Weatherman Fired for slip of the tongue

I have not heard the tape

But I have heard people say Martin Luther Coon
It did not appear to be a slip of the tongue

It doesn't mean that it wasn't.

By the way, until this discussion I had never heard of the "Martin Luther Coon" slur. So if I, at 55 years of age, have never even heard of it, isn't possible that this guy, who is probably twenty years my junior, had never heard of it either and that maybe, just maybe, it was an honest slip? Is there any possibility in your mind that this might be the case?

Seems to be a huge difference between coon and king and not simply that he "jumbled a couple of words."

The previous word was "Luther" and the following word was "King". It seems clear to me that it was a simple twist of the tongue, i.e., accidentally putting the two together: "Koong". It's like trying to say "Toy boat" three times fast.

So now we're at the stage in this country where people like BillyBloom judge all conservatives as racist by mere virtue of being conservative and people get fired for pronouncing a word incorrectly. And liberals and Democrats say we're being paranoid.
Let me try....

Toy boat, Toy boat, Toy Coon

Yea, happens all the time

Are you fucking kidding me? I used that as an example of a tongue twister. In no way did I suggest that one could get "coon" from the toy boat twister for Christ's sake.

I seem to get toy boat no matter how many times I say it

I don't know what point you're trying to make but you know as well as I do that "toy boat" is a classic tongue twister along with Peter Piper and the one with the woodchuck chucking wood. I've known about them since I was a kid. Don't be an idiot.
Shit, "Martin Luther King" is not a tongue twister.

2s0blvo.jpg

By the way, until this discussion I had never heard of the "Martin Luther Coon" slur. So if I, at 55 years of age, have never even heard of it, isn't possible that this guy, who is probably twenty years my junior, had never heard of it either and that maybe, just maybe, it was an honest slip? Is there any possibility in your mind that this might be the case?
Great, how many times have you said, "Martin Luther coon?"

Maybe, maybe not. But at what point are businesses going to stop bowing to these paranoids and stand behind their employees if they feel the employee is innocent? At what point are people in general going to stand for the established principle of innocent until proven guilty? At what point are people going to stop ruining lives and careers over perceived slights without the benefit of at least an inquiry or an investigation??
At what point are you going to ACCEPT the actions that a PRIVATE company has taken Aryan?

What? I haven't said a thing about the company firing him.

Seems to be a huge difference between coon and king and not simply that he "jumbled a couple of words."

The previous word was "Luther" and the following word was "King". It seems clear to me that it was a simple twist of the tongue, i.e., accidentally putting the two together: "Koong". It's like trying to say "Toy boat" three times fast.

So now we're at the stage in this country where people like BillyBloom judge all conservatives as racist by mere virtue of being conservative and people get fired for pronouncing a word incorrectly. And liberals and Democrats say we're being paranoid.
Let me try....

Are you fucking kidding me? I used that as an example of a tongue twister. In no way did I suggest that one could get "coon" from the toy boat twister for Christ's sake.

I don't know what point you're trying to make but you know as well as I do that "toy boat" is a classic tongue twister along with Peter Piper and the one with the woodchuck chucking wood. I've known about them since I was a kid. Don't be an idiot.

Martin Luther King is not a tongue twister unless you are in the practice of saying Martin Luther Coon

Let me try....

2s0blvo.jpg

I didn't say it was. Nice try.

People flub normal sentences every day and you know this. I know you have and I know every person on this board has done it before. You and almost everyone else here want to crucify this guy for doing something every one of us does every fucking day. Congratulations.

Did you not read what I just said?

Let me try....

Martin Luther King is not a tongue twister unless you are in the practice of saying Martin Luther Coon

Do you know that he is?

Seems to me it slipped out so casually, that’s possibly how he normally refers to Martin Luther King Jr..

Seems to me we should withhold judgment until we know more about him and the case.
No need to withhold judgement. This isn't a court of law. It's a court of public opinion. And in my opinion, that's how he typically refers to MLK Jr. when speaking his name.
Seems like it was a phrase he was used to saying

But you don't know that, do you?

Let me try....

