🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Bacon, Cabbage and noodles (chow mein) with Tonkatsu sauce

Aya07.jpg

I have never even heard of tonkatsu sauce. What is it?

Tonight: home made gyros with tzatziki sauce.

Is the tzatziki sauce homemade, too? God, I LOVE that stuff. Soooo many things you can use it on.

Tonight, we're having ravioli casserole and a spring green vinaigrette salad. Quinn describes it as "little pockets of deliciousness, and the pockets are delicious, too".

Yep. I love tzatziki sauce too.

What's in your ravioli casserole?

You take some marinara sauce, spread a thin layer on the bottom of the pan, spread a single layer of ravioli, put another layer of sauce and some shredded Italian cheese on that, spread a second layer of ravioli, and then put sauce and cheese on top of that. I also decided to put sweet Italian sausage in the middle, and I'm thinking next time, I'll put some baby spinach in.

You can make the stuff from scratch if you want, but I tend to be too busy to mess with it, so I got frozen ravioli and a couple jars of Prego sauce at the supermarket and ran with it.

I love lasagna, but buying one pre-made is really too much money for the amount of food, and making one from scratch is too fiddly. This makes a great substitute.

Yesterday I had a big lunch with my sister and my niece.

We went to a salad bar and had huge salads.

So for dinner I was not hungry and just sliced up a few cuts of summer sausage from the fridge with swiss cheese and olives for supper.

Tonight I will bake a whole chicken and eat the dark meat right away when it is falling off the bone done.

Then I will make homemade soup out of the breasts for the next couple of days. That's what I usually do with a roasted chicken.

I love the dark meat fresh out of the oven.

And the white meat I prefer in chicken vegie soup.

Everyone should always have some meat -- about 6 oz -- with every meal. 6 oz is about the size of a normal can of tuna. This is what your body needs in protein every day.

They used to teach this to all the young ladies in Home Ec class in high school. But now all those girls are just fokking is all so now the guys need to learn about cooking too. The girls don't learn how to cook anymore. Just how to fokk. And then the girls become vegetarian/vegan since they don't know anything about the 4 food groups.

Joe went to the Walmart Marketplace to grab a sandwich for lunch, and happened upon some containers stuffed with premium deli turkey and roast beast on manager's special. Being a smart man, he snagged all of them and brought them home. I went and got hoagie rolls, spinach (I hate iceberg lettuce, and apparently all the farms for other types of lettuce had some sort of plague that killed the plants), and vine-ripened tomatoes, and we had a glorious cold-cuts night.

Tonight: home made gyros with tzatziki sauce.

Is the tzatziki sauce homemade, too? God, I LOVE that stuff. Soooo many things you can use it on.

Tonight, we're having ravioli casserole and a spring green vinaigrette salad. Quinn describes it as "little pockets of deliciousness, and the pockets are delicious, too".

Yep. I love tzatziki sauce too.

What's in your ravioli casserole?

You take some marinara sauce, spread a thin layer on the bottom of the pan, spread a single layer of ravioli, put another layer of sauce and some shredded Italian cheese on that, spread a second layer of ravioli, and then put sauce and cheese on top of that. I also decided to put sweet Italian sausage in the middle, and I'm thinking next time, I'll put some baby spinach in.

You can make the stuff from scratch if you want, but I tend to be too busy to mess with it, so I got frozen ravioli and a couple jars of Prego sauce at the supermarket and ran with it.

I love lasagna, but buying one pre-made is really too much money for the amount of food, and making one from scratch is too fiddly. This makes a great substitute.

Thanks. That I can do.

BLTs. Tomorrow is chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans.

Lately, went back to a gas stove. Gas rules. Busted out the cast iron ware and added to it. Latest effort was red potatoes, onion, carrots, roast beast chunks, olive oil, salt, fresh ground pepper and a little caraway seeds in a cast iron dutch oven on the stove top for an hour or so. Very easy, healthy and simple. Just like me.

Zucchini stir-fry with angel-hair pasta, potato salad, and sweet-potato chips (and red wine of course).

Lately, went back to a gas stove. Gas rules. Busted out the cast iron ware and added to it. Latest effort was red potatoes, onion, carrots, roast beast chunks, olive oil, salt, fresh ground pepper and a little caraway seeds in a cast iron dutch oven on the stove top for an hour or so. Very easy, healthy and simple. Just like me.

Ehrmagerd, I got an enameled cast iron Dutch oven not too long ago, and I LOVE it! I couldn't get Joe to understand the necessity of a Dutch oven just by explaining it, but once I cooked something in it, he was a convert.

Ehrmagerd, I got an enameled cast iron Dutch oven not too long ago, and I LOVE it! I couldn't get Joe to understand the necessity of a Dutch oven just by explaining it, but once I cooked something in it, he was a convert.
I think it's the density of the cast iron, keeps a steady uniform heat. I have Green Pans too but use them for quick stuff now.

I think it's the density of the cast iron, keeps a steady uniform heat. I have Green Pans too but use them for quick stuff now.

Exactly. The cast iron does wonders to prevent that one little spot that gets ALL the heat and burns. And, of course, with a Dutch oven, you can sear the meat on the stovetop, and then bake it the rest of the way, so it's tender and still gets that extra flavor.

We were at Disneyland last weekend. We ate at the Jazz Kitchen, and it was AMAZING

I had bacon-wrapped meat loaf with collards and mac n cheese, and it was just so stinking good.

The collard greens are a little sweet and they have onions in them...super yummy.

Everybody else had chicken and steak...

We all shared the chocolate bread pudding with white and dark chocolate warm ganache...

omgomgomg.

I have to admit, that is not what I would have ordered.
Louisiana food lol. I was raised on that stuff, though I'm not from Louisiana. It was that or catfish...they had gumbo but I am not crazy for gumbo. Niece had New York, son had filet, daughter had chicken I'm not sure what they do to the chicken but it wasn't her cup of tea lol. It was like a half a chicken, minus the leg, with the bones or most of them in, flattened battered and fried.

My dad caught catfish and we ate them when I was a girl and I loved it. I made the mistake of thinking that catfish always was that good, and as a result of that foolish assumption, now I don't ever eat catfish. I hope I'll eat it in heaven with my dad.

Seriously, the bread pudding...amazing. They bring it out in a stainless custard dish. The server caves in the middle with a serving spoon, and pours some of both the ganache's into the middle. It's a single dessert, but there were four of us and we all just dug in and everybody got a lot.

IMG_7400.jpg

We had virgin mojitos as our non-alcoholic alcoholic appetizers hahahaha.

Forum List

Back