🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Welcoming the American president Gaza style

HG -

I think the Palestinians should abandon violence, and get serious about taking an active role in getting their own country. I'd like to see them present a solution and really put the heat on Israel to accept it.

But I do not think that they should, to quote Toastman, stop resisting.

I agree with that 100%, they should definently abandon violence.

"Why should the Arabs make peace? If I were an Arab leader I would never make terms with Israel. That is natural: we have taken their country. Sure, God promised it to us, but what does that matter to them? Our God is not theirs. We come from Israel, it's true, but two thousand years ago, and what is that to them? There has been antisemitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They only see one thing: we have come here and stolen their country. Why should they accept that? They may perhaps forget in one or two generations' time, but for the moment there is no chance. So, it's simple: we have to stay strong and maintain a powerful army. Our whole policy is there. Otherwise the Arabs will wipe us out.

David Ben Gurion.
Would it be too much trouble, Saigon, to show us a legitimate source where Ben Gurion said this? This reason I am asking is that for years people have put up quotes of what the Israeli leaders supposedly have said. One of the posters from another board years ago, on a visit to Israel, went to the newspaper which allegedly reported on something Dayan said. One of the employees of the newspaper looked through the archives and came back and said they never printed anything like that. I would imagine that many of the quotes which have been posted on numerous boards over the years have been fabricated.

Roudy, you and Hossfly really should read Deuteronomy 22:10 before you post

Would it be too much trouble, Saigon, to show us a legitimate source where Ben Gurion said this? This reason I am asking is that for years people have put up quotes of what the Israeli leaders supposedly have said. One of the posters from another board years ago, on a visit to Israel, went to the newspaper which allegedly reported on something Dayan said. One of the employees of the newspaper looked through the archives and came back and said they never printed anything like that. I would imagine that many of the quotes which have been posted on numerous boards over the years have been fabricated.

* "I don't understand your optimism," Ben-Gurion declared. "Why should the Arabs make peace? If I were an Arab leader I would never make terms with Israel. That is natural: we have taken their country. Sure, God promised it to us, but what does that matter to them? Our God is not theirs. We come from Israel, it's true, but two thousand years ago, and what is that to them? There has been antisemitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They only see one thing: we have come here and stolen their country. Why should they accept that? They may perhaps forget in one or two generations' time, but for the moment there is no chance. So, it's simple: we have to stay strong and maintain a powerful army. Our whole policy is there. Otherwise the Arabs will wipe us out.
* "I'll be seventy years old soon. Well, Nahum, if you asked me whether I shall die and be buried in a Jewish State I would tell you Yes; in ten years, fifteen years, I believe there will still be a Jewish State. But ask me whether my son Amos, who will be fifty at the end of this year, has a chance of dying and being buried in a Jewish State, and I would answer: fifty-fifty."
* "But how can you sleep with that prospect in mind and be Prime Minister of Israel too?" I responded.
* "Who says I sleep?" was Ben-Gurion's simple reply.
o As quoted in The Jewish Paradox : A Personal Memoir (1978) by Nahum Goldmann, as translated by Steve Cox, pp 99-100 ISBN 0-448-15166-9
David Ben-Gurion - Wikiquote

HG -

I think the Palestinians should abandon violence, and get serious about taking an active role in getting their own country. I'd like to see them present a solution and really put the heat on Israel to accept it.

Actually, if the Palestinians were to stop resisting it would be hard for the Jews to keep them from voting, and the non-Jews far outnumber the Jews if it were one country.

Should the US stand in the way of democracy to support a Jewish dictator in oppression of the majority, just to keep things 'Jewish'?

The Jews are fools for not pushing hard, fast and now for a two-state solution with explicit and detailed rules spelling out citizenship in both states.

"Why should the Arabs make peace? If I were an Arab leader I would never make terms with Israel. That is natural: we have taken their country. Sure, God promised it to us, but what does that matter to them? Our God is not theirs. We come from Israel, it's true, but two thousand years ago, and what is that to them? There has been antisemitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They only see one thing: we have come here and stolen their country. Why should they accept that? They may perhaps forget in one or two generations' time, but for the moment there is no chance. So, it's simple: we have to stay strong and maintain a powerful army. Our whole policy is there. Otherwise the Arabs will wipe us out.

David Ben Gurion.
It is interesting that when I shared one of my favorite quotes attributed to Ben Gurion, " "we can do difficult tasks rather quickly, but the impossible takes a little longer"some pro Palestinians (I'm not sure which, Jos ?) countered that it's forgery, he never said such thing, but when it is a slanderous statement, "oh yes, it was him"!

