Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Tried this "best grilled ham and cheese" from Emeril...Grill it Up a Notch Ham and Cheese Sandwich Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Recipes : Food Network

Fabulouso!

I wasn't sure about the honey, but it really made the sandwich.

I substituted a mixture of Grey Poupon and Woeber's reserve Horseradish sauce for the straight spicy mustard and added sauteed mushrooms and onions....yummy.

You need a flavorful ham for this recipe, the cold cut ham I used did get a little lost in the other flavors.

But it was still delish.

b7f4aa3a-defb-4917-ac02-52eb01d9be06_zpsb52ae986.jpg

I haven't eaten dinner tonight. Not hungry. Until I saw that sammich.

I guess I'll call it Italian glop....... :D

2 lbs chicken, cubed
(substitute with cubed sirloin steak)
1 med onion
1/2 large bag of cut broccoli
(substitute with 2 crowns fresh broccoli)
1 small spaghetti squash
Italian dressing
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp brown sugar

Quarter squash, scoop out seeds and boil for 17 minutes.
While squash is cooking cook the chicken and onion in olive oil with Italian seasoning.
Add broccoli.
When squash is done place in cold water to cool, scrap out the insides with a fork, add to chicken mixture add brown sugar and add half a small bottle of Italian dressing.
Cook on med for about 5 minutes, stir in Parmesan and serve.

I had 2 choc chip cookies and a lot of lemonade that I make w/water, sugar and lemon juice.

Have to go to a doctor appointment later today. Obammycare is strangely not helping. So it will be canned tuna and rice for the next week.

I guess the cookies for me were an appetizer..because later I had stuffing, lol.

I've been wanting to try out an idea I have for sourdough stuffing (like turkey/chicken stuffing) but I didn't want to try it out on a bunch of people in case it was terrible.

I used my own sourdough bread (I made two loaves this weekend but everybody is gone now so it's getting stale in my cupboard)...I cubed the bread, added salt, pepper, marjoram, garlic and tossed it, then added chopped onion, and doused the whole mess with my homemade chicken broth...

then I baked it.

I knew it would either be really bad, or really yummy..and it's really yummy! Much better than stuffing made with regular white bread or even corn bread (which I do really like). It is beautiful! I can't wait to serve it with poultry.

Not exactly a healthful or traditional dinner, I know. Tonight I think I'll have some of the green beans I canned earlier in the season. I don't know if I've even tried any yet!

Puerto Rican rice to go with your Puerto Rican avocado.

If you weren't born puerto rican, you have been turned into one by now.

I think you need to share your puerto rican rice recipe again..I know you did some time back, but I'm going to have to try it.

Puerto Rican rice to go with your Puerto Rican avocado.

If you weren't born puerto rican, you have been turned into one by now.

I think you need to share your puerto rican rice recipe again..I know you did some time back, but I'm going to have to try it.

No problem I will post it in here this afternoon!:eusa_angel:

Ok here is my Puerto Rican rice recipe, first you have to make your sofrito.

Recaito Recipe - Puerto Rican Sofrito

Here is a basic recipe for sofrito it is the base of the rice you cant make it without it, you can do sofrito a whole bunch of ways but this is a good basic one that I have used, if you can't find culantro regular cilantro will be fine. Make sure after you make the sofrito you put it in the ice trays so you will have frozen sofrito cubes.

Now heres what you need for the Puerto rice itself

2 and a half cups parboiled rice
2 cans Bushs Pinto beans
half a can of olives
1 Knorrs Chicken boullion cube
1 shot of cooking wine
1 packet of Saizon achiote (you can find this in the Spanish section)
Some bijole (also in the Spanish section, if you can't find this use badia yellow food coloring0
3 cubes of your frozen sofrito
Whatever meat you want to add ham, sausage, turkey, chicken, pork, etc I use sausage usually chopped up.

Pour a little oil in the pot and put in the Knorrs Chicken boullion cube, whatever meat you are using, 3 cubes of sofrito, the shot of cooking wine and the olives. Turn it on medium and cook until the cubes have melted. Than you add in the packet of Saizon achiote and sprinkle some bijole on there, stir and mix it for about 5 minutes it should appear red by this point. Now you pour in the rice and add 3 cups of water and put the lid on the pot and time it for 20 minutes, I stir it occasionally every 5 minutes or so to make sure the rice doesn't stick and to mix it. After 20 minutes check and the water should dissolve by this point and now you add in your 2 cans of beans, turn it on low and mix them in with the rice for about 5 minutes, fluff with a fork and it should be done.

Wow what on earth is sofrito?

Some years back I was all about brown rice with curry, shrimp & peas...I ate that like you eat this stuff.

Wow what on earth is sofrito?

Some years back I was all about brown rice with curry, shrimp & peas...I ate that like you eat this stuff.

Sofrito is a base that people in Puerto rico add to stews, rice, soups etc etc it was actually Italian immigrants to Puerto Rico that invented it. You have to have Sofrito to make the rice but making it is not hard, thats a pretty good recipe I gave you. If you can actually find culantro and those chili peppers the sofrito will be out of this world but they are hard to find you can still do it without them. I never heard of any of this either until my friend showed me at work.

I sauteed peppers and onions in a very simple garden fresh garlic and marjoram mixture and then grilled chicken sausage put it on Cuban Bread with grapes and plums on the side and had a delicious meal.

Great meal for a hot summer day!!!:thup:

Tonight, I am going to do something really bad, but I am willing to pay the price for it.

Grilled honey roasted thinly sliced turkey and cheese sandwich on REAL BREAD...not gluten free stuff.
TWO whole pieces of REAL BREAD!! I am so looking forward to that. :)

I bought this avacado at the store yesterday and it was as hard as a rock, so I threw it out smfh. Still had the Puerto Rican rice though.

I sauteed peppers and onions in a very simple garden fresh garlic and marjoram mixture and then grilled chicken sausage put it on Cuban Bread with grapes and plums on the side and had a delicious meal.

Great meal for a hot summer day!!!:thup:

I bet the sausage looked the same going in as it did going out. Maybe you could re-heat it.

Forum List

Back