Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I haven't had dumplings in forever. I guess I could make some but it has to be with gluten free bisquick. Still...yours sounds yummy!

I haven't had dumplings in forever. I guess I could make some but it has to be with gluten free bisquick. Still...yours sounds yummy!

My own secret recipe! I have to hit a few different shops in Chinatown to gather the necessary ingredients.

Make it gluten free for your GF friends! You will be a hit in the neighborhood!
Is it stuffed or do you put it in some kind of stew or soup..like chicken and dumplings, etc?

Make it gluten free for your GF friends! You will be a hit in the neighborhood!
Is it stuffed or do you put it in some kind of stew or soup..like chicken and dumplings, etc?

The magic is on the inside! Doesn't even need the usual dipping sauce. And it's not free of anything in particular on purpose.

Last edited:
Well...enjoy your dumplings and I will ponder how to make some once i google it and see what it encompasses. :)

Oh! Oh! Pot Stickers!!! I LOVE pot stickers. And the won ton wrappers are rice, aren't they? Oooh...I wanna make some with ground turkey...or pork. Thanks for the idea!!! I found some pics and recipes on allrecipes.com.

Oh! Oh! Pot Stickers!!! I LOVE pot stickers. And the won ton wrappers are rice, aren't they? Oooh...I wanna make some with ground turkey...or pork. Thanks for the idea!!! I found some pics and recipes on allrecipes.com.

Wontons are something entirely different. Gyoza wrappers are usually made from wheat, like pasta.

Tuna sashimi wontons with chile oil and wasabi cream.

"Sashimi wontons"? :confused:

It's not a true wonton.

I cut wonton skins into triangles deep fry them and the dust them with chili salt. I lay the tuna on top and drizzle with wasabi cream and garnish with scallions and pickled ginger

$tuna wonton.jpg

Don't mind my dog's nose. She's waiting for something to hit the floor.

Couldn't cook last night had some bullshit power issues in the apartment, I called the leasing office they are going to take care of it today, they fucking better. I had Chinese last night Shrimp fried rice.

Tuna sashimi wontons with chile oil and wasabi cream.

It's not a true wonton.

I cut wonton skins into triangles deep fry them and the dust them with chili salt. I lay the tuna on top and drizzle with wasabi cream and garnish with scallions and pickled ginger

View attachment 24449

You must have been a chef in a previous life.

It's not a true wonton.

View attachment 24449

You must have been a chef in a previous life.
100% self taught.

But i have a long way to go.

All right guys, are you cooking for your significant other for Valentine's?

My wife and I are putting dinner off until Friday. I'm cooking so I can do that.

First Course

Seared pistachio crusted scallops with a mint, pea puree

Second Course

Tuna sashimi wontons with chile oil and wasabi cream

Palette cleanser

Lemon basil sorbet

Main Course

2 lb lobsters and filet Mignon served with grilled asparagus and a jalepeno corn polenta

Dessert

individual chocolate lava cakes with bourbon caramel and home made vanilla ice cream with a side of diamond earrings.

I never celebrated Valentine's Day, even when my marriage was still going strong, because our wedding anniversary is February 18th. We did our celebrating then.

Tonight, I will be celebrating Valentine's Day with the age-old tradition of making money off of suckers . . . I mean, people in love.

By the way, I have an insane work schedule tonight in order to free myself up to go out of town this weekend, and I'm spending the time before that doing laundry and packing my stuff, so I'm making pork tenderloin with honey mustard sauce in the crockpot. I will probably just steam some vegetables and serve the last of the artisan bread I baked the other day on the side.

By the way, I have an insane work schedule tonight in order to free myself up to go out of town this weekend, and I'm spending the time before that doing laundry and packing my stuff, so I'm making pork tenderloin with honey mustard sauce in the crockpot. I will probably just steam some vegetables and serve the last of the artisan bread I baked the other day on the side.

That sounds good.

That sounds good.

I LOVE no-knead artisan bread. So many of the dishes I make have my husband looking for bread of some type to soak up the gravy/juice/sauce, and artisan bread is perfect for that purpose . . . and keeps him from using up the loaves of sandwich bread.

The recipe I used last was a beer bread, so it makes up very quickly, since the addition of the yeast in the beer makes the bread rise faster than would otherwise be the case.

And I swear, the smell of bread dough rising and then baking could make even Dracula's Castle feel warm and cozy.

I'm probably having nothing for dinner because my schedule is so insane M-Th....but TOMORROW night I'm attending a sit-down dinner at my church. No idea what we're having; I'm bringing cookies. Please God don't let it be entirely potluck. I am tired of casseroles made by other people.....

I want prime rib, but I don't think that's happening. I'll settle for ham or turkey.

Lunch was crackers, goat cheese and smoked oyster pieces (ninety nine cents!!!)

the goat cheese isn't doing much for me....it's much better cooked into something. Like a quiche.

I'm probably having nothing for dinner because my schedule is so insane M-Th....but TOMORROW night I'm attending a sit-down dinner at my church. No idea what we're having; I'm bringing cookies. Please God don't let it be entirely potluck. I am tired of casseroles made by other people.....

I want prime rib, but I don't think that's happening. I'll settle for ham or turkey.

Lunch was crackers, goat cheese and smoked oyster pieces (ninety nine cents!!!)

the goat cheese isn't doing much for me....it's much better cooked into something. Like a quiche.

I heated a box of mini-quiches to snack on the other day, and my teenager said, "Can I have one? I've never had a quiche before." I said, "Yes, you have. I've made it several times. The big egg pies with all the veggies in them?" "Oooh! Is THAT what these are?"

Usually, he's very smart and has an extensive vocabulary. *eye roll*

Forum List

Back