Well are you?

I make $13/hour at Walmart. I don't always get a bonus, but the CEO does

Murray thinks something is off. She is trying to figure out how the company's stock has grown little over the past few years (it's down 14% so far in 2015), yet CEO Doug Mcmillon got paid about an $18 million bonus (roughly $15 million in stock options and nearly $3 million in "non-equity incentives.")

Murray had to buy all of her Walmart stock on her own. It came right out of her paycheck over the years. She and her husband, a truck driver, barely get by. They aren't on food stamps or other government aid, but they pray about money often.

"I don't eat the best," Murray, now 59, says. "I had to skimp on groceries to pay the light bill."

Associates like Murray only receive bonuses if their store meets tangible sales and profit goals and if they individually perform well.

"I've had times when I got nothing or $42," says Murray.

So not only do these employers (like Walmart, etc.) make a HUGE profit margin, they are screwing us taxpayers, you dummies! Lol! :rolleyes-41:

LOL:

Over the next five years, the analysts that follow this company are expecting it to grow earnings at an average annual rate of 3.11%. This year, analysts are forecasting earnings decrease of -9.73% over last year. Analysts expect earnings growth next year of 5.71% over this year's forecasted earnings.

Data Provider: Data is provided by Zacks Investment Research

Read more: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT) Forecast Earnings Growth

And what is their profit margin? POst that.

Profit margins are irrelevant.

Large and small businesses rely on growth more than how much money they are worth. Why? Because those businesses heavily rely on investors to run their operations.

An investor could care less if the company was worth 10 billion or 10 million dollars. All they care about is company growth.

So Walmart is at let's say 3% growth on average. They fall under pressure from the public to pay their employees more money, so they do exactly that. Now their growth drops to 2.1%. Would you invest your hard earned money in a company that will only return 2.1%? Well nobody else would either. They would sell their stocks in that company and invest elsewhere.

Well then, get ready to spend a whole lot of your tax money helping to pay the bills of low income people, as these employers are flying around on their private jets, wearing thousand dollar suits. :)

Or, what we could do is drastically cut these social programs forcing people to work to survive. That would solve the problem right there. Keep voting Republican, and eventually it will happen.

So not only do these employers (like Walmart, etc.) make a HUGE profit margin, they are screwing us taxpayers, you dummies! Lol! :rolleyes-41:

LOL:

Over the next five years, the analysts that follow this company are expecting it to grow earnings at an average annual rate of 3.11%. This year, analysts are forecasting earnings decrease of -9.73% over last year. Analysts expect earnings growth next year of 5.71% over this year's forecasted earnings.

Large and small businesses rely on growth more than how much money they are worth. Why? Because those businesses heavily rely on investors to run their operations.

An investor could care less if the company was worth 10 billion or 10 million dollars. All they care about is company growth.

So Walmart is at let's say 3% growth on average. They fall under pressure from the public to pay their employees more money, so they do exactly that. Now their growth drops to 2.1%. Would you invest your hard earned money in a company that will only return 2.1%? Well nobody else would either. They would sell their stocks in that company and invest elsewhere.

Well then, get ready to spend a whole lot of your tax money helping to pay the bills of low income people, as these employers are flying around on their private jets, wearing thousand dollar suits. :)

Or, what we could do is drastically cut these social programs forcing people to work to survive. That would solve the problem right there. Keep voting Republican, and eventually it will happen.

Some people don't have the education to get good paying jobs because they cannot afford college. Not to mention, there are not nearly enough job opportunities for all the people in the US. AND there are always going to be poor people. You are living in a la-la fantasy land. Face reality please.

Murray thinks something is off. She is trying to figure out how the company's stock has grown little over the past few years (it's down 14% so far in 2015), yet CEO Doug Mcmillon got paid about an $18 million bonus (roughly $15 million in stock options and nearly $3 million in "non-equity incentives.")

Murray had to buy all of her Walmart stock on her own. It came right out of her paycheck over the years. She and her husband, a truck driver, barely get by. They aren't on food stamps or other government aid, but they pray about money often.

"I don't eat the best," Murray, now 59, says. "I had to skimp on groceries to pay the light bill."

Associates like Murray only receive bonuses if their store meets tangible sales and profit goals and if they individually perform well.

CEO's are not hourly or salary workers. CEO's are contract workers.

Contract workers live by an entirely different set of rules. But CEO's are not the only contract workers. Many in the entertainment and sports industry work on contract.

A contract is a guaranteed amount of money regardless of performance. Once that contract is signed, a company has no choice but to honor it.

Okay, so a company doesn't perform that well and the CEO gets a ton of money. Yes, that's how it works.

It's the same way when a famous actress gets 10 million for one crummy movie. If the movie is a flop and loses money, the actress gets paid regardless. Why? Because she's on contract.

CEO's are not hourly or salary workers. CEO's are contract workers.

Contract workers live by an entirely different set of rules. But CEO's are not the only contract workers. Many in the entertainment and sports industry work on contract.

A contract is a guaranteed amount of money regardless of performance. Once that contract is signed, a company has no choice but to honor it.

Okay, so a company doesn't perform that well and the CEO gets a ton of money. Yes, that's how it works.

