🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Welcoming the American president Gaza style

They don't want him there and he already knows their concerns.

There is clearly a lot of resentment amongst Palestinians that the US does not even go through the motions of being a 'neutral corner' in the conflict, but I would be interested to know your source for saying that he is not wanted there.

Are you in Gaza now?

They don't want him there and he already knows their concerns.

There is clearly a lot of resentment amongst Palestinians that the US does not even go through the motions of being a 'neutral corner' in the conflict, but I would be interested to know your source for saying that he is not wanted there.

Are you in Gaza now?

Saigon they were burning Obama in effigy not too long ago, isn't that a sign right there that he is not wanted?

Saigon they were burning Obama in effigy not too long ago, isn't that a sign right there that he is not wanted?

As I said - I am sure some people DON'T want him there. But then some Israelis don't want him there either.

I'd like to credit both Palestinians and Israelis with the intelligence that they would be open to hearing what the man has to say. Ultimately, they need him on their side if they want to make progress.

As I said - I am sure some people DON'T want him there. But then some Israelis don't want him there either.

I'd like to credit both Palestinians and Israelis with the intelligence that they would be open to hearing what the man has to say. Ultimately, they need him on their side if they want to make progress.

Well Hamas is in charge of Gaza and they are a terrorist organization so going right into the hornets nest is probably not a good idea, security concerns out the ass.

HG -

I totally agree - not only can he not go there, but with Hamas in power he probably should not go there.

Unfortunately, if Netanyahu were the leader of any other country, Obama probably wouldn't go there either.

What are they 'resisting' this time ?

At what point should a people asking for a homeland stop 'resisting'?

It does not seem to have taken very long for the example of a David Ben Gurion to have been forgotten, does it?

"Fight the war as if there was no White Paper, and the White Paper as if there was no war."

"Why should the Arabs make peace? If I were an Arab leader I would never make terms with Israel. That is natural: we have taken their country. Sure, God promised it to us, but what does that matter to them? Our God is not theirs. We come from Israel, it's true, but two thousand years ago, and what is that to them? There has been antisemitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They only see one thing: we have come here and stolen their country. Why should they accept that? They may perhaps forget in one or two generations' time, but for the moment there is no chance. So, it's simple: we have to stay strong and maintain a powerful army. Our whole policy is there. Otherwise the Arabs will wipe us out.

David Ben Gurion.

Source: http://simple.wikiquote.org/wiki/David_Ben-Gurion

Last edited by a moderator:
"Why should the Arabs make peace? If I were an Arab leader I would never make terms with Israel. That is natural: we have taken their country. Sure, God promised it to us, but what does that matter to them? Our God is not theirs. We come from Israel, it's true, but two thousand years ago, and what is that to them? There has been antisemitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They only see one thing: we have come here and stolen their country. Why should they accept that? They may perhaps forget in one or two generations' time, but for the moment there is no chance. So, it's simple: we have to stay strong and maintain a powerful army. Our whole policy is there. Otherwise the Arabs will wipe us out.

David Ben Gurion.

So basically, stay the course?

HG -

I think the Palestinians should abandon violence, and get serious about taking an active role in getting their own country. I'd like to see them present a solution and really put the heat on Israel to accept it.

But I do not think that they should, to quote Toastman, stop resisting.

Forum List

Back