Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

It was just me and the boy tonight...he wanted grilled cheese and tomato soup again, and I had a lot of soup left so I humored him. I had a liverwurst sammich. But I feel like I've been cooking all night because, well, I've been cooking all night. 4 quarts of broth and 1 quart of chicken in broth in the canner. More to go tomorrow. 40 minutes before I can start shutting it down....

I've been torturing myself at pinterest, looking at quick and easy recipes. This is my collection, below.

Enter at your own risk.

Quick Easy Nom Noms!

For dinner tonight...I had left over fried spaghetti and honey sliced ham rolled over cheddar cheese dipped in ranch dressing. Simple, but filled the belly.

Last night I had baked chicken and vegetables. I put some olive oil in the bottom of a glass baking dish, then put in some chicken breasts. Then put in cut up vegetables (they can be whatever you wish or what is on hand). Then I put on seasonings, again, whatever you wish. Then I poured about 1/2 cup of white wine over it all, covered it w/foil and baked for 1 hour. Then I uncovered it, stirred up the vegetables, basted everything with the juice at the bottom of the pan, made sure the chicken was not covered so it could brown, dotted it with butter, and baked for another 45 minutes.

Tonight I am going to make up an asparagus soup mix packet, put in cut up chicken pieces and have chicken soup with crakers, with a salad and a glass of white wine.

:)

Last edited:
Been finishing off a big pot of chicken corn chowder I made the other day. I like dishes that leave leftovers, particularly the ones where they taste even better after being stored for a bit.

I picked up some eye of round steak, Apothic Red Wine, and a leek (couldn't find a shallot anywhere) and made this.

[youtube]iUJuLL5JalA[/youtube]​

It made some of the best gravy I've ever had.

I mixed in 3 tbsp of the creme fresh I made last week, and OMG...

1986f475-eb82-4210-931b-41be285ce24e_zps978a4b56.jpg

Last edited:
I was semi lazy and made chili dogs without the bun. I used hashbrowns instead. Then chopped up hot dogs and sprinkled on top then poured the chili on top of that, then added the cheese. It was really good.

Well I want to have spaghetti, but I'm in the middle of the great fruit fly migration..there are hundreds in my kitchen and I don't know from whence they came. I don't want to cook because then we'll be eating them, and I really can't handle that. I don't care how many times you tell me, "oh it's just a little more protein" or "there's all kinds of bugs in your food, you just don't know it" I still can't bring myself to knowingly consume them.

I picked up some eye of round steak, Apothic Red Wine, and a leek (couldn't find a shallot anywhere) and made this.

I'm going to try this. Thanks for posting the video.

You won't be disappointed.

I used about three quarters of a 15 ounce can of Swanson's beef broth...she doesn't cover that in the video.

The gravy was out of this world.

Last edited:

I used about three quarters of a 15 ounce can of Swanson's beef broth...she doesn't cover that in the video.

It looks great. I have cooked steaks and mushrooms in a marsala wine before (great flavor). But I like the idea here of coating the meat with spices and flour and then a slow cook.

And thanks for the extra tip BTW! :)

I ate McDonalds on the way home. I stopped at the supermarket and bought tea for my dad and sister, though.

It looks great. I have cooked steaks and mushrooms in a marsala wine before (great flavor). But I like the idea here of coating the meat with spices and flour and then a slow cook.

And thanks for the extra tip BTW! :)

That is a great way to cook tougher cuts of meat.

I'm canning beans today, so we're having beans (that I didn't can) and homemade bread for dinner.

And leftover baked spaghetti.

Maybe some sliced tomatoes...

Tried this "best grilled ham and cheese" from Emeril...Grill it Up a Notch Ham and Cheese Sandwich Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Recipes : Food Network

Fabulouso!

I wasn't sure about the honey, but it really made the sandwich.

I substituted a mixture of Grey Poupon and Woeber's reserve Horseradish sauce for the straight spicy mustard and added sauteed mushrooms and onions....yummy.

You need a flavorful ham for this recipe, the cold cut ham I used did get a little lost in the other flavors.

But it was still delish.

b7f4aa3a-defb-4917-ac02-52eb01d9be06_zpsb52ae986.jpg

Forum List

Back