It's the same way when a famous actress gets 10 million for one crummy movie. If the movie is a flop and loses money, the actress gets paid regardless. Why? Because she's on contract.

And that needs to change. Hollywood and other "entertainment industries" are not comparable to such businesses like Walmart.

From my link above . . .

Workers speak up: Venanzi Luna came all the way to Arkansas this year from California. She was a deli manger at Walmart for eight years until the company closed her Pico Rivera store in April.

"The CEO makes so much money. He gets paid no matter what. If the associates have a bad quarter, we don't get a bonus," Luna, age 35, says.

Luna made $14.30 before the company closed her store. Her raises were typically 20 cents. She was thrilled to get 60 cents one time. She tried to take classes at a local college, but she claims that Walmart made that difficult. As a deli manager, her supervisor insisted that she stay later at times to go over the stocking and inventory.

For the past few years, she has tried to make the journey to the shareholder meeting as part of the Our Walmart movement. She is always amused by the videos they play in the arena.

She remembers the first time saw video of Justin Timberlake pretending to be a Walmart employee. He was smiling and laughing.

Related: Ex-Wal-Mart CEO Duke retired with $140 million

"How would it be for him working at a Walmart on a Saturday when it's the most busy and customers are yelling at you and there's no backup?" Luna wondered.

She really liked working at Walmart at first, but then the company cut staff at her store and she often found herself running between the deli meat slicer and then over to the bakery to try to help customers.

The CEO pay and bonus issue is her top concern too.

Face reality, these companies do not care about their employees. They might as well be animals. It is all about making a profit and greed. People don't take pride in the product they produce, nor do they care about their employees or treating them fairly, and that is why government needs to be involved. There are huge corporate monstrosities.

LOL:

Some people don't have the education to get good paying jobs because they cannot afford college. Not to mention, there are not nearly enough job opportunities for all the people in the US. AND there are always going to be poor people. You are living in a la-la fantasy land. Face reality please.

I don't just talk the talk, I walk the walk.

When I was younger, I had plenty of minimum wage jobs. Of course back then, social programs didn't pay squat and you had to be just about living in the street before you could get on one.

So what did we do back then? We worked more hours. If your company didn't offer more hours, you found an additional job. I remember at one point in my life, I had a full-time job and two part-time jobs.

Of course that was when people had more pride. Handouts by government (or anyone for that matter) was an insult. It was somebody telling you that you were a failure. You did anything to not be taking handouts because you had integrity.

SMALL business owners should be entitled to many more tax breaks and incentives though. I can understand how small business owners would have a tough go at things in today's corptocracy that we live in.

When I was younger, I had plenty of minimum wage jobs. Of course back then, social programs didn't pay squat and you had to be just about living in the street before you could get on one.

So what did we do back then? We worked more hours. If your company didn't offer more hours, you found an additional job. I remember at one point in my life, I had a full-time job and two part-time jobs.

Of course that was when people had more pride. Handouts by government (or anyone for that matter) was an insult. It was somebody telling you that you were a failure. You did anything to not be taking handouts because you had integrity.

Consider yourself lucky that you had the opportunity. Other people do not have the advantages that you had. This is not the 1950s or the 1960s.

Kids can no longer get jobs like mowing lawns and doing odd jobs because nowadays they are a LIABILITY to the home owners because they have no insurance and no business licenses. That is just an example of how things have changed since the time a lot of you people grew up.

Face reality, these companies do not care about their employees. They might as well be animals. It is all about making a profit and greed. People don't take pride in the product they produce, nor do they care about their employees or treating them fairly, and that is why government needs to be involved. There are huge corporate monstrosities.

Companies are not created to care for anybody. Companies open up to create profit--that's it.

Workers don't care about their company either. They are there for one reason--to make a living--that's it.

If you want somebody to care for you, talk to a family relative or join a church. Businesses aren't there to care for you. You should be caring for yourself.

Kids can no longer get jobs like mowing lawns and doing odd jobs because nowadays they are a LIABILITY to the home owners because they have no insurance and no business licenses. That is just an example of how things have changed since the time a lot of you people grew up.

Perhaps, but that's really stretching it. Thank your neighborhood Democrat politicians for that.

Perhaps, but that's really stretching it. Thank your neighborhood Democrat politicians for that.

Comparing the inflated cost of living today from 1950 to 2014: How declining purchasing power has hurt the middle class since 1950.

Consider yourself lucky that you had the opportunity. Other people do not have the advantages that you had. This is not the 1950s or the 1960s.

WHAT????

People today can't work more hours or have more than one job? When did that law pass?

WHAT????

People today can't work more hours or have more than one job? When did that law pass?

And when would they go to school so that they can "better" themselves,, and nowadays even working TWO part time crappy jobs would not pay your bills and your school. Duh!!!

Who's arguing that? I sure wasn't.

When unions were at full force, many workers were well overpaid for the work they did. People had jobs turning nuts onto bolts and were able to get wages and benefits enough to live very good.

When jobs started to leave the country and businesses invested in automation to replace monkey jobs, wages declined. Nobody can argue that.

Forum List

Back