Well are you?

Or, what we could do is drastically cut these social programs forcing people to work to survive. That would solve the problem right there. Keep voting Republican, and eventually it will happen.

Some people don't have the education to get good paying jobs because they cannot afford college. Not to mention, there are not nearly enough job opportunities for all the people in the US. AND there are always going to be poor people. You are living in a la-la fantasy land. Face reality please.

I don't just talk the talk, I walk the walk.

When I was younger, I had plenty of minimum wage jobs. Of course back then, social programs didn't pay squat and you had to be just about living in the street before you could get on one.

So what did we do back then? We worked more hours. If your company didn't offer more hours, you found an additional job. I remember at one point in my life, I had a full-time job and two part-time jobs.

Of course that was when people had more pride. Handouts by government (or anyone for that matter) was an insult. It was somebody telling you that you were a failure. You did anything to not be taking handouts because you had integrity.

Consider yourself lucky that you had the opportunity. Other people do not have the advantages that you had. This is not the 1950s or the 1960s.

WHAT????

People today can't work more hours or have more than one job? When did that law pass?

And when would they go to school so that they can "better" themselves,, and nowadays even working TWO part time crappy jobs would not pay your bills and your school. Duh!!!

Then work a full-time job, a part-time job, save your money, and then keep the part-time job while you use that extra money you earned and go to school..

Thirty years ago a 3.35 wage was like having a 7.00 buying power

The Unaffordable Health Care Act is Nazi bullshit. It's all about government control - nothing more.

Agree, but it's far more than that.

Commie Care was not designed to make sure everybody has insurance. Commie Care was designed to create as many new government dependents as possible. The more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters.

This presidential election will be no different than others. It will be about the Democrat candidate telling people what goodies the Republican candidate wants to take away from them.

People like who receive subsidized health care via the ACA like you do not make a majority voting block.

Open your ears, listen to your White House. They bragged about 14 million people getting on Commie Care. That's 14 million new government dependents. While it may not be a majority, it adds to the dozens of other government dependent programs we have. Hell, 45 million alone on food stamps plus Commie Care is close to 60 million government dependents on those two programs alone, and again, there are many more.

Indeed. That has been Barry's plan from the beginning. Destroy the corporate structure, kill the middle class and make them dependent on "Uncle Sugar". Hell, he has made no bones about it.

And the liberal left eat this shit up with a knife and a fork.

Commie Care was not designed to make sure everybody has insurance. Commie Care was designed to create as many new government dependents as possible. The more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters.

This presidential election will be no different than others. It will be about the Democrat candidate telling people what goodies the Republican candidate wants to take away from them.

People like who receive subsidized health care via the ACA like you do not make a majority voting block.

Open your ears, listen to your White House. They bragged about 14 million people getting on Commie Care. That's 14 million new government dependents. While it may not be a majority, it adds to the dozens of other government dependent programs we have. Hell, 45 million alone on food stamps plus Commie Care is close to 60 million government dependents on those two programs alone, and again, there are many more.

Some of those are collecting services because their employers do not pay them enough to live.
employers cant afford to pay them enough to live because taxes and now benefits are eating into profits.
Another example of the government fixing a problem that creates a bigger problem that needs the government to step in and fix.
Its really never ending.

I'm pretty sure that businesses here in America get pretty good tax breaks. I remember reading a story about how GE avoided paying taxes almost entirely and had over a billion dollars in profit. How would you explain that?

And I just read (WSJ I believe) that GEcwas planning on moving their ENTIRE operation, including corporate offices, to Mexico.

How do you explain that?

The Unaffordable Health Care Act is Nazi bullshit. It's all about government control - nothing more.

Indeed. That has been Barry's plan from the beginning. Destroy the corporate structure, kill the middle class and make them dependent on "Uncle Sugar". Hell, he has made no bones about it.

America's living in a dream world, pretending the rest of the world isn't happening.

China is growing. Not only is it growing but its students are studying 18 hours a day, 365 days a year. Yes, they're producing robots, but they're robots that will take the robot jobs.
Germany decided how it wanted its economy to be, and its education is meeting the needs of that. They product luxury goods when it comes to manufacturing, and they have kids in technical schools from the age of 13 who will be making such things when they leave school.

