Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

It's watermelon season!

29217-Juicy-Watermelon.jpg

I love watermelon! :)

Don't feel bad though..my pork chops were like completely tasteless. I didn't even realize that meat could be so tasteless. It looked like meat, and it was meat textured, but seriously, it tasted like artificial, tasteless food. My gravy was even depressing..looked beautiful. Tasted like nothing.

Oh well as I am forever telling the kids..every meal can't be a gourmet delight. Sometimes, you're just eating to live. We can't live to eat 24/7.

I think you mean 'flavorless'.

It's your posts that are tasteless.

I am off to Hsu's for Gang Pong Shrimp accompanied by steamed rice and single malt scotch..followed by raspberry flambe. (It's a dessert for two...I'm dining alone...I guess I'll just have to eat both servings!)

Tomorrow night I'm cooking tamales (the best in the world) for all my children, all of their children and a few other hongree hombres. We'll have 10 dozen amongst us...along with spaghetti, salad, rolls, real butter and sweet tea. (I can't seem to convert any of them to the single malt scotch!)

I love my fishies smoked! But we just had regular fish: herb-crusted salmon patties, new potatoes with parsley, rosemary and a bit of butter, steamed asparagus and creamed spinach (with grated onion hiding in it)...... Dessert is crunchy vanilla cookies and cantaloupe. Oh, and somewhere in there was a white Zinfandel.

I love my fishies smoked! But we just had regular fish: herb-crusted salmon patties, new potatoes with parsley, rosemary and a bit of butter, steamed asparagus and creamed spinach (with grated onion hiding in it)...... Dessert is crunchy vanilla cookies and cantaloupe. Oh, and somewhere in there was a white Zinfandel.

That is a delicious-sounding meal. I love new potatoes, steamed just until the tops break open, and I serve them with butter, dill weed and fresh lemon squeezed all over. :thup: English muffins, buttered and toasted in the oven, under the broiler.....:thup:

Tonight, we're doing Subway sandwiches because it's been a very long day at work, and the day before payday (which is Thursday this week, in honor of Independence Day and the banks being closed), the cupboards are darned near bare. :)

Anyone else barbecuing their brains out on Friday? I'm stocking up on the on-sale fixin's and we're all going to swim and eat ourselves into a coma. Good times.

Scampi..that the dogs wound up having.
I finally tried a burned hot dog. That suited me.

Forum List

Back