Well are you?

Open your ears, listen to your White House. They bragged about 14 million people getting on Commie Care. That's 14 million new government dependents. While it may not be a majority, it adds to the dozens of other government dependent programs we have. Hell, 45 million alone on food stamps plus Commie Care is close to 60 million government dependents on those two programs alone, and again, there are many more.

Some of those are collecting services because their employers do not pay them enough to live.

Then what they should do is find a line of work that pays more. And you are correct when you same "some." But most are using the programs to replace work.

Don't believe me, then just take a look at what Maine did with food stamps. They made requirements of: working part-time at least 20 hours a week, or being enrolled in a vocational program to get training to work, or dedicate 24 hours A MONTH in volunteer work.

Guess what happened? Most of them dropped out of the program. Seems they weren't that hungry after all.

I don't have a problem with them doing things like work for food programs. I do have a problem with you all who want to do away with a minimum wage or want it to remain stagnant.
When minimum wage goes up to 15, will the guy making 20 get more too or will his standard of living drop when the wage is increased.

It's never happened before. Why would it be any different now? Those are just scare tactics.

When has the federal minimum wage ever doubled before?

The Domino Effect is not a scare tactic, it's reality.

So you got out of high school, found a job paying $8.00 per hour, and you are learning things while on the job.

A couple of years go by, and you advanced in the company. You can now do several jobs and even supervise in one department. You are now making $15.00 per hour.

All of a sudden, Democrats get in power and raise the minimum wage to $15.00 an hour, and the new kids joining your company are now making the same money you are. Will you be happy with that?

Of course not, you will have to get at least $20.00 per hour to break even.

Okay fine, but then what happens to the employees that were with the company longer and were making $20.00 per hour before the new minimum wage? Do you think they will be happy making just as much as you who has only been with the company a few years?

Some of those are collecting services because their employers do not pay them enough to live.

Then what they should do is find a line of work that pays more. And you are correct when you same "some." But most are using the programs to replace work.

Don't believe me, then just take a look at what Maine did with food stamps. They made requirements of: working part-time at least 20 hours a week, or being enrolled in a vocational program to get training to work, or dedicate 24 hours A MONTH in volunteer work.

Guess what happened? Most of them dropped out of the program. Seems they weren't that hungry after all.

I don't have a problem with them doing things like work for food programs. I do have a problem with you all who want to do away with a minimum wage or want it to remain stagnant.
When minimum wage goes up to 15, will the guy making 20 get more too or will his standard of living drop when the wage is increased.

It's never happened before. Why would it be any different now? Those are just scare tactics.

So you got out of high school, found a job paying $8.00 per hour, and you are learning things while on the job.

A couple of years go by, and you advanced in the company. You can now do several jobs and even supervise in one department. You are now making $15.00 per hour.

All of a sudden, Democrats get in power and raise the minimum wage to $15.00 an hour, and the new kids joining your company are now making the same money you are. Will you be happy with that?

Okay fine, but then what happens to the employees that were with the company longer and were making $20.00 per hour before the new minimum wage? Do you think they will be happy making just as much as you who has only been with the company a few years?

Because it's been stagnant for so long!! People who work FULL TIME jobs actually have to collect social services, and that means WE tax payers are footing the bill for these employers.

whats never happened before?

The scenario that you presented. When minimum wage rises, all wages rise along with it.

More than likely, and that makes our job creators more likely to leave the country for lower wage countries. This is what we've been experiencing the last couple of decades, but a huge minimum wage increase would be companies leaving on steroids.

Because it's been stagnant for so long!! People who work FULL TIME jobs actually have to collect social services, and that means WE tax payers are footing the bill for these employers.
why are you so worried about footing that bill but not the one for health care

I pay $22 a week for healthcare.

They don't have to collect anything. It's offered to them so they take it.

I'm a local truck driver and spend my days with businesses. Some of them use temporary agencies due to the flexibility in sales and in other cases, they use temporaries in order to see how they would work out if they need to hire people full-time.

I've been told repeatedly by managers of these companies that these temporary workers will only work so many hours a week. When things get busy, they offer temporary workers all the overtime they could handle. But they refuse it because it would cut into their government handouts.

I'm a local truck driver and spend my days with businesses. Some of them use temporary agencies due to the flexibility in sales and in other cases, they use temporaries in order to see how they would work out if they need to hire people full-time.

I've been told repeatedly by managers of these companies that these temporary workers will only work so many hours a week. When things get busy, they offer temporary workers all the overtime they could handle. But they refuse it because it would cut into their government handouts.

It's not "offered" to them. They are applicable for it because they fall BELOW poverty guidelines. ????

The rest of that post is certainly not true around here. I look at the want ads.

