Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Mushroom soup from fresh mushroom-borovik.
Mushrooms, potatoes, pearl barley. Some people add onions, but I believe that the onion kills the mushroom flavor. Also no specialties, just salt. In the cooked soup, add mayonnaise or sour cream (Smetana)

View attachment 213789

Mushrooms are in the forest, now is the time to go for mushrooms.

View attachment 213790

Man, I'd have to add some bacon, venison, or venison and bacon to that.
You first cook the soup from the boletus-borovik, then try it with sour cream. It has many calories.
What bacon, venison and game?
Every meal has its own taste.

Cracker need some protein, gotta add some swine, venison, yard bird, or gator to that there.

Rabbit'll work in a pinch. A meal without meat is not a meal. It's a side dish.

I've been places where a meal is 1/2 a chicken with a side of burger,sausage, hot dog, or ribs.

Last edited:
Mushroom soup from fresh mushroom-borovik.
Mushrooms, potatoes, pearl barley. Some people add onions, but I believe that the onion kills the mushroom flavor. Also no specialties, just salt. In the cooked soup, add mayonnaise or sour cream (Smetana)

View attachment 213789

Mushrooms are in the forest, now is the time to go for mushrooms.

View attachment 213790

Man, I'd have to add some bacon, venison, or venison and bacon to that.
You first cook the soup from the boletus-borovik, then try it with sour cream. It has many calories.
What bacon, venison and game?
Every meal has its own taste.

Cracker need some protein, gotta add some swine, venison, yard bird, or gator to that there.

Rabbit'll work in a pinch. A meal without meat is not a meal. It's a side dish.

I've been places where a meal is 1/2 a chicken with a side of burger,sausage, hot dog, or ribs.

When we eat mushroom soup, we get calories not from mushrooms, but from pearl barley (bread products). Sour cream serves as a source of fat. Mushrooms - for pleasure and aroma.

Consider these two products: bread and meat. In lean meats, calories are almost half that in bread, that is, it is very unimportant. But in meat, almost twice as much protein as in bread, and in a very good combination for the body. (In bread of protein up to 6%, caloric content of bread is 2300-2400 kilocalories per kilogram, in meat of protein 12%, caloric content 1200-1300 kilocalories per kilogram.)
It follows that a person who is in cold conditions and is busy with heavy physical work needs there is more bread or bread alone - calorie fuel. Together with bread he will get enough protein (spare parts), and he will not need a lot of food. But if a person lives in a warm climate and the expenditure of energy (calories) on his own heating is small, if his labor is physically not very heavy, then it is better to eat meat. If he daily his norm of proteins will be typed at the expense of bread, then he will quickly swell from the store of energy - from fat. It will not be food, but fattening.
At the same time, if a heavily working person will eat only lean meat, then there will be a lot of meat, and the proteins will be uselessly spent.
Of course, there are cases when there is nowhere to go, say, to a nomadic pastoralist or fisherman, but those who are forced to eat only what they have mined in the civilized world are no more.

And it means fresh meat.
Sausage, smoked meat, bacon were invented in Europe for the purpose of preserving meat. Since in Europe there is a warm climate.
In Russia, historically, we ate more bread than meat. Nevertheless, the meat was not smoked, but was either frozen in a "glacier" - an underground structure where ice persisted throughout the summer, or extinguished for conservation in clay vessels in a Russian stove.

Whatever, dude. No meat= No go for me, sorry.

You can't get meat in Russia, er what?

Selivan.

We had a Labor Day potluck at church. "Food Around the World". Tons of Italian and Mexican food, but we also had a soul food table, Native American food, and Indian food. Soooo good.

We had a Labor Day potluck at church. "Food Around the World". Tons of Italian and Mexican food, but we also had a soul food table, Native American food, and Indian food. Soooo good.

Yum - sounds good.

We had a BBQ while watching the A's spank the Evul Yankees. Burger, sausages and ribs (first two grilled, last one smoked).

Was reading Cecile's cinnamon crusted pork tenderloin recipe from a few days ago. Every week I have my Aunt Betty--age 92 and in better shape than most of us--and her next door neighbor, who is adopted family, over for Sunday lunch. It is pretty much the only home cooked meal either get as neither cook. :)

Last Sunday I tried a new recipe of marinated (over night) pork tenderloin roasted in the oven and served with apricot sauce. Yummy.

Was reading Cecile's cinnamon crusted pork tenderloin recipe from a few days ago. Every week I have my Aunt Betty--age 92 and in better shape than most of us--and her next door neighbor, who is adopted family, over for Sunday lunch. It is pretty much the only home cooked meal either get as neither cook. :)

Last Sunday I tried a new recipe of marinated (over night) pork tenderloin roasted in the oven and served with apricot sauce. Yummy.

I would love to be able to cook pork with apricot or peach sauces, but my husband dislikes them both. :(

I would love to be able to cook pork with apricot or peach sauces, but my husband dislikes them both. :(

My husband would say that he dislikes them too. But if I don't tell him what they are he likes them. :)

Homemade mango chutney is also wonderful with pork tenderloin.

My husband would say that he dislikes them too. But if I don't tell him what they are he likes them. :)

Homemade mango chutney is also wonderful with pork tenderloin.

I've become quite fond of fresh pineapple, and pork is a wonderful meat for tropical fruits of all sorts.

Ok. This is my Sunday dinner menu: Roasted peppers with olive oil, fried pork chops, bourbon sweet potatoes, roasted asparagus, corn bread and sour cream apple pie.

Forum List

Back