2s0blvo.jpg

People flub normal sentences every day and you know this. I know you have and I know every person on this board has done it before. You and almost everyone else here want to crucify this guy for doing something every one of us does every fucking day. Congratulations.
Faun: "Shit, "Martin Luther King" is not a tongue twister."

Ghost of a Rider: "I didn't say it was. Nice try."

The hell you didn't...

Did you not read what I just said?
Of course, which means you never said it. He did. Which means it's an expression he's heard, even though you didn't. And it just rolled off his tongue like he always says it.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Seems to me it slipped out so casually, that’s possibly how he normally refers to Martin Luther King Jr..

Seems to me we should withhold judgment until we know more about him and the case.
No need to withhold judgement. This isn't a court of law. It's a court of public opinion. And in my opinion, that's how he typically refers to MLK Jr. when speaking his name.

So you're willing to jump on the merry bandwagon of kangaroo justice warriors and condemn this guy based on an opinion?
Yes. Exactly what do you think this forum is? A court of law?

You're condemning this guy as racist based on an opinion.

Since the slightest thing can get you fired these days for being perceived as racism, don't you think we should take more care in leveling that sort of accusation?

The simple fact is: This guy could very well be innocent of the accusation of racism and it may very well have been a slip. This possibility remains regardless of your personal opinion. So, if he is in fact innocent, the atmosphere of racism paranoia that people like you have created in this country may have resulted in a man losing his job over a common linguistic flub. Give yourselves a hand.

2s0blvo.jpg

The hell you didn't...
Read it again dumbass. I did not say that "Martin Luther King" is a tongue twister. I said that what happened was a twist of the tongue like what happens when you do the toy boat tongue twister. A phrase does not have to be a tongue twister to get twisted. Everybody has done it with normal phrases. Jesus fucking Christ.

So you're willing to jump on the merry bandwagon of kangaroo justice warriors and condemn this guy based on an opinion?

Since the slightest thing can get you fired these days for being perceived as racism, don't you think we should take more care in leveling that sort of accusation?

The simple fact is: This guy could very well be innocent of the accusation of racism and it may very well have been a slip. This possibility remains regardless of your personal opinion. So, if he is in fact innocent, the atmosphere of racism paranoia that people like you have created in this country may have resulted in a man losing his job over a common linguistic flub. Give yourselves a hand.
The guy said, "Martin Luther coon." Why should anyone give such a slip a benefit of a doubt? That's not something that just slips off the tongue unless it's been used before.

2s0blvo.jpg

The hell you didn't...
Read it again dumbass. I did not say that "Martin Luther King" is a tongue twister. I said that what happened was a twist of the tongue like what happens when you do the toy boat tongue twister. A phrase does not have to be a tongue twister to get twisted. Everybody has done it with normal phrases. Jesus fucking Christ.
You said it was a slip of the tongue like the tongue twister, "toy boat."

At least man up and own what you post.

2s0blvo.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Faun is a lying punk. Pathetic.
Dayum, I must've bitch-slapped you harder than I thought in the past. Oh well, regardless, the fired racist weatherman got what he deserved.
You bitch slapped yourself when you lied about Odumbo being half asleep when he said he had visited 57 states.

The guy said, "Martin Luther coon." Why should anyone give such a slip a benefit of a doubt? That's not something that just slips off the tongue unless it's been used before.
Odumbo actually believes there are 57 states.

Seems like it was a phrase he was used to saying

But you don't know that, do you?

And you don’t know if it was an honest mistake

Not a slip of the tongue I have ever made

I have heard people say Martin Luther Coon (even on this board) and it was no mistake

Faun is a lying punk. Pathetic.
Dayum, I must've bitch-slapped you harder than I thought in the past. Oh well, regardless, the fired racist weatherman got what he deserved.
You bitch slapped yourself when you lied about Odumbo being half asleep when he said he had visited 57 states.
It was no lie. He was.

Even Karl Rove said so...

ROVE: When you run an exhausting campaign like this, you know, you can certainly give him a break.

Obama: Uncle Helped Liberate Auschwitz

Forum List

Back