So not only do these employers (like Walmart, etc.) make a HUGE profit margin, they are screwing us taxpayers, you dummies! Lol! :rolleyes-41:

LOL:

Over the next five years, the analysts that follow this company are expecting it to grow earnings at an average annual rate of 3.11%. This year, analysts are forecasting earnings decrease of -9.73% over last year. Analysts expect earnings growth next year of 5.71% over this year's forecasted earnings.

Data Provider: Data is provided by Zacks Investment Research

Read more: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT) Forecast Earnings Growth

oh I see, so, if you are getting the benefit its good. but if others are getting a benefit its bad.
Here's an idea, how about you go to school and get an education that you can use to actually earn a living.
( its how we recruit new conservatives, we convince people to actually work)

So not only do these employers (like Walmart, etc.) make a HUGE profit margin, they are screwing us taxpayers, you dummies! Lol! :rolleyes-41:

LOL:

Over the next five years, the analysts that follow this company are expecting it to grow earnings at an average annual rate of 3.11%. This year, analysts are forecasting earnings decrease of -9.73% over last year. Analysts expect earnings growth next year of 5.71% over this year's forecasted earnings.

And what is their profit margin? POst that.

oh I see, so, if you are getting the benefit its good. but if others are getting a benefit its bad.
Here's an idea, how about you go to school and get an education that you can use to actually earn a living.

What are you talking about? I purchase my health insurance through my employer.

LOL:

if they are like most stores their profit margin is only going to be between 2 and 4 percent

It's not "offered" to them. They are applicable for it because they fall BELOW poverty guidelines. ????

The rest of that post is certainly not true around here. I look at the want ads.

Many of these people make sure they stay below the poverty line. Why work more hours if you end up breaking even when you consider what you get on welfare? It makes no sense.

Trust me, a few years ago I evicted one of my tenants because they kept falling further and further behind on rent, and she didn't want to work because it would cut into her food stamps.

:cuckoo:

Many of these people make sure they stay below the poverty line. Why work more hours if you end up breaking even when you consider what you get on welfare? It makes no sense.

Trust me, a few years ago I evicted one of my tenants because they kept falling further and further behind on rent, and she didn't want to work because it would cut into her food stamps.

You seem to think that collecting welfare is something that people actually WANT to do??? Are you serious?

Unfortunately, a secondary education is not readily available for a lot of people, and for some even when they do get a secondary education, they STILL do not make a whole lot of money. College is very expensive too.

Besides the fact that we are ALWAYS going to have low income people, so if you do not want to help support them through your taxes, you'd better start demanding that the employers pay them enough to live and pay the bills!

LOL:

Profit margins are irrelevant.

Large and small businesses rely on growth more than how much money they are worth. Why? Because those businesses heavily rely on investors to run their operations.

An investor could care less if the company was worth 10 billion or 10 million dollars. All they care about is company growth.

So Walmart is at let's say 3% growth on average. They fall under pressure from the public to pay their employees more money, so they do exactly that. Now their growth drops to 2.1%. Would you invest your hard earned money in a company that will only return 2.1%? Well nobody else would either. They would sell their stocks in that company and invest elsewhere.

LOL:

Profit margins are irrelevant.

Large and small businesses rely on growth more than how much money they are worth. Why? Because those businesses heavily rely on investors to run their operations.

An investor could care less if the company was worth 10 billion or 10 million dollars. All they care about is company growth.

So Walmart is at let's say 3% growth on average. They fall under pressure from the public to pay their employees more money, so they do exactly that. Now their growth drops to 2.1%. Would you invest your hard earned money in a company that will only return 2.1%? Well nobody else would either. They would sell their stocks in that company and invest elsewhere.

Well then, get ready to spend a whole lot of your tax money helping to pay the bills of low income people, as these employers are flying around on their private jets, wearing thousand dollar suits. :)

You seem to think that collecting welfare is something that people actually WANT to do??? Are you serious?

Unfortunately, a secondary education is not readily available for a lot of people, and for some even when they do get a secondary education, they STILL do not make a whole lot of money. College is very expensive too.

Well then let them come work with me!!!

This year alone, we need over 60,000 new tractor-trailer operators that industry can't find. Americans are too lazy eating their food stamp goodies and talking on their Obama phone.

Sure, you can't just jump in one of those things and drive, but most schools grant loans because they know once you graduate, you will have a guaranteed full-time job. Other companies not only provide free training to get you licensed, but will pay you while you learn, and again, guarantee you a full-time job.

Because these companies can't find Americans, they are turning to foreigners to do the job. These clowns can't even speak English and are terrible drivers to boot.

But what else can industry do when Americans are too comfortable living off of taxpayers and not wanting to work?

Forum List

Back