Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Sounds great.

Do you ever use the whole grain pasta? It has a lot more nutritional value, but does have a different taste.

I don't think I have, these noodles I bought for Foodssmart, they were called No Yolk Egg Noodles or something.

no-yolk-egg-noodles2.jpg

I made a marinara sauce from the last of my tomatoes, the late ones are less juicy that earlier in the season. There is still Oregano and here in California, rosemary grows all year. I had to use store bought onions and garlic, with a yellow bell on an Anaheim pepper. Everything goes in the food processor, to a medium chunky consistency. Simmered it in the crockpot all day, then switched it to cast iron when I got home for an hour at hard boil, without a lid to thicken it. Served it over whole grain fettuccine with a grilled chicken breast. Wifey liked it,

That sounds amazing, I was thinking about growing my own vegetables and stuff but I am in an apartment now so that will have to wait. The meat loaf I made last night was amazing I out in onions, garlic, mushrooms, a chopped up carrot, chopped up bell pepper, a can of rotel diced tomatoes, a teaspoon of Worchestire Sauce and soy sauce and mustard like Kosher Girl suggested, it came out great. When I cooked the egg noodles I put in 2 cans of chicken broth and half a stick of butter, I set that to a boil before I put the noodles in, the flavors were great.

The noodles were a side, yes? Not part of the meat loaf?

I made a marinara sauce from the last of my tomatoes, the late ones are less juicy that earlier in the season. There is still Oregano and here in California, rosemary grows all year. I had to use store bought onions and garlic, with a yellow bell on an Anaheim pepper. Everything goes in the food processor, to a medium chunky consistency. Simmered it in the crockpot all day, then switched it to cast iron when I got home for an hour at hard boil, without a lid to thicken it. Served it over whole grain fettuccine with a grilled chicken breast. Wifey liked it,

That sounds amazing, I was thinking about growing my own vegetables and stuff but I am in an apartment now so that will have to wait. The meat loaf I made last night was amazing I out in onions, garlic, mushrooms, a chopped up carrot, chopped up bell pepper, a can of rotel diced tomatoes, a teaspoon of Worchestire Sauce and soy sauce and mustard like Kosher Girl suggested, it came out great. When I cooked the egg noodles I put in 2 cans of chicken broth and half a stick of butter, I set that to a boil before I put the noodles in, the flavors were great.

The noodles were a side, yes? Not part of the meat loaf?

Oh yeah they were a side.

Tonight was fried tofu with hot Korean bean paste, spicy bean sprouts, and chapchae.

Salmon with sauce made from yellow mustard and honey.

Penne pasta, spinach and bacon quiche, gyoza, shumai, onigiri, broccoli and rice, baked sweet potatoes, and dango.

= left overs from a pot-luck supper.

I had left over curry with white rice, tonight I will be making Puerto Rican rice with chopped up pork chops mixed with the sofrito, I can't wait.

I had a pot roast with carrots, potatoes, a chopped up onion, a can of mushrooms, a case of onion soup mix and a can of mushroom soup mixed it, it turned out so damn good and I had some white rice on the side. Yummy.

Last night it was chicken pieces with herbs and spices, and satay rice. Tonight, we will be home from karate late, so we might end up getting Subway.

Forum List

Back