Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Dinner was of no consequence atall the other night. These were.

IMG_3704.jpg

That happens to me to when I smoke the weed to.

How do you do those pork chops and how long does it take? sounds delicious.

Well, these took a while, because they didn't get taken out of the freezer and thawed. Basically, you just layer them in the crockpot with cream of mushroom soup, turn it on high, and check them periodically. In the case of my frozen pork chops, I think it took about 4 hours. I like to do them that way because I can have dinner preparing itself while I'm working, and I know they'll come out tender.

How many chops did you put in?

You have a grill ?

Well, these took a while, because they didn't get taken out of the freezer and thawed. Basically, you just layer them in the crockpot with cream of mushroom soup, turn it on high, and check them periodically. In the case of my frozen pork chops, I think it took about 4 hours. I like to do them that way because I can have dinner preparing itself while I'm working, and I know they'll come out tender.

How many chops did you put in?

You have a grill ?

Nope, left it with my $unt ex girlfriend.

Tonight I'm going to do tilapia fillets with tzatziki sauce, and herbed wild rice (which ought to be good with a little tzatziki mixed in, too).

A friend of mine gave me some home made chorizo yesterday.

I had it for dinner with scrambled eggs and duck fat fried potatoes.

DEEEELICIOUS!!!

Exquisitely seasoned very lean burgers - on a sesame seed bun! - with spinach and also cauliflower. After the romaine salad with croutons and parmesan flakes, and before the home-made apple pie (with a small slice of Vermont cheddar)

I had Pork chops that were cooked over night in the crock pot with mushroom soup, cream of celery and onions, put it over white rice. It tasted amazing.

A bit late...but Saturday night we had a Very Festive evening at a ritzy steak house in San Francisco. Our table was in a nice corner with perfect sight and sound for the jazz band in the lounge. What a fabulous meal (mostly paid for by a birthday gift certificate). I had gulf prawns, salad, and a wagyu beef new york strip. Delish. Accompanied by a glass of champagne and a killer glass of cabernet sauvignon. We spent 3 hours having a very special dinner. It was lovely.

It's gonna be gyoza again tonight! We were up all night last night making them (Well, I was up half the night until I fell asleep getting the boy back to sleep after he woke up around 3. The Mrs. finished the last 50 or so herself while I snored, half in and half out of a Thomas the Train bed).

I finally got around to the tilapia with tzatziki sauce. It was delicious. I thought the sauce was a bit bland when I first tasted it, but once I spooned it over the fish and the bed of white and wild rice I served it on, it was perfect. Something about the way the flavors mingled.

I also discovered today that the leftover tzatziki sauce makes an excellent substitute for Miracle Whip or mayo in tuna salad sandwiches, and of course it's loads healthier.

I have a feeling that tzatziki sauce is going to make a regular appearance in a lot of my cooking from now on.

Last edited:
I finally got around to the tilapia with tzatziki sauce. It was delicious. I thought the sauce was a bit bland when I first tasted it, but once I spooned it over the fish and the bed of white and wild rice I served it on, it was perfect. Something about the way the flavors mingled.

I also discovered today that the leftover tzatziki sauce makes an excellent substitute for Miracle Whip or mayo in tuna salad sandwiches, and of course it's loads healthier.

I have a feeling that tzatziki sauce is going to make a regular appearance in a lot of my cooking from now on.

Do you make the tzatziki sauce yourself hon?

I made lasagna again last night, this time I used pork sausage with the ground beef in the sauce as well as a cup of red wine for flavor.

It's gonna be gyoza again tonight! We were up all night last night making them (Well, I was up half the night until I fell asleep getting the boy back to sleep after he woke up around 3. The Mrs. finished the last 50 or so herself while I snored, half in and half out of a Thomas the Train bed).

That brings back memories. When I was a kid, we would have gyoza making day before the Christmas holidays. Rather an odd tradition for a bunch of Scandahoovians, but my mom found a recipe one year and it became a tradition.

I miss that!

Forum List

Back