* "I don't understand your optimism," Ben-Gurion declared. "Why should the Arabs make peace? If I were an Arab leader I would never make terms with Israel. That is natural: we have taken their country. Sure, God promised it to us, but what does that matter to them? Our God is not theirs. We come from Israel, it's true, but two thousand years ago, and what is that to them? There has been antisemitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They only see one thing: we have come here and stolen their country. Why should they accept that? They may perhaps forget in one or two generations' time, but for the moment there is no chance. So, it's simple: we have to stay strong and maintain a powerful army. Our whole policy is there. Otherwise the Arabs will wipe us out.
* "I'll be seventy years old soon. Well, Nahum, if you asked me whether I shall die and be buried in a Jewish State I would tell you Yes; in ten years, fifteen years, I believe there will still be a Jewish State. But ask me whether my son Amos, who will be fifty at the end of this year, has a chance of dying and being buried in a Jewish State, and I would answer: fifty-fifty."
* "But how can you sleep with that prospect in mind and be Prime Minister of Israel too?" I responded.
o As quoted in The Jewish Paradox : A Personal Memoir (1978) by Nahum Goldmann, as translated by Steve Cox, pp 99-100 ISBN 0-448-15166-9
Gee, Yousef Mohammed, anyone can put things on sites like this. There should be some better source to prove this. Meanwhile, Mr. Gooz, these quotes have been dragged up for years from NeoNazi/Islamofascist hate sites. Why not find us some quote by a genuine Muslim cleric who says the Infidels should die if they don't convert to Islam? Meanwhile, perhaps Mr. Gooz has some time to research these distorted quotes and find us different sites other than hate sites which states what Ben Guirion actually said.

Roudy, you and Hossfly really should read Deuteronomy 22:10 before you post
And no doubt in Mr. Gooz' madrassa, he was the prize student regarding what was said about the Jews and the Christians in all the Hadiths. By the way, Mr. Gooz, can you tell us what the Iranians have against the Baha'is that they are always being harassed and killed?

IOW, it's not a direct quote, or one that's verified from other sources. It's ALSO at odds with the rest of DBG quotes above it on the Wiki page. So it remains 'suspect' and less authoritative than the published/broadcast and/or 'official' speeches.

David Ben Gurion.
It is interesting that when I shared one of my favorite quotes attributed to Ben Gurion, " "we can do difficult tasks rather quickly, but the impossible takes a little longer"some pro Palestinians (I'm not sure which, Jos ?) countered that it's forgery, he never said such thing, but when it is a slanderous statement, "oh yes, it was him"!

That has nothing to do with this thread.

The link has been found.

Move on.

HG -

Actually, if the Palestinians were to stop resisting it would be hard for the Jews to keep them from voting, and the non-Jews far outnumber the Jews if it were one country.

Should the US stand in the way of democracy to support a Jewish dictator in oppression of the majority, just to keep things 'Jewish'?

The Jews are fools for not pushing hard, fast and now for a two-state solution with explicit and detailed rules spelling out citizenship in both states.

Most Palestinians are not citizens of Israel - hence they can not vote.

btw, My apologies for not providing the source for Ben Gurion's quote - I typed it in from his autobigraphy. For those that think the quote is fake - please check with that.

HG -

btw, My apologies for not providing the source for Ben Gurion's quote - I typed it in from his autobigraphy. For those that think the quote is fake - please check with that.

Indeed, about 700,000 were removed from Israel's voter rolls in 1948.

Most of the 700,000 ended up in Jordan, aka "Arab Palestine".

Indeed, the government of Israel was established in Palestine by foreigners without the consent of the people.

Indeed, the government of Israel was established in Palestine by foreigners without the consent of the people.
How many times do I have to repeat the same history to you? The entire region, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iraq, etc were part of Turkish Ottoman Empire for 600 years, without any "consent". Once the Ottoman Empire collapsed after WWIi, it was then divided into the countries we see today, and "rulers" and Kings were put as leaders. All without the "consent" of the people. They then dedicated the entire country of Jordan, initially labeled Arab Palestine, and Israel as Jewish Palestine.

Arabs didn't like Jews having a country of their own, living in the land of their ancestors, in a JEWISH state? Too fucking bad!

How many times do I have to repeat the same history to you? The entire region, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iraq, etc were part of Turkish Ottoman Empire for 600 years, !

Rather than repeat it - try learning it.

Is Saudi Arabia in the Ottoman Empire?

Ottoman_Empire_in_Asia_since_1792.jpg

Forum List

Back