Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I had a few things left over from the weekend so tonight it's seared sea scallops with cucumber pineapple salsa served over ginger scented rice.

I went to Carenas last night a Jamaican grill here, I had the curry goat.

You're killen me!!
They make good jerk chicken?

Not easy to make. First you gotta find a chicken that's a democrat. It's also gotta be one of those chickens that goes through the 'Ten Items or Less' lane with 20-something items, parks in a handicapped space unnecessarily, and always calls right at dinnertime to sell you something.

So satisfying to cook, though...

We're busy working on a home improvement project, so dinner was a quick "breakfast anytime" one. Soft scrambled eggs, bacon, and buttermilk biscuits.

We're busy working on a home improvement project, so dinner was a quick "breakfast anytime" one. Soft scrambled eggs, bacon, and buttermilk biscuits.

MMM biscuits.

I think we'll have home made biscuits and sausage gravy tonight.

I went to Carenas last night a Jamaican grill here, I had the curry goat.

You're killen me!!

I have not had their jerked chicken yet, I may try that next time.

Now you've done it! Gonna have to fire up the pit and make some jerk chicken this weekend.
Brought home some scotch bonnet seeds from Jamaica and grew some peppers for that authentic touch. Man are they HOT!!!

You're killen me!!

Now you've done it! Gonna have to fire up the pit and make some jerk chicken this weekend.
Brought home some scotch bonnet seeds from Jamaica and grew some peppers for that authentic touch. Man are they HOT!!!

I cannot find scotch bonnet seeds anywhere here man that sounds so good. I had Chicken Fiesta last night, half a chicken with rice and fries, Pepsi to wash it down.

I cannot find scotch bonnet seeds anywhere here man that sounds so good. I had Chicken Fiesta last night, half a chicken with rice and fries, Pepsi to wash it down.

Habanero peppers are so close most cant tell the difference. Some say they are the exact same pepper. I disagree. The Scotch Bonnet is a little sweeter,but in a pinch the Habanero works fine. You can even add a touch of sugar to make up the difference.

Habanero peppers are so close most cant tell the difference. Some say they are the exact same pepper. I disagree. The Scotch Bonnet is a little sweeter,but in a pinch the Habanero works fine. You can even add a touch of sugar to make up the difference.
Not sure about the Scotch Bonnet, but we use the Habanero orange colored chili peppers quite a bit in our cooking. It is quite spicy, and adds a lot of kick to the food, especially curries, stews, and soups. Poore Brothers Habanero chips are also great, very hot!

Forum List

Back