Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Last light for dinner I made orange chicken nuggets served over a bed of fried rice, corn and green beans. It was my first time making this dish and since it went over well, I am adding it to my quickly growing menu.
Love stir fry.

Valentine's Day I cooked for my mom and family at her house. Citrus marinaded baked chicken,cubed baked and seasoned potatoes and a fresh spinach salad. First time I had tried that Citrus blend. It was good.

There's a pub in town that serves what they call "Dornish fries", based on Game of Thrones. I stole their recipe to use on chicken. Basically, it's orange juice, pepper, paprika, ground cloves, and cayenne pepper. How spicy you want to make it is entirely up to you.

As a continuing resurrection to this old dinner thread, I am about to make chicken vegetable soup.

Yesterday I roasted a large chicken. I always eat the dark meats right away and don't particularly like the breast meat. So I save the breast meat for leftovers later.

So tonight I will use to the breast meat to make fresh homemade chicken soup.

I start by stir frying a chopped onion and mushrooms and some gumbo vegies with green beans too. This makes a great vegie stock. Then I add milk and water and the skinned and de-boned chicken breast meat sliced up, and simmer this for about 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.

When you cook leftovers you should always simmer them for 10 mins to kill any bacteria.

And you need about 1/8th teaspoon of salt per day for your electrolyte levels.

Pepper just makes everything taste good.

Yum !!!

I am having cod and ex is having barbque chicken (oven), baked taters, corn. For dessert....hmm. Not sure yet. Probably a nilla shake.

And you?
Poor Grace started this thread back in 2011 and then for her trouble she/he/it got banned. So sad.

Love stir fry.

Valentine's Day I cooked for my mom and family at her house. Citrus marinaded baked chicken,cubed baked and seasoned potatoes and a fresh spinach salad. First time I had tried that Citrus blend. It was good.
Looks like BlueGin loves chicken too.

And of course blue gin.

I would prefer Beefeaters gin, but I mostly drink moonshine chased with white wine with my chicken.

Creamy chicken spaghetti with mushrooms and spinach.
Looks like Cecilie1200 likes chicken and mushrooms too.

What's not to love about chicken and mushrooms? I think what really made it good was that the recipe called for coating the chicken pieces in spices before browning them.

Tonight, my grandson is spending the night, so it's kid food: hot dogs, pizza rolls, potato chips.

What's not to love about chicken and mushrooms? I think what really made it good was that the recipe called for coating the chicken pieces in spices before browning them.

Tonight, my grandson is spending the night, so it's kid food: hot dogs, pizza rolls, potato chips.
I'll have some pizza rolls, please. :)

From my leftover beef roast, I had roast beef sandwiches for dinner.

Now all the beef roast is gone, and I can roast something else again.

Probably go with a chicken again. Had beef roast and corned beef the last two times.

With some of my leftover beef roast I made beef and mushroom soup with okra and noodles. It was good too.

Time for some midnight berries and nuts.

Just got back from walking my cat around the block.

He likes to go walking either after midnight or just before dawn.

So he wakes me around those times by meowing into my ear.

I can hear it in my sleep and it wakes me up.

I made a great side dish to go with the usual chicken dinner last night

I spiralized red and yellow beets into noodles tossed then with olive oil salt and pepper and roasted them at 350 until just tender.
I tossed them with arugula pistachios dressed it with a light white wine vinaigrette and topped with some crumbled goat cheese

it was really good

next time I'm going to use walnuts pears and blue cheese with the beet noodles

Chuck roast. AKA Yankee pot roast.

1 good chuck roast & potatoes.

THE HOLY TRINITY! (Onions, celery, carrots)

Rub chuck roast with salt, black pepper & garlic. Brown

Throw roast in simmering water for a few hours with the rest of the ingredients.

Enjoy!

Make beef and noodle soup with the leftovers tomorrow.

Throw roast in simmering water for a few hours with the rest of the ingredients.

Enjoy!

I would leave out the garlic.

And I would add the water to the frying pan to scald and dissolve the gravy drippings into the broth after the browning/frying.

Sounds good though.

I'll have some pizza rolls, please. :)

Got my grandson for the whole week, because it's spring break. Scrambling for inexpensive meals that make up large amounts of food at this point. I'm thinking tonight, we go with the time-honored chicken corn chowder and garlic bread.

Enjoy!

I would leave out the garlic.

And I would add the water to the frying pan to scald and dissolve the gravy drippings into the broth after the browning/frying.

Sounds good though.

I love deglazing for sauce. Makes the most delicious, savory stuff.

From my leftover beef roast, I had roast beef sandwiches for dinner.

Now all the beef roast is gone, and I can roast something else again.

Probably go with a chicken again. Had beef roast and corned beef the last two times.

I have an extra corned beef in the freezer from the St. Patrick's Day sales. I'm definitely seeing corned beef and potatoes tomorrow.

Stuffed yellow bell peppers, twice baked potatoes, green salad and a Butterfingers cake.

Teens.

Forum List

Back