🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Stuffed yellow bell peppers, twice baked potatoes, green salad and a Butterfingers cake.

Teens.

I really need to make some stuffed peppers. My husband and I pretty much disassembled the whole kitchen and scrubbed it down to within an inch of its life yesterday, and now I'm dying to go in and cook tons of stuff.

I went with hamburger and mushroom soup.

Did not feel like making anything more sophisticated while I watched the evening news on the melt down of the GOP on Trumpcare.

So I stir fried some ground steak, added mushrooms, browned both, added vegies, and then added beef & mushroom soup mix and some noodles for carbs.

Tasted good. Especially the browned meat and mushrooms.

Tonight I will make real hamburgers instead, with fresh tomato slices on it.

Stuffed yellow bell peppers, twice baked potatoes, green salad and a Butterfingers cake.

Teens.

I really need to make some stuffed peppers. My husband and I pretty much disassembled the whole kitchen and scrubbed it down to within an inch of its life yesterday, and now I'm dying to go in and cook tons of stuff.

A clean kitchen is an open invitation if ever there was one.

Teens.

A clean kitchen is an open invitation if ever there was one.

I know, right?

Joe goes out with his friends on Saturday, so it's my day to hang out with the boys. Also, he informed me when I left work that the boys finished a bunch of fiddly little extra chores - part of my spring cleaning - that I left them, so I decided to reward them with a junk-food-and-movie day. I brought home bacon-pepperoni pizza rolls (because, BACON), a couple of veggie trays (Yeah, I know it's not really junk food, but we all love them), some chips, a strawberry shortcake, and some ice cream. Haven't decided yet what we're going to watch.

85233110_large_p_zpsuenhrngr.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and did you know that, when Joe and I got married, he didn't realize that there was more to deep-cleaning a kitchen than just the everyday wash the dishes, wipe down the counters and stove, sweep and mop the floor? I have no idea where he was when his mom did this stuff, or how he thought all the other stuff got done. He was shocked the first time I made him pull the fridge and stove out from the wall so I could clean the floor under them.

Oh, and did you know that, when Joe and I got married, he didn't realize that there was more to deep-cleaning a kitchen than just the everyday wash the dishes, wipe down the counters and stove, sweep and mop the floor? I have no idea where he was when his mom did this stuff, or how he thought all the other stuff got done. He was shocked the first time I made him pull the fridge and stove out from the wall so I could clean the floor under them.

Is that a guy thing, you think?

I think it's a socialization thing, actually. These are just things that seem to be taught mother to daughter, and most mothers don't seem to think to teach their sons to clean that way.

I think it's a socialization thing, actually. These are just things that seem to be taught mother to daughter, and most mothers don't seem to think to teach their sons to clean that way.

IDK, I have a kid that gets that look of puzzlement each and every time we go over some aspect of cleaning. Every time.

IDK, I have a kid that gets that look of puzzlement each and every time we go over some aspect of cleaning. Every time.

Well, that may just be a personal quirk of his. Lord knows, I know women who don't get the concept or the importance of cleanliness. And while Joe hates moving the appliances - and who can blame him? - and was never taught the proper methods for getting things really clean, he definitely WANTS them clean and enjoys having them that way.

mr boe requested sloppy joes to go with watching the Elite Eight games yesterday. So, I happily obliged.

They were really good! My grandma's recipe is faboo.

Tonight: home made gyros with tzatziki sauce.

Is the tzatziki sauce homemade, too? God, I LOVE that stuff. Soooo many things you can use it on.

Tonight, we're having ravioli casserole and a spring green vinaigrette salad. Quinn describes it as "little pockets of deliciousness, and the pockets are delicious, too".

Tonight: home made gyros with tzatziki sauce.

Is the tzatziki sauce homemade, too? God, I LOVE that stuff. Soooo many things you can use it on.

Tonight, we're having ravioli casserole and a spring green vinaigrette salad. Quinn describes it as "little pockets of deliciousness, and the pockets are delicious, too".

Yep. I love tzatziki sauce too.

What's in your ravioli casserole?

Forum List

Back