Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS6R2IzDI10]Beer Can Chicken Barbecue by the BBQ Pit Boys - YouTube[/ame]

I dunno about dinner tonight - probably the guys will just scrounge, because I'm feeling lousy today - but I've decided that I really need to bake some muffins, so that there are pastries in the morning to go with my coffee.

I'm definitely seeing Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip muffins, and maybe some Lemon-Raspberry (I don't like poppyseed, and I don't see why everyone automatically thinks "lemon" has to have it).

I'd rather not talk about it.
Mrs. H. doesn't like to cook- said so herself.
Regardless, she does on occasion come up with some gems, albeit a rarity.
At least there's something on the table by 6, without fail.
I suppose there's something to be said about that.

And that's all I have to say about that.

I thought you were gonna beer can that bird.

I had a question about that, I don't have a grill right now so it would have to go in the oven, do you leave the can in the bird when you put it in the oven? that may sound like a stupid question but I was having trouble when I read the direction, the instructions say to put the can in there but it never says to take it out, won't that start a fire?:redface:

I bought a chicken last night and was going to prep it for the rotissirie, I took out the giblets and there was like this green slime inside the chicken and the giblets. Needless to say I threw out the bird, but did anyone else ever see this kind of crap before? I have NEVER seen anything green inside a chicken.

I had a question about that, I don't have a grill right now so it would have to go in the oven, do you leave the can in the bird when you put it in the oven? that may sound like a stupid question but I was having trouble when I read the direction, the instructions say to put the can in there but it never says to take it out, won't that start a fire?:redface:

You set the bird on top of the can and leave it there while it cooks.

Don't forget though you only need about half a can of beer

HS0104_32921_s4x3_lg.jpg

The bird sit up like this. It works just fine in the oven. You might have to lower the rack.

You set the bird on top of the can and leave it there while it cooks.

Don't forget though you only need about half a can of beer

HS0104_32921_s4x3_lg.jpg

The bird sit up like this. It works just fine in the oven. You might have to lower the rack.

Good looking out!

I bought a chicken last night and was going to prep it for the rotissirie, I took out the giblets and there was like this green slime inside the chicken and the giblets. Needless to say I threw out the bird, but did anyone else ever see this kind of crap before? I have NEVER seen anything green inside a chicken.

Better safe than sorry. If I bring home funky food, I'll return it the next day for refund/exchange.

Better safe than sorry. If I bring home funky food, I'll return it the next day for refund/exchange.

I was too lazy, I only spent like $4.50 so it wasn't breaking my bank so I just chucked it.

Last night, it was crock-potted pork chops in creamy mushroom sauce, over rice.

Either tonight or tomorrow night, I'm going to make tilapia in tzatziki sauce with wild rice.

Forum List

Back