Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Crock pot pork ribs, mashy taters, brolloci.

How'd the ribs come out? I've tried it once in the crock pot but didnt care for the texture.
Thinking I might pull em out of the crock pot early and throw em on the smoker to finish next time.

Quite good. I think they were "country style" ribs. Meaty with bone.
Let's see if I can remember this...

Some chopped onion
Maybe 2 cloves garlic
A little brown sugar
a Tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar
1/2 apple sliced into 4 (count 'em, four) pieces
Some cracked black pepper
A sprinkle of chipolte powder
Two slices of raw bacon
About 1/2 Cup BBQ sauce

The pot was on low for 5 or 5-/12 hrs.
The fat and water will render from the meat, so I put that on them taters.

Oh hey that's a good idea to finish them on a grill :thup:

Last edited:
Crock pot pork ribs, mashy taters, brolloci.

How'd the ribs come out? I've tried it once in the crock pot but didnt care for the texture.
Thinking I might pull em out of the crock pot early and throw em on the smoker to finish next time.

Quite good. I think they were "country style" ribs. Meaty with bone.
Let's see if I can remember this...

Some chopped onion
Maybe 2 cloves garlic
A little brown sugar
a Tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar
1/2 apple sliced into 4 (count 'em, four) pieces
Some cracked black pepper
A sprinkle of chipolte powder
Two slices of raw bacon
About 1/2 Cup BBQ sauce

The pot was on low for 5 or 5-/12 hrs.
The fat and water will render from the meat, so I put that on them taters.

Oh hey that's a good idea to finish them on a grill :thup:

The flavor was okay,I just didnt care for em without some bark on the outside.
They were a little to tender as well. Pulling em a little sooner and throwing em on the pit should alleviate both problems.
I'll give it another shot when football starts.

Last night was date night with the wife. Went to a cool place in the downtown area where the local university students hang out called "The Salted Pig". Had a brisket sandwich with a tasty chipotle dip, with fried zucchini, and a lemon drop martini. After that just listened to the live music and enjoyed the evening.

Last night I had a business dinner at a restaurant that I can't stand. One of my colleagues set it up. The place is pretentious and overrated, and the food rather ordinary.

Not memorable enough to even mention what we had.

Next time, I'm making the arrangements.

Or go for a complete dive with fabulous food that you eat out of a newspaper lined box or something lol.

Don't feel bad though..my pork chops were like completely tasteless. I didn't even realize that meat could be so tasteless. It looked like meat, and it was meat textured, but seriously, it tasted like artificial, tasteless food. My gravy was even depressing..looked beautiful. Tasted like nothing.

Oh well as I am forever telling the kids..every meal can't be a gourmet delight. Sometimes, you're just eating to live. We can't live to eat 24/7.

Butterflied leg 'o 'lamb on the BBQ : )) Green garden salad, salad of rice mixture with peas (lemon/mint seasoning), sweet potato tater tots, sangria, and for dessert - fresh strawberry pie and key lime pie!

Tonight will probably be something quite mundane.......

Tonight...SuperSonic Double Cheeseburger, tater tots and Dr Pepper!:D

Tomorrow night...Hsu's Gourmet Chinese...Gang Pong Shrimp followed by Raspberry Flambe:eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back