Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Wonder why they tried to talk you out of it. It looks really good to me.

It was fantastic. It's not like traditional spaghetti at all and they explained most people don't "get" that they were amazed I liked it. Weird, huh? After all it was an Asian restaurant

I actually developed a picture in my mind that might be really good. I love Mexican food and I like Italian (and I like Chinese). I wonder what a Taco Meat/Spaghetti dish would taste like. I'm going to try that tonight.

A vegetarian meal: chana masala with brown rice and green beans on the side.

images

Went to Mimi's last night.

1) Bowl (not cup) of French Onion Soup (I could have eaten a gallon of that liquid Heaven).
2) Sweet bread (kind of a dark, cake-like bread) and butter.
3) Tournedos du Boeuf (small, beef medallions - well done)
4) Mashed potatoes.
5) Steamed broccoli.
6) Lemonade

If you've never had their French Onion Soup you gotta try it:
french_onion_soup_lg.jpg

I love French Onion Soup....that one in the picture looks just the way I like it!

Got a birthday party to take my little guy to at the park this afternoon, so probably doing the grilled burgers and hot dogs thing. When we come home, I'm going to cobble together some sort of dirty rice/jambalaya knockoff with crusty garlic bread. I assume we'll be having soda and KoolAid to drink.

I haven't eaten yet. But I am looking at a slab of tilapia and a mountain of asparagus. It will fill my belly......but will only add about 400 calories to the diet. My wife and kids are eating rigatoni and eggplant Parmesan.

What fun.

I haven't eaten yet. But I am looking at a slab of tilapia and a mountain of asparagus. It will fill my belly......but will only add about 400 calories to the diet. My wife and kids are eating rigatoni and eggplant Parmesan.

What fun.

I would kill for some fish or seafood, but it's never terribly inexpensive in a desert, and this does not appear to be a "less expensive" season for them right now. I may have to splurge.

Had a big lunch at Cracker Barrell, after church.....so tonight it's light...probably leftovers from yesterday. No telling what it will look like once I put it all together....:lol:

Mesquite smoked chicken, rosemary baked potatos and some green beans with bacon greese added. Yes, I flagrantly stole that idea from another member who posted here and it was awesome.

Not dinner, but lunch.

I'm still in a bit of shock. I had lunch at a VEGAN restaurant, and it was Delish!

As a policy, I generally do not eat at restaurants which do not feature bacon or some other form of dead animal on the menu, ...but I was talked into trying a VEGAN place in Berkeley. I will clarify that it was NOT Cafe Gratitude, which is about the worst restaurant I have every endured. I can't stand their bizarro daily affirmation menu (I Am Whole, I Am Grateful, I Am Fortified, I Am Extrordinary...)

So, I had pesto veggie crepes, which were absolute divine.

Forum List

Back