Weatherman Fired for slip of the tongue

Bullshit. I had a friend that was racist. He was my roommate when I was in the military. I didnt find out for years that he was racist until I started dating this blonde chick.

First off, what part of his post exactly is bullshit? The fact remains that you have no clue as to whether this guy is a racist or not. Secondly, this is not your former roommate, this is somebody else entirely. Thirdly, are we to assume that he is racist because you don't know if he is or not?
So what would he have to do for you to say "Yup. This guy is racist" ?

Irrelevant. Whatever would make me say he is racist is not the point. The point would be: Would I be justified in my assessment? Personally, I don't think accusations of racism are justified in this case. At the very least, I think those accusing him should look into it further rather than jump to conclusions because it happens to sound like a word they don't like.

Having said that, you don't know whether he is racist or not. You have summarily and unilaterally labeled him as racist for something that may have been entirely accidental. But you never bothered to wait for facts or information and you dismissed his explanation out of hand.
Once again.

Simple question.
Corroborating evidence and witnesses, certainly not a slip of the tongue.
They cant do a police investigation on him because he said a racial slur dummy.

Seems to be a huge difference between coon and king and not simply that he "jumbled a couple of words."

The previous word was "Luther" and the following word was "King". It seems clear to me that it was a simple twist of the tongue, i.e., accidentally putting the two together: "Koong". It's like trying to say "Toy boat" three times fast.

So now we're at the stage in this country where people like BillyBloom judge all conservatives as racist by mere virtue of being conservative and people get fired for pronouncing a word incorrectly. And liberals and Democrats say we're being paranoid.
Seems to me it slipped out so casually, that’s possibly how he normally refers to Martin Luther King Jr..

And that's where you check with his colleagues, because he's around them all the time. If he was a racist, they would know. Arm chair quarterbacking doesn't cut it.

Not a single one of us, by reading this article, have any clue as to whether this guy is a racist or not. Yet we see the usual suspects pontificating like they have known the guy his entire life.
Bullshit. I had a friend that was racist. He was my roommate when I was in the military. I didnt find out for years that he was racist until I started dating this blonde chick.

First off, what part of his post exactly is bullshit? The fact remains that you have no clue as to whether this guy is a racist or not. Secondly, this is not your former roommate, this is somebody else entirely. Thirdly, are we to assume that he is racist because you don't know if he is or not?

Irrelevant. Whatever would make me say he is racist is not the point. The point would be: Would I be justified in my assessment? Personally, I don't think accusations of racism are justified in this case. At the very least, I think those accusing him should look into it further rather than jump to conclusions because it happens to sound like a word they don't like.

Having said that, you don't know whether he is racist or not. You have summarily and unilaterally labeled him as racist for something that may have been entirely accidental. But you never bothered to wait for facts or information and you dismissed his explanation out of hand.
Once again.

Simple question.

Once again, irrelevant. This is not about what you or I think would make him a racist. This is about whether or not he actually said "coon".

I'm not the one leveling the accusation here, you are. As the accuser, you are required to prove or present evidence of your claim that he is racist. Since he explains that it was a slip up and we know everyone has done this at one time or another, you don't have a case. All you have is gibberish that sounds like a word you don't like.

Seems to be a huge difference between coon and king and not simply that he "jumbled a couple of words."
He didn't jumble a couple of words. He jumbled one word, and that one word begins with the same inflection as the one he used. Do you agree he should be fired for being a racist?
Here’s some free advice for folks who don’t want to lose their job.... don’t use the word, “coon,” at work.

Simple, no?
Better yet. If you wouldnt go down to the hood and yell whatever you want to say on the corner then dont say it at work.

The previous word was "Luther" and the following word was "King". It seems clear to me that it was a simple twist of the tongue, i.e., accidentally putting the two together: "Koong". It's like trying to say "Toy boat" three times fast.

So now we're at the stage in this country where people like BillyBloom judge all conservatives as racist by mere virtue of being conservative and people get fired for pronouncing a word incorrectly. And liberals and Democrats say we're being paranoid.
Let me try....

Toy boat, Toy boat, Toy Coon

Yea, happens all the time

Are you fucking kidding me? I used that as an example of a tongue twister. In no way did I suggest that one could get "coon" from the toy boat twister for Christ's sake.

