Well.. They got Us.. We're Screwed

Freedom is no longer what America is about. Dr's used to come here to practice medicine, they now will be tools of the state.

[FONT=times new roman,times]A government that grants itself this kind of power over us can conceivably do anything to us. For our own good, of course. Such a country is in no meaningful sense "free."
American Thinker: Where Were You When the Republic Died?

[/FONT]
In many rural areas, there is a serious physician shortage. With this, the folks in more urban areas will now experience that as well. Along with your obvious point, there are two possibilities with high probabilities:

1. We will need a bill to pay for students going to med school
2. That will likely result in med school education going the way of BS/BA education - those who don't deserve one will get one because grades will inflate to meet demand brought by increased admissions of those incapable.

You mean that there is not a third option, train our doctors well, as well as making sure that they have the finances to go to school?

Your wingnut Conservatism is pretty damned obvious.

However, you have a good point, it is time that we make sure that all who have the capabilities, and are willing to work, get as much higher education as they desire. Should we create that structure through Congress this year or next:lol:

Their arrogance will be their undoing. They may gloat now, but the "stupid masses" will have the final say on election day. All of the sweet deals given to those who must know they are trading their seats in definance of the will of the people, will eventually be left with a bitter taste in their mouths.

yes, well in the meantime, they are creaming in their pants.. and re distributing the wealth.. course nobody knows how they are really gonna pay for this..

Resorting once more to lies? CBO says that this will be better than revenue neutral, it will actually lessen the deficit. When have you Pubbies done that in the last eight years?

Remember, your record is inheriting a balanced budget, and turning it into a massive deficit.

The CBO?

You can't believe that bunch of government hacks.

Only Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, and Levin can be counted on for the truth.

Freedom is no longer what America is about. Dr's used to come here to practice medicine, they now will be tools of the state.

[FONT=times new roman,times]A government that grants itself this kind of power over us can conceivably do anything to us. For our own good, of course. Such a country is in no meaningful sense "free."
American Thinker: Where Were You When the Republic Died?

[/FONT]
In many rural areas, there is a serious physician shortage. With this, the folks in more urban areas will now experience that as well. Along with your obvious point, there are two possibilities with high probabilities:

1. We will need a bill to pay for students going to med school
2. That will likely result in med school education going the way of BS/BA education - those who don't deserve one will get one because grades will inflate to meet demand brought by increased admissions of those incapable.

You mean ....
No. I mean what I say and I say what I mean.

.... that there is not a third option, train our doctors well, as well as making sure that they have the finances to go to school? ....
Idealism is nice, however that did not work out for higher education at all. It's ruined it. A BS and/or BA is now irrelevant thanks to those who ignore reality in favor of dreams.

The rest of your post is irrelevant drivel.

"To serve the public faithfully and at the same time please it entirely is impossible." Ben Franklin

Bravo to all who worked to make America move a step forward.

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government." Thomas Jefferson

"Genuine politics -- even politics worthy of the name -- the only politics I am willing to devote myself to -- is simply a matter of serving those around us: serving the community and serving those who will come after us. Its deepest roots are moral because it is a responsibility expressed through action, to and for the whole." Vaclav Havel

Let me repeat, Bravo.

PS If you read about FDR and the GD you hear all the same moaning and groaning, and yet from FDR till Reagan is considered the Golden Age in America.

According to who? The Smurfs? :cuckoo:

It's good to see you actually have legitimate answers for the points made. :thup:

Not the brightest crayon in the box, are you?

Oh well.. Wait til you're here crying about the fact that you have no more control over your own life.

Stupidity abounds.

I see that you have been around for a long time, but I have never seen you before. And all of a sudden you just come out of nowhere to focus your attention on me. Right.

You and your pals seriously need to grow up. That's it for you, dumb broad.

SO only people that agree with you are allowed to voice their opinions or you put them on ignore?

Nice.:rolleyes:

This woman sends me a post that is rude and nasty. And you expect me to be glad and keep talking to her?? She was not in any way voicing an opinion or disagreeing with me about anything. I've never seen this person before.

So what's up with the nasty post from you??? If you want to communicate with people that call you names and are rude, go right ahead. I won't do that, is that okay??

This is quality. :cuckoo:

I just deleted 2 pm's from you without reading them. What part of, " I am not interested in what you have to say", do you not understand, oh obnoxious one?? That's what I will do to all of them. Save your energy.
Here is the one and only PM I have sent to you (other than copying you on a recent issue with staff). That was yesterday.
Rinata:

Although I am loathe to actually send you a PM, this is the second time that you have said that I do send them to you. FYI, THIS is an actual PM. What you keep calling PMs from me are not. I am simply neg repping you.

