Weiner May Rise....

you should write the headlines for the Daily News :p

The New York Post has better headlines than the News.

Yep:

517SMRpRdtL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX225_SY300_CR,0,0,225,300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

On the other hand, The Daily News has had a memorable headline or two in its day, like:

18.jpg

I actually own that book in the picture - Headless Body in Topless Bar.

I've always loved the Post's headlines, even though it's a shitty newspaper in general.

I used to buy it every day, just for the headlines and because it had 2 sudoku puzzles instead of one.

These are tied for my favorite recent (last decade) Post headlines:

huckabee.jpg

95front071006.gif

NY_NYP+HO+NO.jpg

I hope Weiner does run again and I hope he's elected. He may be a little crazy but that's good! He's a brick tosser and that's what is needed to deal with the aggressive conservatives who represent the One Percent.

Eliot Spitzer is another one I'd like to see make a comeback. Smart, sharp, and very capable of effecting real changes in the status quo.

Its too bad, but as icons of justice and reform, they fucked up and lost credibility. Anthony Weiner straight up lied to us on tv. Spitzer screwed a prostitute, and although I don't think that's a mortal sin or anything, he did it while he was AG and that is hypocritical - what kind of credibility could he use as a foundation for negotiation or to throw his weight around.

They're done.
I would agree with you were it not for the way Bill Clinton was able to recover from getting caught for having a blowjob in the Oval Office, looking America in the eye and lying about it. The Republicans spent forty million dollars trying to impeach him and they failed.

What Eliot Spitzer did of course was wrong, but it was the kind of wrong which is easily forgiven. It's not like he did something detrimental to the public interest, such as taking bribes, etc. Only the most rigidly moralistic Progressive will allow Spitzer's sin to outweigh the fact that the man is a highly competent and effective politician.

As for Weiner, if he can deliver a sufficiently convincing mea culpa the mentality of his Congressional district is such that he could be forgiven. What he will have going for him is the mantle of the reformed sinner, which is presumptive purity. It is assumed he will know he is being closely watched and that he will labor exhaustively to atone for his offenses.

I'm no longer a New Yorker but I was very disappointed to see him fall -- and I know I'm not the only one. I would vote for his return.

Huh, so Weiner may be up for a comeback, interesting.
I was thinking he should be taking a long hard look at whether he could sustain the pounding he would likely take once the media got a hold of him again.
Last time would be like foreplay compared to the in and out thrashing he would take this time.
I assumed he was now nothing more than an impotent, beaten politician, but who knows, maybe he'll come.........back and stand tall again.

Might depend on whether his election lasts more than four hours...

Maybe he'll have some fundraising balls. You know, to beat off the opposition.

Remind me why that's relevant.

Really, dude? Sanford? Former Gov. of South Carolina? Hiking the AT? But going to Argentina? Cheating on his wife? Busted lying about it. No more wife of something like 28 years. Currently campaigning and the GOP nominee for that Congressional district in South Carolina. His Argentinian mistress now his fiance and going on the campaign with him. You don't see that as somehow relevant?
No, honestly I dont'. People cheat on their wives, get divorced and remarry all the time. Look at Edwards. Of course Sanford's wife wasn't dying of cancer or anything. And Sanford didnt ahve the bad taste to tweet his meat to who-knows-who.
So, no, not relevant at all. More "they all do it" defense. But it fails.

More "they all do it" defense. - not at all, no defense for either.

John Boehner Endorses Mark Sanford ...

the defense seems to rest with Boehner, victory at any cost.

he knows he won't have a problem coming back...the sheep in the Democrat party base will vote for anyone as long as they have a D next to their name..

Democrats knows their base well, that's for sure

how sad is that

Not much choice. Republicans are pigs.

I hope Weiner does run again and I hope he's elected. He may be a little crazy but that's good! He's a brick tosser and that's what is needed to deal with the aggressive conservatives who represent the One Percent.

Eliot Spitzer is another one I'd like to see make a comeback. Smart, sharp, and very capable of effecting real changes in the status quo.

Eliot Spitzer, Alan Grayson, Weiner, and maybe throw in Elizabeth Warren to send the republican party back to the sewer it crawled out of.

Just having some fun...

--------------------------:lol:

Disgraced former Rep. Anthony Weiner spent $106,500 this month on two polls, apparently to test the possibility of staging what would be a stunning political comeback, according to campaign filings yesterday.

"When you spend $50,000 on a poll, that’s the real thing," said one political insider. "You’re getting everything you can find out from voters. This guy spent a hundred grand."

Since shelling out the money on March 4 and 5 to San Francisco-based David Binder Research, Weiner has made no public move to enter the race for either mayor or comptroller, two offices mentioned in his polls.

"If someone is thinking about running and doesn’t run, it shows the polls are not favorable," said a veteran political consultant. "No one boycotts an election they think they can win."

Anthony Weiner reportedly prepares for possible political comeback | Fox News

weiner03.jpg

If Weiner is firm on running for mayor, he probably win. People in NYC love getting screwed by Mayor Loonbird, so they would really like getting screwed by a Weiner.

If Weiner runs and loses, imagine the headlines...."Republican Beats Weiner"

Just having some fun...

--------------------------:lol:

Disgraced former Rep. Anthony Weiner spent $106,500 this month on two polls, apparently to test the possibility of staging what would be a stunning political comeback, according to campaign filings yesterday.

"When you spend $50,000 on a poll, that’s the real thing," said one political insider. "You’re getting everything you can find out from voters. This guy spent a hundred grand."

Since shelling out the money on March 4 and 5 to San Francisco-based David Binder Research, Weiner has made no public move to enter the race for either mayor or comptroller, two offices mentioned in his polls.

"If someone is thinking about running and doesn’t run, it shows the polls are not favorable," said a veteran political consultant. "No one boycotts an election they think they can win."

Anthony Weiner reportedly prepares for possible political comeback | Fox News

He is undoubtedly being inspired by Mark Sanford's comeback. If that unbelievable jackass can make a comeback, anyone can.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back