Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Going out for Sushi before heading to a basketball game.

Oh, don't I wish! We had a take a raincheck on Christmas for the boys because Joe and I were both in the middle of changing jobs and money was really tight, so we promised the oldest that when we started getting paychecks from the new employers, we'd all go out for sushi and a giant shopping expedition. (The youngest is too young to know Christmas from his left elbow yet.)

One of the essentials of good living, imo, is to have a good local owner operated sushi place. Ours is wonderful...and rather cheap, too.

Nothing better than a late-night trip to a kaitenzushi place. Just pilin' up the plates till you can't eats no mo!

Mushrooms? GAG lol It is fungus! How does that make you feel? LOL :)

True...but then...cheese is mold.

And burger is ground up bits and fat.

Hmmmm... Touche
I do not use beef burger. I use deer with just a little bit of regular meat like 10% or so just for a little grease. My dad has a ground machine and we both go hunting. Lots of meat lol. I am picky about food. VERY picky. Far from frugal on most. Mushroom is a texture thing for me, really. As is peppers, onions and radishs. I cook with onions and peppers A LOT but i take them out lol

An adult should never be a picky eater. It's childish and self-indulgent.

Oh, don't I wish! We had a take a raincheck on Christmas for the boys because Joe and I were both in the middle of changing jobs and money was really tight, so we promised the oldest that when we started getting paychecks from the new employers, we'd all go out for sushi and a giant shopping expedition. (The youngest is too young to know Christmas from his left elbow yet.)

One of the essentials of good living, imo, is to have a good local owner operated sushi place. Ours is wonderful...and rather cheap, too.

Nothing better than a late-night trip to a kaitenzushi place. Just pilin' up the plates till you can't eats no mo!

We have this great place that has Korean BBQ as well as sushi, and the all-you-can-eat bar includes a variety of Asian foods, most of their standard sushi rolls, AND the Korean BBQ. You just go down the line and pick whichever prepared meats and veggies you want to BBQ and take them back to your table. If you're still hungry, you can order specialty sushi off the menu, as well.

Best deal in town, and SOOO good.

True...but then...cheese is mold.

And burger is ground up bits and fat.

Hmmmm... Touche
I do not use beef burger. I use deer with just a little bit of regular meat like 10% or so just for a little grease. My dad has a ground machine and we both go hunting. Lots of meat lol. I am picky about food. VERY picky. Far from frugal on most. Mushroom is a texture thing for me, really. As is peppers, onions and radishs. I cook with onions and peppers A LOT but i take them out lol

Then call me childish, because I am an extremely picky eater. There are heaps of foods that I can't stomach.

Hmmmm... Touche

Then call me childish, because I am an extremely picky eater. There are heaps of foods that I can't stomach.

Time to grow up.

Well the lasagna rolls were amazing last night! Ricotta cheese, spinach and crockpot chicken shredded and stuffed in lasagna noodles with sauce. And some pinot noir(room temp) and cheese garlic toast

Time to grow up.

So because we know what we like, it is childish? Sorry if you don't know. Maybe you need to grow up and learn what you like. As long as I can afford good food and also afford to eat what I want, then I will. But thanks for your immature 2 cents

Time to grow up.

In all fairness, it seems like one of the side effects of growing older is that one's cast-iron digestion of youth becomes less and less tolerant of certain foods.

I've never allowed FUSSY eating in my house, but it's a fact that there's a certain amount of particularity from various family members that I have to work around.

Chicken parmesan cassarole(a lot like last night lol) side salad and banana pudding

French onion pork chops(pan seared and broiled), seared asparagus, homemade potato salad

Tonight it's going to be macaroni-hot dog casserole, to get rid of the last two boxes of cheap macaroni my mom gave me. Boil up the macaroni, mix in the cheap-ass cheese, then chop the turkey franks into it. I also add fire-roasted tomatoes and diced green chiles, then sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese and bread crumbs on top, and bake it all in a casserole dish, so it has a nice, melty cheese crust.

Puerto Rican rice with a rotissirie chicken chopped up and thrown in, it was delicious. Left overs tonight.

Puerto Rican rice? Store bought or made? If made, do you knwo what was used?

I made it myself, I used onions, a green pepper and a red pepper, cilantro and 3 jalapenos all chopped up for the sofrito. I also put in a cube of Knorrs chicken broth, a shot of Goya cooking wine, a chopped up sausage and olives with the sofrito. I also picked the skin and meat off a rotissirie chicken and threw than in for flavor. A Puerto Rican friend of mine taught me how to make it. You basically mix all that together and throw in a pack of Achiote for flavor and coloring, I also use Adobo seasoning for the meat. Put in 2 and a half cups of Parboiled rice and 3 cups of water, let it cook for 20 minutes, you put the beans in last I have been using red beans lately but I used black beans last night, let it cook on low for a while and you are done. It is fantasic I make it once a week religiously.

My day is most people's night, so I made a big-ass cheese, ham, onion, green pepper, red pepper, mushroom omlette for my people before they got up.

Forum List

Back