Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Went grocery shopping yesterday, and I hate cooking right after shopping, so I picked up some fried chicken and potato salad. Tonight, we're doing the chicken corn chowder and biscuits.

Went grocery shopping yesterday, and I hate cooking right after shopping, so I picked up some fried chicken and potato salad. Tonight, we're doing the chicken corn chowder and biscuits.

Me too. A lot of times, I will just pick up one of those rotisserie chickens and eat that when I get home.

Yup. Or fried chicken, or a frozen lasagna if I have enough time to bake it before dinner time. Manwiches are always a popular choice. I don't really approve, but my guys love them, so . . .

Me too. A lot of times, I will just pick up one of those rotisserie chickens and eat that when I get home.

Yup. Or fried chicken, or a frozen lasagna if I have enough time to bake it before dinner time. Manwiches are always a popular choice. I don't really approve, but my guys love them, so . . .

Or Chinese food! No cleaning up or cooking.

I won't be cooking tonight because I have to work. I will just pick up something and bring it to work and eat later on. Tomorrow, I'm making a T-bone steak with mushrooms sauteed in butter and twice baked potatoes. :2up:

Ah, yes, I had my baking muse singing to me tonight. I whipped up an home-made pepperoni & mushroom pizza on a blended whole wheat crust. Nummies!
When you have pizza, everybody is your friend!
Pizza2.JPG

Is this your pizza or a picture off the internet? It looks really good. Lots of cheese!
Oh no, that is the real thing. Here is the "after" photo... yeah, I was kind of hungry...
PizzaAfter.JPG

I use the full 8oz bag of cheese, triple cheese I guess.
I love mushroom pizza.
Yuppers, mushrooms make the pizza. The only sad thing is that I was out of Canadian Bacon. Did not realize it until it was too late.

Is this your pizza or a picture off the internet? It looks really good. Lots of cheese!
Oh no, that is the real thing. Here is the "after" photo... yeah, I was kind of hungry...
View attachment 107703

I use the full 8oz bag of cheese, triple cheese I guess.
I love mushroom pizza.
Yuppers, mushrooms make the pizza. The only sad thing is that I was out of Canadian Bacon. Did not realize it until it was too late.

Canadian bacon? That's ham. :D

We don't order in Chinese food, unfortunately, because my husband IS Chinese, and insists that we should make it. Not that it's hard, but . . .

I kept it simple for inauguration day. I prepared fried hot dogs (Oscar Mayer Jumbo Angus Beef) covered with chili and topped with shredded cheddar and sour cream, served with corn bread muffins and wine for the wife and vodka (a generous amount) for the cook.

We don't order in Chinese food, unfortunately, because my husband IS Chinese, and insists that we should make it. Not that it's hard, but . . .

I make homemade Chinese sometimes. I actually like my version of fried rice better than the restaurants.

I make homemade Chinese sometimes. I actually like my version of fried rice better than the restaurants.

It just seems sometimes that my husband's decrees as to how things "should" be always involve more work for me.

It just seems sometimes that my husband's decrees as to how things "should" be always involve more work for me.

Lol! Of course. Isn't that always the way? :)

Touché, Cecilie, touché!
Ah, yes, I had my baking muse singing to me tonight. I whipped up an home-made pepperoni & mushroom pizza on a blended whole wheat crust. Nummies!
When you have pizza, everybody is your friend!
View attachment 107599

When you have pizza, you don't NEED any other friends.

In fact, when you have pizza, it's better NOT to have friends, because they might want some.

I'm going to make some fried rice for dinner tomorrow. Maybe I'll pick up some wings and have some wings too.

I would like to try to make teriyaki again. I bought a flank steak and made some before, but I cut it a bit too thick, I think, and it was a little on the tough side. It tasted good though. I'm going to try it again and slice it thinner and maybe marinate it a bit longer too. I even have the wooden skewers to make it more authentic. :D

Forum List

Back