You simply receive notification of my neg reps to you in the form of PMs.

Consider this my one and only PM to you.

I will continue to neg rep you for stupid, illogical, vile, non-constructive, and/or non-thinking posts. You are not special in receiving neg reps from me. I neg rep the post, not the person.

It matters not to me if another ignores me (unless they proclaim that they will and don't follow through on it), but I ignore no one.

Si modo

Idiot

:lol:

I see that you have been around for a long time, but I have never seen you before. And all of a sudden you just come out of nowhere to focus your attention on me. Right.

SO only people that agree with you are allowed to voice their opinions or you put them on ignore?

This woman sends me a post that is rude and nasty. And you expect me to be glad and keep talking to her?? She was not in any way voicing an opinion or disagreeing with me about anything. I've never seen this person before.

So what's up with the nasty post from you??? If you want to communicate with people that call you names and are rude, go right ahead. I won't do that, is that okay??

You call what *I* said rude and nasty? Hell, I was in a GOOD mood.. Are you in for a rude awakening.

Then again, if you can't understand something as simple as how the reputation system on a message board works, I'm not sure why I expect you to see reason with something as complex and damaging as this healthcare bill...

TRUST me, nobody is PMing you, and if you don't want to know every time someone neg reps you, I suggest you toddle off to your widdle control panel, and turn off the notifications.

Her avatar is much better than yours, so i'm going to side with her. Sorry.

LMFAO! Thanks...

...I think?

Overheard a group of guys in a restaurant a while ago, there's a lot of very unhappy people and increasing tempers over the passing of this BILL.

One guy, in a loud voice, said:

"This is the largest extortion of money from the citizens and Redistribution of wealth in America's history,many Americans have just been financially shafted, their standards of living will take a downturn, and may take decades to ever recover".

I wonder how true these words are? I am for health care reform, but I think this is being implemented too fast and with a BILL that very few IF ANY, know what the hell it's all about and what the ramifications will be.

Like Nancy Pelosi said, paraphrased, sign this BILL, THEN we'll figure it out later.
What an idiot, in my opinion, yes let's all sign contracts in whatever we do without reading or understanding them. The first thing one does is, READ & UNDERSTAND A CONTRACT BEFORE SIGNING!

They passed this in a rush to get health care legislation passed into the Law of the Land, we may be reaping the negative economic after effects for decades. I agree with the guy that made that initial comment in the restaurant. We already are bled dry in taxation and now they come in for the kill.

At this point I can only hope for the best and that we do not lose professionals in the healthcare industry, more loss of jobs, and the list goes on, to the point of chaos. The long lines and delays WILL occur, both in appointments, tests, diagnosis and surgeries. NO different than other countries that have implemented such a national system.

LMFAO! Thanks...

...I think?
Oh, trust me. You want me on your side. I've got cool medieval swords, and stuff.

You call what *I* said rude and nasty? Hell, I was in a GOOD mood.. Are you in for a rude awakening.

Then again, if you can't understand something as simple as how the reputation system on a message board works, I'm not sure why I expect you to see reason with something as complex and damaging as this healthcare bill...

TRUST me, nobody is PMing you, and if you don't want to know every time someone neg reps you, I suggest you toddle off to your widdle control panel, and turn off the notifications.

Stop trying to control me, okay?? I'll say what I want and feel the way I feel. I don't read pm's from certain people and if I choose not to, it's none of your business. And if I say that I don't read them, that is none of your business either.

And really, what is there to understand about the message system?? Not everyone is like you.

Just so we are clear, you attacked me first and that's it for me. I will not be polite to people that do not have any social skills whatsoever and voice their disagreement over politics as a personal attack. Which is what the majority of conservatives do on this site. Got it?? If you don't like it, that's just tough.

No problem. I'll try and pick up the pieces of my shattered life and move on.

Stop trying to control me, okay?? I'll say what I want and feel the way I feel. I don't read pm's from certain people and if I choose not to, it's none of your business. And if I say that I don't read them, that is none of your business either.

And really, what is there to understand about the message system?? Not everyone is like you.

Just so we are clear, you attacked me first and that's it for me. I will not be polite to people that do not have any social skills whatsoever and voice their disagreement over politics as a personal attack. Which is what the majority of conservatives do on this site. Got it?? If you don't like it, that's just tough.

They give you meds to control that?

Oh, wait.. You'll run out, and then be on a waiting list...

Forum List

Back