Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Tonight's shepherds' pie wasn't bad - the potatoes sliced on top were a bit dry, though. So next time I do it, I'll put the lid on the casserole when I bake it. The spinach I accidentally put in gave it an ominous look, but it tasted just fine....

There's a bunch of 50% off Rice-a-Roni (beef flavored) for sale in the discount bin of the SAFEWAY. Bunch of 50% off sausage too.......

:eusa_eh:

Sounds like a good night for Dirty Rice.

2 X boxes of Roni = $1.80
1 lb Sausage = $1.80

Cost of feed = $1.20/slave

Ribeye (which I dont like) de-turded shrimp and baked potato
Wish me luck on cutting all of that darn fat off lol

All right guys, are you cooking for your significant other for Valentine's?

My wife and I are putting dinner off until Friday. I'm cooking so I can do that.

First Course

Seared pistachio crusted scallops with a mint, pea puree

Second Course

Tuna sashimi wontons with chile oil and wasabi cream

Palette cleanser

Lemon basil sorbet

Main Course

2 lb lobsters and filet Mignon served with grilled asparagus and a jalepeno corn polenta

Dessert

individual chocolate lava cakes with bourbon caramel and home made vanilla ice cream with a side of diamond earrings.

All right guys, are you cooking for your significant other for Valentine's?

My wife and I are putting dinner off until Friday. I'm cooking so I can do that.

First Course

Seared pistachio crusted scallops with a mint, pea puree

Second Course

Tuna sashimi wontons with chile oil and wasabi cream

Palette cleanser

Lemon basil sorbet

Main Course

2 lb lobsters and filet Mignon served with grilled asparagus and a jalepeno corn polenta

Dessert

individual chocolate lava cakes with bourbon caramel and home made vanilla ice cream with a side of diamond earrings.

DAY-YAM....:eek:

I would have been sold if you'd stopped at the jalepeno corn polenta.

Samson: Next time, try about 1/3 cup of duck sauce (Chinese stuff, yes), garlic and ginger, mix with the egg, use a little soy sauce instead of salt. For a little excitement, you can dice up some water chestnuts - they give a nice crunchiness..... If you use onion, it's best to use fresh OR at least nuke it and pour off the water.

'Duck sauce' is the nastiest crap on earth. I never encountered anything remotely like that sticky ass-juice anywhere in China. Chinese food in the States is usually different than Chinese food in China, but that crap is a WMD.

Tonight's shepherds' pie wasn't bad - the potatoes sliced on top were a bit dry, though. So next time I do it, I'll put the lid on the casserole when I bake it. The spinach I accidentally put in gave it an ominous look, but it tasted just fine....

Shepherd's Pie is DA BOMB!

Oh wow. I started this thread a long time ago. At least..I think it was me. I forget. I'm older now. Be kind to the old woman, m'kay?

lol

Anywho...I had tacos for dinner.

Tonight was my world-famous, home-made, from-scratch gyoza. I hadn't made them in a while, but I still got the touch!

Samson: Next time, try about 1/3 cup of duck sauce (Chinese stuff, yes), garlic and ginger, mix with the egg, use a little soy sauce instead of salt. For a little excitement, you can dice up some water chestnuts - they give a nice crunchiness..... If you use onion, it's best to use fresh OR at least nuke it and pour off the water.

'Duck sauce' is the nastiest crap on earth. I never encountered anything remotely like that sticky ass-juice anywhere in China. Chinese food in the States is usually different than Chinese food in China, but that crap is a WMD.

Think of it as "harvard beet sauce" then...

My gramma made harvard beets to die for..I ate them like candy when I was a little kid, couldn't get enough.

Take a can of sliced beets, bring to a simmer, pour in a couple tbs of vinegar, a couple of tsps of sugar and a little water with cornstarch to thicken..

Like plum sauce, only better.

Grandma's Harvard Beets Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Forum List

Back