The US is not directing education towards the needs of an economy which they haven't decided which direction it should go in. So, students are not going to be ready for the needs of the future world.

Who's responsible for this? Both the Democrats AND the Republicans. The fighting between the two, their politics more important than the people who they're supposed to represent, is the major problem and the reason why the US is going downhill every year.

You can blame Obama, but he's just the President. He doesn't have the power to change much.

So not only do these employers (like Walmart, etc.) make a HUGE profit margin, they are screwing us taxpayers, you dummies! Lol! :rolleyes-41:

DAMN THOSE COMPANIES!!

Tell me this: how the hell is Walmart screwing the taxpayer? Because they don't pay the illegals, the morons and the clinically dead that work for the minimum wage? Jesus, have you been in a Walmart lately?

Oh and by the way - a truck driver for Walmart. (A skilled trade) makes (on average) $90,000 per year with outstanding benefits.

Moral of the story? Get a marketable skill or live like a homeless person.

Remember this: the MINIMUM wage was designed to get KIDS into the job market. It was never intended as a living wage.

America's living in a dream world, pretending the rest of the world isn't happening.

China is growing. Not only is it growing but its students are studying 18 hours a day, 365 days a year. Yes, they're producing robots, but they're robots that will take the robot jobs.
Germany decided how it wanted its economy to be, and its education is meeting the needs of that. They product luxury goods when it comes to manufacturing, and they have kids in technical schools from the age of 13 who will be making such things when they leave school.

The US is not directing education towards the needs of an economy which they haven't decided which direction it should go in. So, students are not going to be ready for the needs of the future world.

Who's responsible for this? Both the Democrats AND the Republicans. The fighting between the two, their politics more important than the people who they're supposed to represent, is the major problem and the reason why the US is going downhill every year.

You can blame Obama, but he's just the President. He doesn't have the power to change much.

Why do you suppose that over the last 10-20 years China has went from a dictatorship third-world country to a major player?

Free trade agreements that were tilted to give China a distinct advantage.

Our companies have left the US to head to China. They AREN'T coming back. Get used to it. WE did this to ourselves.

Some of those are collecting services because their employers do not pay them enough to live.
employers cant afford to pay them enough to live because taxes and now benefits are eating into profits.
Another example of the government fixing a problem that creates a bigger problem that needs the government to step in and fix.
Its really never ending.

I'm pretty sure that businesses here in America get pretty good tax breaks. I remember reading a story about how GE avoided paying taxes almost entirely and had over a billion dollars in profit. How would you explain that?

And I just read (WSJ I believe) that GEcwas planning on moving their ENTIRE operation, including corporate offices, to Mexico.

How do you explain that?

US employees are paid too much, and don't have enough skill, rent costs too much in the US, all costs are probably higher.

Where does the US want to be? Low paid, low quality, low skill manufacturing or high quality, highly paid, highly skilled manufacturing?

So not only do these employers (like Walmart, etc.) make a HUGE profit margin, they are screwing us taxpayers, you dummies! Lol! :rolleyes-41:

DAMN THOSE COMPANIES!!

Tell me this: how the hell is Walmart screwing the taxpayer? Because they don't pay the illegals, the morons and the clinically dead that work for the minimum wage? Jesus, have you been in a Walmart lately?

Oh and by the way - a truck driver for Walmart. (A skilled trade) makes (on average) $90,000 per year with outstanding benefits.

Remember this: the MINIMUM wage was designed to get KIDS into the job market. It was never intended as a living wage.

Excellent reply. I talk to Walmart drivers all the time. They are more than happy with their pay and benefits; so are their warehouse workers, so are their store managers, so are their office staff, so are all their workers except the floor sweepers, cashiers, and shelf stockers.

DAMN THOSE COMPANIES!!

YOU are paying for those people's welfare that work for Wal Mart since you are allowing Wal Mart to get away with slave wages. Enjoy!

Its really never ending.

How do you explain that?

US employees are paid too much, and don't have enough skill, rent costs too much in the US, all costs are probably higher.

Where does the US want to be? Low paid, low quality, low skill manufacturing or high quality, highly paid, highly skilled manufacturing?

