Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

We are having cinnamon-crusted pork tenderloin with rice and broccoli.

Recipe for the pork tenderloin? Please. I read this and my mouth starting watering.

I’m roasting a 5 lb chicken. Grain fed, air chilled. It was too small to stuff. I just put a bit of sage and a sprig of rosemary in the cavity. I throw a few carrots and a whole onion, maybe two, in the pan for last hour.

I’m making cheesy garlic mashed potatoes to go with it, and pan gravy.

We are having cinnamon-crusted pork tenderloin with rice and broccoli.

Recipe for the pork tenderloin? Please. I read this and my mouth starting watering.

I’m roasting a 5 lb chicken. Grain fed, air chilled. It was too small to stuff. I just put a bit of sage and a sprig of rosemary in the cavity. I throw a few carrots and a whole onion, maybe two, in the pan for last hour.

I’m making cheesy garlic mashed potatoes to go with it, and pan gravy.

It's pretty easy. You mix cinnamon, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a dish, and roll the pork loin in it. Then you brown the outside of the pork loin in some olive oil in a skillet. Place it in a baking dish, mix a bunch of brown sugar with some minced garlic and Tabasco sauce, and pat it onto the surface of the pork, then bake it at 350 degrees until your meat thermometer tells you it's done in the middle.

Oh, and one of my co-workers suggested that the next time I roast a bird (because I always baste with a combination of orange juice and butter), to cut some oranges into wedges and put them in the cavity while it roasts, to infuse the meat with the orange flavor even more.

boston butt is in the oven now.
This weekend I made baked spaghetti...and a banana brownie cake that the kids devoured.

My boss made a big bunch of posole this weekend for a family gathering, and then didn't have quite as many guests as she anticipated. So she brought the leftovers in to work in a crock pot, heated it up, and we've all been eating ourselves into a stupor. Soooooo good. Actually the only form in which I will eat hominy.

Mushroom soup from fresh mushroom-borovik.
Mushrooms, potatoes, pearl barley. Some people add onions, but I believe that the onion kills the mushroom flavor. Also no specialties, just salt. In the cooked soup, add mayonnaise or sour cream (Smetana)

31458.jpg

Mushrooms are in the forest, now is the time to go for mushrooms.

31369.jpg

Last night, we had BLTs with pasta salad on the side. Because bacon!

On Thursdays and Fridays at my office, we have a rotation of gourmet lunch trucks that come by. Today's was Los Lunchadores, which does some absolutely delicious quesadillas. I went with the steak and bleu cheese.

My church is having a Mexican/Italian potluck on Labor Day, so I'll be spending the weekend making posole, using my boss's recipe. Everyone wish me luck, because it'll be my first try at this.

Simple.... chicken burgers and sweet potato fries.
I make a simple dipping sauce for sw pot fries.... just mayo, heinz chili sauce and sriracha.
For chicken burgers, I keep that pretty simple too... ground chicken, salt&pepper, paprika and garlic. And then add an egg and plain bread crumbs.

Mushrooms, potatoes, pearl barley. Some people add onions, but I believe that the onion kills the mushroom flavor. Also no specialties, just salt. In the cooked soup, add mayonnaise or sour cream (Smetana)

View attachment 213789

View attachment 213790

Man, I'd have to add some bacon, venison, or venison and bacon to that.

View attachment 213789

View attachment 213790

Man, I'd have to add some bacon, venison, or venison and bacon to that.
You first cook the soup from the boletus-borovik, then try it with sour cream. It has many calories.
What bacon, venison and game?
Every meal has its own taste.

Forum List

Back