I seem to get toy boat no matter how many times I say it

I have not heard the tape

But I have heard people say Martin Luther Coon
It did not appear to be a slip of the tongue

Maybe, maybe not. But at what point are businesses going to stop bowing to these paranoids and stand behind their employees if they feel the employee is innocent? At what point are people in general going to stand for the established principle of innocent until proven guilty? At what point are people going to stop ruining lives and careers over perceived slights without the benefit of at least an inquiry or an investigation??
At what point are you going to ACCEPT the actions that a PRIVATE company has taken Aryan?

He didn't jumble a couple of words. He jumbled one word, and that one word begins with the same inflection as the one he used. Do you agree he should be fired for being a racist?
Here’s some free advice for folks who don’t want to lose their job.... don’t use the word, “coon,” at work.

Simple, no?
Better yet. If you wouldnt go down to the hood and yell whatever you want to say on the corner then dont say it at work.
Don’t tell that to Rex Kramer!

Last edited:
How sick is this? Is this really what we've come down to? Shame on the station managers.
New York meteorologist fired after using racial slur on air
One of my late relatives fell in with the John Birchers decades ago. He mentioned "Martin Luther Coon" in my presence a lot!This was no "slip of the tongue." There is something going on with this guy. Fired? GOOD.
Perhaps he had that same relative. He's obviously your cousin.
He was. It was hard just to refrain from wacking him one. He is an example of how far this cancer has spread among the American People.
Kinda like the bigotry and hate the left has for Christians and Jews, huh.
Who has any bigotry for Christians and Jews? Where is that? There are phonies who say they are in these faiths, particularly those who say that they practice the Christian faith, but do not, like the graham/jeffress/focus on the family/phillips group, who just wish to prostitute the Christian faith. Then there are real Christians, whom no one attacks or dishonors.

Worthy to note: Martin Luther "Coon" was a Christian minister.

Last edited:
These racist pawns here want you to believe that a young man deliberately chose to ruin his career in media by saying black people are coons. That's how sick they are.
Pretty sure he didnt say it deliberately. Its just what he was thinking and used to saying off air.

And that's where you check with his colleagues, because he's around them all the time. If he was a racist, they would know. Arm chair quarterbacking doesn't cut it.

Not a single one of us, by reading this article, have any clue as to whether this guy is a racist or not. Yet we see the usual suspects pontificating like they have known the guy his entire life.

That qualifies you to know this guy's mind?
Yep.

Nope. That's total BS and no better than Jesse Jackson saying he feels relief when he hears footsteps behind him and realizes that they're from white people.

"I had a black friend once who stole my bicycle. Now I automatically believe every black person is out to steal something from me". Just as valid as your stance.

Pretty sure he didnt say it deliberately. Its just what he was thinking and used to saying off air.

Yep.

Nope. That's total BS and no better than Jesse Jackson saying he feels relief when he hears footsteps behind him and realizes that they're from white people.

"I had a black friend once who stole my bicycle. Now I automatically believe every black person is out to steal something from me". Just as valid as your stance.
Your opinion doesnt change my mind. Sorry. :rolleyes:

The narrative is that he was speaking too fast. One clown actually posted this on twitter......

"Say “King” and “Junior” 5 times fast and tell me what happens."

I said it ten times just to make sure and never once called MLK a coon.

Seems to me it slipped out so casually, that’s possibly how he normally refers to Martin Luther King Jr..

Seems to me we should withhold judgment until we know more about him and the case.

Yep.

That's too bad. It's a toxic way to feel.

Yep.

I you think that it being too bad is a toxic way to feel...then dont think like that and have a more positive outlook. :rolleyes:

Seems to me we should stop making assumptions and withhold judgment until we know more about him and the case.

Yep.

I you think that it being too bad is a toxic way to feel...then dont think like that and have a more positive outlook. :rolleyes:

That's a feeble attempt to avoid the point. I pity you for the way you look at others.

These racist pawns here want you to believe that a young man deliberately chose to ruin his career in media by saying black people are coons. That's how sick they are.

A pattern. One slip of the tongue is not enough. Is Obama stupid because he said he visited 57 states, or was that a single slip of the tongue that doesn't reflect his education?

To tell my nieces and nephews that they can be anything they want to be if they try hard enough is nice, but unless I warn them about the obstacles in their path. I’m ill-suiting them for the real world.

Downplaying racism backfires.
TU013D.jpg

So you are teaching them WHITEY BAD! And to be racist. Good job. You should be so proud to perpetuate racism, and that they are immediately victims, and Whitey is the ENEMY.

Forum List

Back