Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

A half hour? Screw that. I seldom spend more than 10 minutes. Last night I fried chicken breast pieces and threw in the veggies, broccoli, tomato, garlic, cauliflower and spinach. Then tossed in some peanuts, cooked in olive oil. Salt and peppered to season. I have enough for one or two more meals.

Alrighty then! :biggrin: I am impressed...anyone who can prep and cook a meal in 10 minutes is a hero in my cookbook. 'Course I didn't need to invest the time and gas in going to the grocery store, either. ;)

Alrighty then! :biggrin: I am impressed...anyone who can prep and cook a meal in 10 minutes is a hero in my cookbook. 'Course I didn't need to invest the time and gas in going to the grocery store, either. ;)
Well, liquor stocks were dangerously low so I had to make a store run anyway. But it doesn't take long to hack up veggies and toss meat in a skillet. Rice and taters don't take long either doing it the Iceweasel way.

I made twice cooked pork last night, probably my favorite Chinese dish. (Huí Guō Ròu)
The only veggies I use are sweet red peppers and green onion, I use Hoisin sauce instead of the traditional bean sauces that are impossible to find...and Hoisin sauce is super awesome...so it works very well in this dish.

Borek and vegetable samosas

PatatesliSigaraBoregi.jpg

Vegetable-Samosas1.jpg

:Last night was

Beerded Drunkin Drums......pour a beer over chicken drumsticks in a 13x9 & bake in the oven for an hour, then top with BBQ sauce & bake another 1/2 hour.....350 degrees.
Seasoned Mashed Taters
Green Beans
Salad
Cheesy Garlic rolls
omg this sounds terrific!!!

:Last night was

Beerded Drunkin Drums......pour a beer over chicken drumsticks in a 13x9 & bake in the oven for an hour, then top with BBQ sauce & bake another 1/2 hour.....350 degrees.
Seasoned Mashed Taters
Green Beans
Salad
Cheesy Garlic rolls
omg this sounds terrific!!!

It was and oh so easy too. :thup:

I used to use a particular flavor of bottled sauce/marinade put out by Jack Daniels, but I haven't seen it in the stores the last couple of years. So I've been trying other options that included some kind of alcohol to keep the 'drunken' part. The kids always thought they were getting drunk because of it....until I told them the alcohol content is cooked away & leaves the flavor behind. They weren't too happy about that but still eat it.

Very nice Indian meat curry with fluffy white rice pilaf.

My mom's a very good cook, so I wish we weren't arguing (though I kissed and thanked her for the great meal).

Night before last....

Ranch Chicken

2-3 lbs assorted chicken pieces
Mayo
dry Ranch seasoning mix

Smear the chicken with mayo, then sprinkle with dry seasoning. Bake @ 350 for about an hour

Last night......

Lasagna Roll Ups

2-4 C marinara sauce
dozen lasagna noodles, cooked just el-dente & drained
6-8 C Cheese (I only use shredded cheeses like Mozzarella, Romano, Provolone, Parmesan, etc because hubs doesn't like Ricotta or Cottage Cheese)
1 or 2 eggs
1 tsp Italian seasoning

Mix cheeses, eggs, & seasoning in large mixing bowl, set aside. Add about 1/2 C marinara sauce to bottom of 13x9 baking dish & swirl to cover bottom. Lay out a cooked lasagna noodle, smear about 1 tsp marinara sauce over it, then top with cheese mixture. Roll up & place in baking dish seam side down. When all rolls are made, pour remaining sauce over the rolls, then top with remaining cheese mix. Bake @ 350 for about 20-30 minutes till hot & bubbly & cheese is melted.

Tonight.....

Baked Seasoned Chicken

Smear the chicken with softened butter then sprinkle a bit heavily some garlic powder, poultry seasoning & seasoning salt both inside & outside the chicken carcass. Bake @ 375 till done...about an hour & a half....The juices & drippings make the best gravy

Tomorrow Ima thinkin something Mexican with beef.....either Tacos, Fajitas, or Enchiladas

I made soup for tonight.

I'm good at making soups!:D

a hearty chicken and vegetables and rice delicious soup

love it

Night before last....

Ranch Chicken

Mayo
dry Ranch seasoning mix

Smear the chicken with mayo, then sprinkle with dry seasoning. Bake @ 350 for about an hour

Last night......

Lasagna Roll Ups

2-4 C marinara sauce
6-8 C Cheese (I only use shredded cheeses like Mozzarella, Romano, Provolone, Parmesan, etc because hubs doesn't like Ricotta or Cottage Cheese)
1 or 2 eggs
1 tsp Italian seasoning

Mix cheeses, eggs, & seasoning in large mixing bowl, set aside. Add about 1/2 C marinara sauce to bottom of 13x9 baking dish & swirl to cover bottom. Lay out a cooked lasagna noodle, smear about 1 tsp marinara sauce over it, then top with cheese mixture. Roll up & place in baking dish seam side down. When all rolls are made, pour remaining sauce over the rolls, then top with remaining cheese mix. Bake @ 350 for about 20-30 minutes till hot & bubbly & cheese is melted.

Tonight.....

Baked Seasoned Chicken

Smear the chicken with softened butter then sprinkle a bit heavily some garlic powder, poultry seasoning & seasoning salt both inside & outside the chicken carcass. Bake @ 375 till done...about an hour & a half....The juices & drippings make the best gravy

Tomorrow Ima thinkin something Mexican with beef.....either Tacos, Fajitas, or Enchiladas

I like doing baked ranch chicken with the ranch dressing mix. I soak the chicken in buttermilk, then roll it in bread crumbs with the ranch dressing mixed into it.

Night before last....

Ranch Chicken

Mayo
dry Ranch seasoning mix

Last night......

Lasagna Roll Ups

2-4 C marinara sauce
1 or 2 eggs
1 tsp Italian seasoning

Tonight.....

Baked Seasoned Chicken

I like doing baked ranch chicken with the ranch dressing mix. I soak the chicken in buttermilk, then roll it in bread crumbs with the ranch dressing mixed into it.

That sounds good too, thank you for the idea.

Most large grocery stores offer already cooked chicken from their deli. But tonight, I made Karma's chicken/rice/carrot stew and held out a leg and a thigh for MrG and I to have.

I make the best fried chicken ever. So..that's what we had. MY chicken, with crispy hash browns and an egg on top, and a nice cool salad with bits of apple in it.

Forum List

Back