Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I had Calamari made with lime, ginger, orange marmalade and wassabi sauce

Looked something like this.

S18-Calamares-com-Wasabi.jpg

I took myself out to Legal Seafood and had New England Clam Chowder

Cover-Chowder2NewHero30APR12.jpg

and

Fisherman's Platter..

l.jpg

Sauteed some shrimp and steamed some snow crab legs. There's been some good seafood sales here lately.

A little late but sunday dinner was spaghetti with mushroom marinara, meatballs, and sausage.

The sauce was:

2 onions, a combination of small and larger dice
2 tbs minced garlic
Italian seasoning
dried oregano
3 cans crushed tomatoes (Redpack)
1 small can tomato paste
1 pack fresh sliced mushrooms
sugar
red wine
kosher salt/pepper
fresh chopped parsely

Meatballs were:
ground beef (80)% and ground veal
3 ends of bread, soaked
fresh parsely
eggs
plain breadcrumbs.
oregano

Sausage was store bought (boo!) pork, with cheese and parsley.

So I'm busy doing a large pot of all-purpose tomato sauce now, and I will be making chicken Parmesan for dinner tonight and freezing the rest. I was going to do chicken corn chowder tonight, and let the sauce freeze a day before I use it, but it SNOWED (!), making it impossible for me to get out and get cream for the chowder. So now the chowder is on tomorrow's menu, which will at least give me time to make some fresh beer bread to go with it.

Chicken fricassee, potato salad and baked beans.

I would have made homemade rolls, but we're out of flour and I don't want to run to the store.

Though I may change my mind....

I baked this in between shoveling myself out of a snow storm. I wanted to have something to look forward to...

IMG_2355_zpsd9c2128e.jpg

Tonight Lamb steaks marinated in garlic infused olive oil, red vinegar, oregano, powdered garlic, red pepper flakes and grilled; Greek potatoes (russet cut into fry shape, tossed with garlic infused olive oil, fresh lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and pan fried in the oven; and, left over red cabbage ( shredded, cooked with red onion and apple cider vinegar (sometimes with a grated green apple, though not this time) and a salad.

Forum List

Back