goals of Political correctness.

Either display fairness among different races & ethnics concerning prejudices, or shut the f*ck up.

No, you don't see it hear. You hear it in your head. Racists see racism everywhere but in them

LOLOL

60 states???? Where did you get that number, you moron. Damn, you're the dumbest piece of shit lefty on this site. You're not worth my time.

Yes, when posters post Martin Luther Coon Day....I call them racist

You won’t call anyone a racist unless they lynch a black man

White supremacists don't get fired. They get transferred.

That's all that will happen to him. He'll be fine. Some other channel will pick him up

He'll be fine.

The thing is if he's says shit like this at work on air, just imagine how he talks off air ?

It's like when Hank Williams talked shit about Obama but then he got called back
Or the official who called Michelle Obama and "ape" she got her job back

So now he's a white supremacist?
I suspect that he is. Why ? Because I can't prove it.

You suspect he's a white supremacist because you can't prove it? If you were falsely accused of murder, is this how you would want the authorities to approach your case?

So because there is no master list of who is and isn't a white supremacist then I'm duty bound to suspect all white people.

Are you duty bound to be racist?
What does a white person have to do for them to be a white supremacist ?

Apparently far less has to be done, like say "I like the color White" WHITE Supremacist!!
As opposed to a Black like you saying something like "White history is evil" Claps, hurray it's the truth!!

Forum List

Back