Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Tonight I'm doing healthy-n-cheap shepherd's pie, ie. I'm making it with ground turkey, rather than ground lamb. Ground lamb is stupid expensive, and while it's leaner than ground beef (I believe), it's still more saturated fat than I really like to give my husband.

So . . . ground turkey in cream of mushroom sauce, mixed with peas and diced carrots, under mashed potatoes with a cheddar cheese crust, and biscuits on the side for Joe to mop up the gravy with.

Tonight I'm doing healthy-n-cheap shepherd's pie, ie. I'm making it with ground turkey, rather than ground lamb. Ground lamb is stupid expensive, and while it's leaner than ground beef (I believe), it's still more saturated fat than I really like to give my husband.

So . . . ground turkey in cream of mushroom sauce, mixed with peas and diced carrots, under mashed potatoes with a cheddar cheese crust, and biscuits on the side for Joe to mop up the gravy with.

If you have any kind of Irish import stores in the area, World Market or something like that, there is a great product called Bisto. It's extremely popular in Ireland and makes a really good instant gravy. I make shepherd's pie with it and it's fantastic. But use the granules, not the powder. That stuff is practically MADE for shepherd's pie. Unless you're making it from scratch it's hard to do better.

I find that the Better Than Boullion products make homemade gravies much better if one lacks drippings to start the roue.

Last night, we dined out. I have prime rib and broccollini. The serving was so huge, I'll eat the other half tonight while mr. boe gets to have the Ham&Bean soup I'm making today.

Last night was a cobbled-together beans-and-rice dish: ground sweet sausage and turkey, red beans, black beans, tomatoes, rice, with a LOT of Cajun spices.

So much for my guys going, "Ugh!" and making faces when I suggest beans.

I've got 5 lbs of bourbon braised short ribs going in the crock pot right now. The aroma is driving me crazy.

I'll serve them with a salad and some roasted veggies

Today's lunch is fabulous. I'm starting with Steamed lobster with New England clam chowder sauce, served on sauteed spinach with sweet potato hay.

Then some grilled Bison & wild huckleberry reduction, strawberry preserve and red cabbage, red potato horseradish cake, baby golden beets and green beans and butternut squash purée.

The for dessert Hudson Valley apple pie with sour cream ice cream and maple caramel sauce. Aged Toma Celena and Jersey Girl Colby from Cooperstown Cheese Company. All paired with a $100 bottle of wine.

Oh my I am so sorry. That's what Obama is having. I had a can of spam on toast.

Spinach and shrimp pasta, cheese garlic bread, side salad and pedialite pops was last night. Tonight, leftovers

Today's lunch is fabulous. I'm starting with Steamed lobster with New England clam chowder sauce, served on sauteed spinach with sweet potato hay.

Then some grilled Bison & wild huckleberry reduction, strawberry preserve and red cabbage, red potato horseradish cake, baby golden beets and green beans and butternut squash purée.

The for dessert Hudson Valley apple pie with sour cream ice cream and maple caramel sauce. Aged Toma Celena and Jersey Girl Colby from Cooperstown Cheese Company. All paired with a $100 bottle of wine.

Oh my I am so sorry. That's what Obama is having. I had a can of spam on toast.

I'd rather have the spam on toast, with a lovely honey mustard glaze.

Tonight it's homemade chicken Parmesan, over angelhair pasta. Debating whether or not I want to mix some Italian herb and cheese sauce with the pasta first, for a little extra kick.

Grilled salmon and green beans...with San Pelligrino.

Sounds yummy, Mr H : ))

I made penne pasta with turkey meatballs and red gravy.... and some pineapple and a butterscotch krimpet for dessert. And a romaine salad. Oh, and freshly-shredded Parmesan for the pasta.

I made my first rotissirie chicken last night, I used Greek seasoning for a dry rub and put lemons in it, not bad for the first time. I also had Puerto Rican rice on the side.

Rotissirie chicken, fresh corn on the cob and hashbrown casserole. HG, I was gonna ask you if you were gonna do the rice thing this week lol

Rotissirie chicken, fresh corn on the cob and hashbrown casserole. HG, I was gonna ask you if you were gonna do the rice thing this week lol

Yeah I had it as a side yesterday, did you make the chicken yourself? yesterday was my first time using the rotissirie, it went rather well.

Yeah I had it as a side yesterday, did you make the chicken yourself? yesterday was my first time using the rotissirie, it went rather well.

Na, my gf did. She tends to have dinner and a blue moon ready when I walk in the door :) Hers turned out great. I know all she uses is dry rub. The lemon sound snice. Might have to put in a request!

Na, my gf did. She tends to have dinner and a blue moon ready when I walk in the door :) Hers turned out great. I know all she uses is dry rub. The lemon sound snice. Might have to put in a request!

Does she put on the dry rub over night? I wasn't sure if I was supposed to let the bird sit in the rub over night or if it matters? I put my rub on there right before I put it in the rotissirie.

Does she put on the dry rub over night? I wasn't sure if I was supposed to let the bird sit in the rub over night or if it matters? I put my rub on there right before I put it in the rotissirie.

She put hers on right before. Although I see nothing wrong with putting it on overnight. That is how I do my ribs, and they are always fantastic

Forum List

Back