US employees are paid too much!?! How the hell do you figure that!?!

If we listen to the left in this country - only the rich get along OK. What the hell is it going to be? I want every American to make as much as his potential allows him to make - but I don't want it handed to them. EARN IT.

If that's the case, they can do what I did - work your ass off to promote yourself, or get another job.

DAMN THOSE COMPANIES!!

YOU are paying for those people's welfare that work for Wal Mart since you are allowing Wal Mart to get away with slave wages. Enjoy!

The only people that are responsible for welfare collections by Walmart workers are the politicians that gave them such benefits--not Walmart nor their customers.

Of course the Walmart workers are too, but they make sure they work under the amount of hours that guarantees them government benefits.

DAMN THOSE COMPANIES!!

Ok, so we pay these assholes that can't (or won't) learn English $15-20 bucks an hour so they can feel "good" about themselves. Then, the next time you head to McDonalds for your Big Mac - don't throw a fit about rich corporations when they charge YOU $18.00 for that sandwich, dumbass.

We don't exist in a vacuum sonny. Every action has an opposite and equal reaction.

Why do you suppose that over the last 10-20 years China has went from a dictatorship third-world country to a major player?

Free trade agreements that were tilted to give China a distinct advantage.

Our companies have left the US to head to China. They AREN'T coming back. Get used to it. WE did this to ourselves.

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to accept that the US was the country pushing for free trade because free trade actually made the US stronger economically.

Go look at Bolivia and see what the (US controlled) World Bank has been up to. They got the Bolivians to nationalize their water, and saw 1/4 of La Paz lose access to clean water. Businesses were being bought up by western countries, taking the profits out of these countries and making themselves rich.

All that is happening is that free trade is now coming around and being less of an advantage for the US.

30 years ago all plastic crap was made in Taiwan, now it's made in China. It's the way it goes. The US can't profit from making plastic crap that costs 30 cents a pop. You need low wage workers. An average job in China for a uni graduate will be about 2500 RMB a month, about 400 bucks or less. The US can't compete at this level. The Germans never bothered to compete with that, they made their own market.

You are finding excuses for why this is happening, blaming people for why things left. You shouldn't be blaming them for things leaving, things left because the US is THE major player in the global economy, it needs the global economy.
You should be blaming the politicians for doing nothing to change things towards a REALISTIC view of how the future of the US is going to be.

Its really never ending.

How do you explain that?

US employees are paid too much!?! How the hell do you figure that!?!

If we listen to the left in this country - only the rich get along OK. What the hell is it going to be? I want every American to make as much as his potential allows him to make - but I don't want it handed to them. EARN IT.
After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole?:cuckoo:

DAMN THOSE COMPANIES!!

Ok, so we pay these assholes that can't (or won't) learn English $15-20 bucks an hour so they can feel "good" about themselves. Then, the next time you head to McDonalds for your Big Mac - don't throw a fit about rich corporations when they charge YOU $18.00 for that sandwich, dumbass.

We don't exist in a vacuum sonny. Every action has an opposite and equal reaction.
The price would go up more like 20%, and a helluva lot more people could afford them...

DAMN THOSE COMPANIES!!

Excellent reply. I talk to Walmart drivers all the time. They are more than happy with their pay and benefits; so are their warehouse workers, so are their store managers, so are their office staff, so are all their workers except the floor sweepers, cashiers, and shelf stockers.

Indeed. After retiring from the Army, I began a career with one of the largest grocery distributors in the MidWest. I was a traffic manager (incoming and outgoing freight) and I know the pay scale (as of 2010 when I retired) for every trucking company in the US. I know what Walmart drivers, warehouse people and the like make.

These liberals believe that Walmart consists of the clowns that walk around the stores asking (provided they speak English) if they can help you. Liberals have a way of looking at the small picture and not the big one.

On the minimum wage deal, the most obvious solution would be to reduce welfare benefits and increase minimal wages.

I don't think anybody can argue that they would rather have the choice of paying for somebody's meal by buying the goods that they help create or serve rather than being forced to pay for them through a tax system. A reduction in welfare benefits would also help to reduce incentive to remain in lower paying jobs, which some people do.

Forum List

Back